Page 724 of 775 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734774 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 11623

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    holy shit, having Denzel as Kang would bring me back to the theaters 100%
    Exactly how I felt when I read it. If they did have to recast the role, this is the way to go. Absolutely.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Denzel would not be a good choice for Kang, imo. He doesn't transform nearly enough to portray all the different personalities Kang needs to have. Just not his wheelhouse.

He'd make a superb Blue Marvel, however.

He would only need one personality. That of the Kang Prime variant. An older, even more dangerous version of the Kang we saw in Ant-man III. He’s not replacing all the other variants. Just the main big bad one. At least that’s how I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He would only need one personality. That of the Kang Prime variant. An older, even more dangerous version of the Kang we saw in Ant-man III. He’s not replacing all the other variants. Just the main big bad one. At least that’s how I saw it.
    Then that would kinda defeat the purpose of Kang as we've seen him this far. And would still leave them with the issue of recasting or keeping Majors.

Yeah, honestly as much as Majors does a great job of embodying different versions of himself, I have not been convinced of the necessity of a bunch of Kang's as villains over a main version of Kang.

Especially since most of them will probably be just as effective as Thanos' forces in IW/Endgame.

Like they talked a big game about the dangers of the Kang's in Loki...but the actual Council of Kang's came off kind of ridiculous.

Pretty funny commentary on The Marvels fiasco…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzzA_fkOoKg/

… apologies in advance if you’re thin-skinned.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Denzel would not be a good choice for Kang, imo. He doesn't transform nearly enough to portray all the different personalities Kang needs to have. Just not his wheelhouse.

having Training Day Denzel waxing poetic and handing the Avengers their ass would beg to differ

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

A question for everyone, How do you currently feel about the MCU overall?

I know a lot of news outlets are doom and gloom. I'd say personally I could do without most the Disney Plus shows, that I'm ready to move away from the Avengers and into Fantastic Four and X-Men.

Excited for Deadpool 3. That’s about it, so taking it one film at a time at this point. If DP3 leaves me wanting more, then I’m sure my excitement will return for the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

If they make it a sequel to The Marvels with Ms. Marvel as the lead? Yeah, likely. But I think The Marvels' performance in the box office has probably taught them a lesson about how they should promote the Young Avengers (or whatever name they wanna use), if they want to make it a movie. They just need to be smart and tie the franchise more closely to the flagship Avengers franchise. Endgame did wonders for the success of the first Captain Marvel movie, after all. They need to bring back the feeling that you need to see those new heroes if you want the full Avengers experience.
    I think a much better move would be to make an Avengers Academy show that features some of the older heroes as mentors. Then end it with the young heroes becoming full-fledged Avengers.

Agree with this. Unless they make it a smaller budget film.
    A movie like that is definitely going to be costly.

Some scooper also said that an Eternals sequel is in development. I don't believe that since it would be an even bigger flop than The Marvels. If it's true than Kevin Feige is out of his mind and Disney should fire him for even thinking about it after The Marvel bombed. LMAO

An Eternals sequel would be suicide right now for Feige and the MCU. Ha. No chance that’s real.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post

I know a lot of news outlets are doom and gloom. I'd say personally I could do without most the Disney Plus shows, that I'm ready to move away from the Avengers and into Fantastic Four and X-Men.
    Too much quantity not as much quality even if conceptually I was behind some of what they were doing but the execution and ultimate direction has just left me soured and unenthused.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post

Mixed feelings. It's certainly in a bit of a slump, but nothing unfixable. I like the multiverse stuff so far and Kang is an interesting villain. Whatever anyone may think of Ant-Man 3, Kang was great and I hope we see more of him, even if he's recast.

I've liked a number of the post-endgame movies like No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness and Wakanda Forever. I'm excited to see more of Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man (he was always my favorite of the three) and maybe Marsden's Cyclops in Secret Wars. I'm excited for Armor Wars because I love Rhodey, but I'm worried about what they're doing with him after Secret Invasion.

I do think they need to tighten up and streamline things. It feels like a million random characters being introduced and vanishing randomly with no real core group of heroes at the moment. They need to really have a more focused universe with more quality control and some central characters that the larger narrative is centered around.

So, yeah, I'm excited for the potential, but worried about where they and the audience are at right now. I hope they bounce back, both in popularity and quality.

I grew up with these characters in the pages of comics, as I imagine most of us here did. They feel very near to my heart and I want them to do well in whatever medium they're in. So while my enthusiasm is a little low at the moment, I have my hopes they'll bounce back.

Ultimate Member

An Eternals sequel would be suicide right now for Feige and the MCU. Ha. No chance that’s real.
    The only way I see an Eternals movie (which was beautifully shot, but kind of fell apart with the whole use of the CGI two-dimensional-monster Deviants, making it a pretty, but bad, movie, IMO, great direction/filming, good acting, bad writing) is if it explicitly ties into the mutant debut in a big way, like the petrification of the Celestial unlocked the wave of creative power that led to human mutation appearing/manifesting all over the world (with a select few rare mutants existing *before* the Celestial died, but those few dozen-ish being joined by an exponential leap in 'new mutants' after the Celestial died).

Tying the Celestials to the existence of mutants, as they are in the comics, seems the only way to make them even remotely seem relevant to the MCU. (And, since it sure doesn't help the Eternals a bit in the comics, it would be more relevant to the MCU-specific fans who aren't necessarily comic-book fans, not the comics fans who also watch Marvel movies!)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post

For blue marvel i would rather have somone else and younger as well.
    Someone in their late 20's to 40's.
    There was talk about shamier anderson plaing blue marvel in the marvels but he played a alien with a different beard.
    I did not even recognize him that much.
    He could still be recast for blue marvel down the road(or get another actor) since there was talk recently to bring in blue marvel,storm and bishop in the mcu.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-25-2023 at 04:42 PM.