Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
Oh, I do think the Flag Smashers were murderers. I don't think there's any question about that. I guess that Flag Smasher saying "It wasn't me" sounded like somebody who already gave up fighting. Just my opinion. I kinda wish that Flag Smasher actually tried to "fake" a surrender and try to pull a fast one on Walker. It would have made the Flag Smashers a more cunning and dedicated organization than they appeared to be (in my eyes). I mean they were terrorists but also not really hardcore ones from what I saw in the show (like a weird combination of the Habitat for Humanity and the Weather Underground). The terrorists I see on television seem a hell of a lot nastier.
They tried to do them differently so they weren't stereotypical freedom fighter type terrorist. Even casting a black? biracial? female lead who wasn't very physically imposing nor scary was a way to be "different"

But they didn't spend enough type with them to flesh them out enough to make the competing narratives feel earned.

Frankly, if they just didn't have Karli burn down that building, it would have worked better. They jumped the shark there big time and made it so there was no way the audience could relaly feel sorry for them.

As entertaining as zemo was... they need to throw away that sublot (which would have thrown away Sharon's crap) so they could streamline and focus on the main narrative with the flagsmashers instead of taking a side mission to set up future stuff.