Page 316 of 760 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 11387
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Ghost wasn't that bad. I thought she was a reasonable antagonist and a lot better than Obadiah Cross.
    You mixed Obadiah Stane and Darren Cross and created a whole new character lol
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Of course Dreykov is lame. He's not meant to be a cool or badass supervillain. He's not someone that the heroes fight in a traditional battle. He's the representation of a system being uphold. He's not meant to be sympathetic in the slightest. The impact of what he does is felt throughout the entire movie by how the Red Room has effected all of the main characters, mainly Natasha and Yelena. The scenes with him are effective when you can see how pathetic and gross he really is and yet he holds so much power and it's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd say some of the Disney+ villains were about on par.

I guess Ant-Man and The Wasp if only because Ghost wasn't much of a villain and the other guys were just, well, generic goofy bad guys.
    She was villain half the movie and at least had a cool costume nad cool powers and some fight scenes.

Dreycov monologued for 5 minutes lol

alright, dude form WandaVision was worse just because of how much he was caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Mostly Malekith, Ronan, Abomination and Whiplash. I just saw Dreykov as a functional threat. But he could've been better used post Snap. Atleast he'll have a more concrete goal- he could take advantage of the political upheaval.

Dreykov is just a lesser Alexander Pierce. Both are one-shot villians that I'm fine with not seeing again.
    Yeah but Pierce actor sold it, had a history with Fury, motivations that made some since, his monologues were much better lol

The other 4 you mentioned were far superior to Dreykov... just because on top of havng **** motivations... they at lesat DID something lol.

and whoa whoa whoa... whats wrong with ol Abomination? That fight was kino
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/hulk/...9010#gs.e8228d

WWH? ... how? I didn't see that coming....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/hulk/...9010#gs.e8228d

WWH? ... how? I didn't see that coming....
    The only way I can see this happening is if Variant Maestro invades the main timeline.

There's no way Ruffalo's Hulk is going Worldbreaker.

Ultimate Member

I don't think she was bad. She had a cool costume and a sympathetic motivation, but I don't think she was as fulfilling as she could've been.

Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket was still more memorable to me than Ant-Man and Wasp vs. Ghost.
    The battle is the only the AM1 has going for it. Ghost didn't really need to be a 'big threat,' IMO, because not every movie needs some big villain

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    You mixed Obadiah Stane and Darren Cross and created a whole new character lol
    I was sarcastically bashing Cross for being Stane 2.0

The battle is the only the AM1 has going for it. Ghost didn't really need to be a 'big threat,' IMO, because not every movie needs some big villain
    I didn't say she needed to be a big threat but just a more memorable one.
    His motivations and personality were different though.

Niffleheim

That went right over my head
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

I didn't say she needed to be a big threat but just a more memorable one.
    She was memorable enough to me, if not necessarily great. But more memorable than a lot of the first movie.

His motivations and personality were different though.
    What personality? He barely had any. And his motivations weren't different enough. Hero says 'don't develop it.' Villain says 'No, I will, for profit!' The differences weren't enough to make Cross interesting. All he had going for him was his cool costume and abilities. Ghost is Thanos level next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    That went right over my head
    Haha, no worries. I should've put an emoji or something there.

She was memorable enough to me, if not necessarily great. But more memorable than a lot of the first movie.
    To each their own...
    What personality? He barely had any. And his motivations weren't different enough. Hero says 'don't develop it.' Villain says 'No, I will, for profit!' The differences weren't enough to make Cross interesting. All he had going for him was his cool costume and abilities. Ghost is Thanos level next to him.
    He had a very arrogant, yet manic, personality to him along with feelings of frustration that his idol/mentor seemingly didn't believe in him or what he could achieve and was very sadistic yet competent. He wasn't doing it just for the money but to prove a point.

I'm not saying he was an amazing villain but I feel like he was an effective one and made a good contrast to Scott.

Ultimate Member

To each their own...

He had a very arrogant, yet manic, personality to him along with feelings of frustration that his idol/mentor seemingly didn't believe in him or what he could achieve and was very sadistic yet competent. He wasn't doing it just for the money but to prove a point.

I'm not saying he was an amazing villain but I feel like he was an effective one and made a good contrast to Scott.
    I only saw most of that on paper, not in practice. To me, he was just another underdone MCU villain based on a Z-list comics villain. There were only one or two lines describing his character but the rest was perfunctory to me.

I only saw most of that on paper, not in practice. To me, he was just another underdone MCU villain based on a Z-list comics villain. There were only one or two lines describing his character but the rest was perfunctory to me.
    I feel like he was done just enough to service the film while still being a solid villain. But that's just me .

I mean, thematically he was Scott Lang's first villain so it makes sense they'd use him...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    She was villain half the movie and at least had a cool costume nad cool powers and some fight scenes.

Dreycov monologued for 5 minutes lol

alright, dude form WandaVision was worse just because of how much he was caricature.

Yeah but Pierce actor sold it, had a history with Fury, motivations that made some since, his monologues were much better lol

The other 4 you mentioned were far superior to Dreykov... just because on top of havng **** motivations... they at lesat DID something lol.

and whoa whoa whoa... whats wrong with ol Abomination? That fight was kino
    I never became an Abomination fan. It was a cool fight but I need a bit more than that from my villians....
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-22-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I never became an Abomination fan. It was a cool fight but I need a bit more than that from my villians....
    I thought they did a good job building up Blonsky, personally.

Personally the hip holes never seemed all that sexualized, at least the way the artists draw it. Compared to how skintight her costume is anyways at least.
    They just show she's not wearing underwear under her costume which plays into kink/sexualization. I think it's unnecessary and could live without it.