Page 713 of 775 FirstFirst ... 213613663703709710711712713714715716717723763 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,695 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    So you will take a noob surgeon or pilot over an experienced one because experienced people have made mistakes? Marvel phase 4 and 5 problem is because of writers who have no experience with films but writing Rick and Morty.
    Those examples are ridiculous and completely different. Don't be intellectually dishonest lol

I mean if this will receive hate for anything it won't be the female cast, it'll be the fact it's another Sony attempt to create a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man.
    Ironic saying that if the leaked script plot is true--

spoilers:
    the bad guy wants to kill a young peter parkers mom as he is trying to stop peter from being born so there is no spider-man! So, spider-man pretty much the big plot point if true!
    end of spoilers

Note this plot has not been confirmed but the trailer does hint it might be true!

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Those examples are ridiculous and completely different. Don't be intellectually dishonest lol
    Supergirl get writer of short film while Superman, Batman ger writers already proven themselves multiple times. Why didn't DC gave those projects to noobs

Supergirl get writer of short film while Superman, Batman ger writers already proven themselves multiple times. Why didn't DC gave those projects to noobs
    Because they didn't feel like it. Just like Feige gave Cap 2 to unproven directors.

But the main takeaway should be your crazy example of life and death situations compared to a movie director lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    This is another example of what I meant. Comic book fans are always doing this kind of reductive, sound-bite-mentality type of "reasoning"; Sony is not trying to make "a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man." That's a fanboy troll line if I ever saw one. They are making spin-off films based on the lore of the most successful character THEY OWN. They are a business, trying to make money off of one of THEIR characters, and there is nothing wrong with that, since they are not doing what you claim they are. The trailer is not called "Spider-Man"; it's called "Madame Web." When did comic book fans become so bitter and so unhappy with everything? I am not saying that was have to gleefully rave about every CBM we watch, but damn...nowadays even trailers generate so many bad takes that it has become the norm. Comic book fandom is truly a fandom of discontent.
    Look if you think Sony actually cares about Madame Web or Julia Carpenter or Mattie Franklin you're mistaken.
    This movie is no different than Venom, Morbius and Kraven it's just another cash grab made to tie in to their "cinematic universe" of Spider-Man characters without Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-15-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Trailer for What If…? Season 2.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Whilst I agree there’s often a very small vocal and toxic group of people that decry these kinds of projects, they are only able to do so when the studios give them the ammunition without the quality writing and story telling and solid direction to prop these projects up and give them wider appeal. Not doing so and solely relying on the gender or race or sexuality of the characters and nothing else and using them as a shield against any legitimate criticism can be equally problematic. And I enjoyed The Marvel’s overall.

When the opening weekend of The Marvels, a movie intended to give female audiences a more positive appeal alongside the traditional action and character driven elements of MCU films, but not only has low turnout but also skews nearly 65% male in that low audience, tells you that female casual audience you’re looking for might prefer something other than super hero films. It’s unfortunate but studios need to stop putting fingers in ears and admit the actual issues (which there are more than just those of course).

This is another example of what I meant. Comic book fans are always doing this kind of reductive, sound-bite-mentality type of "reasoning"; Sony is not trying to make "a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man." That's a fanboy troll line if I ever saw one.
    Sony keeps using the connection Spider-Man as the main selling point for these projects. They’ve been dangling the possibility of a Venom/Tom Holland crossover over fans’ heads for ages. Morbius literally lied to everyone by editing images of Tobey Maguire’s Spidey into the trailer. And the post credits scene shamelessly teases that Morbius and Vulture might team up to fight spider-man...eventually. So “Spider-Man films without Spider-Man” seems like an apt description to me. That’s clearly what Sony wants audiences to believe they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Whilst I agree there’s often a very small vocal and toxic group of people that decry these kinds of projects, they are only able to do so when the studios give them the ammunition without the quality writing and story telling and solid direction to prop these projects up and give them wider appeal. Not doing so and solely relying on the gender or race or sexuality of the characters and nothing else and using them as a shield against any legitimate criticism can be equally problematic. And I enjoyed The Marvel’s overall.

When the opening weekend of The Marvels, a movie intended to give female audiences a more positive appeal alongside the traditional action and character driven elements of MCU films, but not only has low turnout but also skews nearly 65% male in that low audience, tells you that female casual audience you’re looking for might prefer something other than super hero films. It’s unfortunate but studios need to stop putting fingers in ears and admit the actual issues (which there are more than just those of course).
    So I'll ask you the same question I did on the movie board. Hopefully you'll actually answer, unlike there.

1. When has Marvel solely relied on gender, sexuality or race of their characters?

2. What make you think the female audience should be higher for the Marvels in comparison to other MCU films?

3. Are you saying that men can't enjoy female led films or that star POCs? Because then you're saying the male fan base is pretty bigoted and studios should just accept that.

Niffleheim

So you will take a noob surgeon or pilot over an experienced one because experienced people have made mistakes? Marvel phase 4 and 5 problem is because of writers who have no experience with films but writing Rick and Morty.
    Idk what to say to your comparison bc I don't consider the art of writing and the probability to connect to an audience equal to saving lives or piloting a plane and I would still hire the Rick and Morty writers if I was Feige bc they had a short-hand to where I wanted the story in next saga to go. Simple.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    It's really not, they're AU versions, so that's not the last place we'll ever see those characters.
    We already know Marvel Studios is working on Fantastic Four and X-Men movies so that's clearly not the last we'll see of Xavier and Reed, we know Captain Carter from What If is ok and gonna be in season 2 so the version of the character people actually care about is still fine and making appearances.
    spoilers:

We saw another version of Maria Rambeau in the Marvels in the X-Men universe Monica got trapped in so we're definitely seeing her again likely with another version of Xavier.
    end of spoilers
    The character who's status is questionable is Black Bolt, but the fact they even acknowledged the Inhumans at all despite how horribly received the show was says they're averse to using those characters.
    I know we'll see Reed again but he and the version of Black Bolt went out pretty dumbly.

I was kind of satisfied seeing Captain Carter lose .
    Ok, so the trailer for Madame Web dropped, and here is yet another all-female superhero film that, simply because of being that, will probably get undeserved, totally forced, unreasonably hatred from the usual suspects. Looks quite decent to me, but we'll see.
    I am personally exhausted by how negative and toxic and just plain unhappy comic book fandom is most of the time. They never are content or satisfied with any CBM these days, and if said CBM stars more than one woman (Birds of Prey, The Marvels), forget about it. The claws come out...

“He was in the Amazon with my Mom when she was researching spiders right before she died”

I think that basically sums it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Trailer for What If…? Season 2.
    What If...Mad Max Gamora and Iron Man on Sakaar (which was supposed to be in season 1)

What If...Asgard vs the 10 Rings (Wenwu and his wife team-up against Odin and Hela?)

What If...Marvel 1602.

What If...there were a past version of the Avengers.

What If...we got a Christmas Episode where Happy Hogan and Darcy know each other.

What If...we got an original Native American hero.

What If...Captain Carter dealt with Avengers: Infinity War.

What If...Nebula became a Nova?

MCU films by IMDB scores
    1-Avengers: Endgame 8.4
    1-Avengers: Infinity War 8.4
    3-Spider-Man: No Way Home 8.2
    4-The Avengers 8.0
    4-Guardians of the Galaxy 8.0
    6-Iron Man 7.9
    6-Thor: Ragnarok 7.9
    6-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 7.9
    9-Captain America: Civil War 7.8
    9-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7.8
    11-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 7.6
    12-Doctor Strange 7.5
    13-Spider-Man: Homecoming 7.4
    13-Spider-Man: Far From Home 7.4
    13-Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 7.4
    16-Black Panther 7.3
    16-Avengers: Age of Ultron 7.3
    16-Ant-Man 7.3
    19-Iron Man 3 7.1
    20-Thor 7.0
    20-Ant-Man and the Wasp 7.0
    22-Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 6.9
    22-Captain America: The First Avenger 6.9
    22-Iron Man 2 6.9
    22-Thor: The Dark World 6.9
    26-Captain Marvel 6.8
    27-Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 6.7
    27-Black Widow 6.7
    29-The Incredible Hulk 6.6
    30-Eternals 6.3
    31-Thor: Love and Thunder 6.2
    32-Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 6.1
    32-The Marvels 6.1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    MCU films by IMDB scores
    The fact a movie like Wakanda Forever is in the bottom 10 under stuff like the first two Thors, the first two Ant-Mans and the 2nd and 3rd Iron Man movies says everything it needs to about the sort of people rating the movies on Imdb.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know we'll see Reed again but he and the version of Black Bolt went out pretty dumbly.
    Whether you like how they died is completely irrelevant to my point.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-15-2023 at 03:26 PM.

Guess I'm not getting any answers to my questions...

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    So I'll ask you the same question I did on the movie board. Hopefully you'll actually answer, unlike there.

1. When has Marvel solely relied on gender, sexuality or race of their characters?

2. What make you think the female audience should be higher for the Marvels in comparison to other MCU films?

3. Are you saying that men can't enjoy female led films or that star POCs? Because then you're saying the male fan base is pretty bigoted and studios should just accept that.
    It's about female Superheroes, has a female empowerment vibe, is headlined by three women with a female director?
    Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    Whether you like how they died is completely irrelevant to my point.
    I think it lends to my point, personally, but that's just me.