Page 553 of 775 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 11611

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... how is a one hour mini movie a slow burn vs 6 tv episodes?
    Blockbuster movies, movies for theaters. to tell the whole Thanos story took how long? 10 years? Hell, I didn't get a good Spider-man movie on the big screen until I was in my 30's and I am still waiting on a good Justice League movie and I am 51 now! Throw as much content at me as possible not a movie every couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ok Daredevil fans, we have a clip of him and She-Hulk facing off!

'She-Hulk' Sneak Peek: Watch Daredevil and She-Hulk Fight It Out! (Exclusive)
    spoilers:
    Kinda weird that this iteration of Jenn would destroy the top level of a parking garage with all the cars and maybe people, underneath...
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    spoilers:
    Kinda weird that this iteration of Jenn would destroy the top level of a parking garage with all the cars and maybe people, underneath...
    end of spoilers
    She left a note! What more do you want?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is this the first time spoilers:
    Jen and Matt have ever gotten together in any media? Given their 'anything with a pulse' attitudes in the comics and their professional connection its a wonder if it didnt happen before
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In House of M, a newspaper article, the Daily Bugle I think, implied they did it.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Werewolf By Night was cool, but I can't help but feel like the Marvel Studios Special format is not for me. I was left with such a sense of needing to know more about those characters. I think this one-shot type of live-action is good for the straight-to-the-point action scenes and all, but there's not a lot of time for character development, 'cause you have to condense as much as possible in what is essentially a mini-movie. I think it works if it's a setup for something you know it's coming soon, but as it stands, there is so little information about a future for the main players there that I just feel like we deserved to know more about them now. So yeah, I really hope they keep the Special format to a minimum and stick to movies and shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, if you're gonna make content for different audiences, but still have the more mainstream, typical stuff we're used to, you kind of *need* to increase quantity. Two or three films a year just isn't enough to branch out, and if one experiment fails that's a whole third of your revenue stream. And Marvel can't really stop making the mainstream, typical MCU stuff because that demographic is the backbone of the audience. So it's either more content with a wider variety of sub/genres or no experimentation at all.

I get not wanting to fall behind, but there's no actual harm in that. Let a show sit in your que for a while until you have time for it, this isn't a race yknow? This stuff isn't going anywhere as long as your D+ subscription is active. And I mean, these shows only run for six-eight episodes a season with a run time between 30-45 minutes. 6-9 weeks go by between shows. Only one film hits each quarter, somewhere between 2 and 3 hours each. To binge everything you'd basically just have to set aside, like, twelve hours every four months or so. Plenty of time to keep up. If that's more time than you have to spend, then you're too busy man.

Maybe? Maybe they decided it needed a budget beyond what the shows can handle? Who knows. As long as the story is good I don't care that much....but I *was* looking forward to Rhodes getting a full show. I've really appreciated the B-listers getting that much development and screen time. But hey, as long as it's fun I'm down.

I remember that show. Never watched it, but I remember commercials for it.

I was afraid people would feel that way after Endgame. But given the overall performance of the MCU I don't think the numbers actually support the opinion. Seems like, once you discount China, Russia, and other nations not carrying the films, the pandemic, and review bombing, phase 4 has been doing fine. Everybody worries about the superhero bubble bursting, but the internet is full of people claiming that the sky is falling. Those same people have been saying the MCU was in decline since Incredible Hulk.
    If you remember Picket Fences, then you're a hell of a lot older than I thought you were. My problem with the comic book "pick and choose" approach is that it increases the chances that audiences will "pick and choose" to leave the franchise entirely. I think the "all or nothing" approach for lots of fans is a thing. The MCU was practically BUILT on its interconnectivity, and if the franchises within it feel separate, I think a good portion of the fans will stop watching. And having so many storylines, timelines, characters and shows makes it harder for Marvel Studios execs to keep things streamlined and focused (which the first three Phases were). I don't wanna **** on people enjoying Phase Four and I don't think it's right to discourage folks from liking it, but I think the mood amongst the fanbase is souring. And I don't really feel Disney is getting too "woke" either. I mean it's not like America Chavez is advocating for "open borders" or Sam is encouraging television viewers to support the "Defund the police" movement. I just think Marvel Studios is asking too much of its fans right now.

Take L&T for example. My initially positive reception to this movie has slowly diminished after learning more about Jane Foster's storyline from the comic books. In the source material, Foster has cancer and every time she uses the power of Thor's hammer, she loses all the chemo in her body. One of the powers of Thor's hammer is that it removes all the toxins from the body, which includes chemo. But the movie didn't really establish this well...Like at all. In fact, Thor enchanted his hammer so that it would "protect" Jane. So Thor's hammer is protecting AND killing Foster at the same time, which made NO sense to me. L&T should have absolutely went into more detail about what was going on there. The film would have had so MUCH more emotional power if it did. The creators of Thor 4 CHOSE to focus more of its attention on the Guardians, the Greek Gods, and cameos instead of what could have made it really great. There's just way too much going on in the MCU movies and shows these days, and I'm extremely pessimistic about its future prospects.

I think it might be better if the Disney Plus shows were like two-hour movies released exclusively on that streaming platform. I am in favor of giving D-list characters and D-list actors/actresses a chance to shine because they might not be able "carry" movies in the cinemas. I think more screen time would help develop them, but the Marvel Disney Plus stuff hasn't really done that in my opinion. For example, I had some huge problems with the Hawkeye series. One of the episodes had Kate and Yelena talking about **** that I don't even remember. But the conversation went on for SO long. And then the finale was crammed with so much stuff about the Tracksuit Mafia, Kate's mom, Kazi, Echo, Kingpin, and the Swordsman. How is that developing Clint's character? I'm just frustrated with how Marvel Studios is handling its business these days. My initially favorable opinion about Shang-Chi has dropped a bit too. The last third of that movie was pretty boring to me. It felt like Shang-Chi was floating in that lake for FIVE HOURS.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-07-2022 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Overload of what? I like the TV shows and would like more to showcase new heroes and such and then use those to drive D+ Movies and use the the D+ movies to drive the Blockbusters.
    Make a TV show like Marvel COmics presents that introduces her heroes and villains etc and push them into other shows and movie and blockbusters.

The only reason I can see them doing specials is to save money.
    I am old, I ain't got time to waste on a slow burn.
    There is this expectation that everything connects so audiences might watch something that they might otherwise skip. Hardcore might watch everything but casuals don't. If more and more casuals drop out of watching shows/movies due to fatigue/burn out, the MCU is in trouble. The Netflix shows faced this problem as well, there were massive drops offs between seasons and Defenders didn't do as well as individual shows. I think the Punisher had the least number of audience drop offs per season.

3 movies, 3 shows and a special or two centered around a holiday per year should be enough imo.

Only Loki, She Hulk and DD have what it takes to be a multi season show, imo. Everything else could just be short mini series, imo.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But the movie didn't really establish this well...Like at all. In fact, Thor enchanted his hammer so that it would "protect" Jane. So Thor's hammer is protecting AND killing Foster at the same time, which made NO sense to me. L&T should have absolutely went into more detail about what was going on there.
    in IW, Thor said mortals can't use the weapons made by those dwarves.

Mjolnir was made there.

I just assumed mjolnir was trying to protect Jane the best it knew how but Jane simply can't wield a god weapon for that long.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Werewolf By Night was cool, but I can't help but feel like the Marvel Studios Special format is not for me. I was left with such a sense of needing to know more about those characters. I think this one-shot type of live-action is good for the straight-to-the-point action scenes and all, but there's not a lot of time for character development, 'cause you have to condense as much as possible in what is essentially a mini-movie. I think it works if it's a setup for something you know it's coming soon, but as it stands, there is so little information about a future for the main players there that I just feel like we deserved to know more about them now. So yeah, I really hope they keep the Special format to a minimum and stick to movies and shows.
    I enjoyed the show for what it was, but I do agree that it only served to make me want to see more of the characters (Especially Elsa even though they got her hair so completely WRONG! Elsa is a ginger!!) I do wish we could get at least a small series featuring the characters. Also, I think the show title would have been better served as Creatures on the Loose rather than WbN...it didn't really focus that much on Jack as the werewolf so much as on Ted, Jack, the Hunters, Elsa and then the Werewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There is this expectation that everything connects so audiences might watch something that they might otherwise skip. Hardcore might watch everything but casuals don't. If more and more casuals drop out of watching shows/movies due to fatigue/burn out, the MCU is in trouble. The Netflix shows faced this problem as well, there were massive drops offs between seasons and Defenders didn't do as well as individual shows. I think the Punisher had the least number of audience drop offs per season.

3 movies, 3 shows and a special or two centered around a holiday per year should be enough imo.

Only Loki, She Hulk and DD have what it takes to be a multi season show, imo. Everything else could just be short mini series, imo.
    I would say Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel too, if only because they have a lot of ongoing comic material that their shows only briefly touched on.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    in IW, Thor said mortals can't use the weapons made by those dwarves.

Mjolnir was made there.

I just assumed mjolnir was trying to protect Jane the best it knew how but Jane simply can't wield a god weapon for that long.
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. But I think the movie should have went into this a little bit more. Mjolnir seemed more concerned about Thor's affection for the Stormbreaker than anything related to Jane. I think Thor 4 would have performed better if they went into the Mjolnir/Jane dynamic more. I just felt Jane's cancer storyline was handled very poorly in L&T, and it should have been more emotional than it actually was. I mean, I like humor. But jokes about the stages of cancer? That was even too much for me. I'm happy that they concluded Foster's story in the MCU though.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I enjoyed the show for what it was, but I do agree that it only served to make me want to see more of the characters (Especially Elsa even though they got her hair so completely WRONG! Elsa is a ginger!!) I do wish we could get at least a small series featuring the characters. Also, I think the show title would have been better served as Creatures on the Loose rather than WbN...it didn't really focus that much on Jack as the werewolf so much as on Ted, Jack, the Hunters, Elsa and then the Werewolf.
    Funny consider Elsa was originally blonde and American like Buffy.

Ultimate Member

I absolutely loved Werewolf by Night.

I wish it was a little longer, it should have been a full-length movie. It's odd that some critics say that Man-Thing had a funny name, Ted Sallis is his real name.

I take it this is Marvel's first R-rated production, the black and white color masked it a bit but it was very bloody. Seeing Man-Thing burn people up was awesome.

Again, the only problem I had with the feature was it should have been longer.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I absolutely loved Werewolf by Night.

I wish it was a little longer, it should have been a full-length movie. It's odd that some critics say that Man-Thing had a funny name, Ted Sallis is his real name.

I take it this is Marvel's first R-rated production, the black and white color masked it a bit but it was very bloody. Seeing Man-Thing burn people up was awesome.

Again, the only problem I had with the feature was it should have been longer.
    Yeah, Werewolf by Night was so much fun. Finally, something from the MCU this year that I truly enjoyed. I loved the blood and the spooky atmosphere, and Ted was a cutie when not burning others. I loved Jack and Ted's friendship. Elsa was badass and beautiful.

A true gemstone of the MCU. More please.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 10-07-2022 at 12:06 PM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I loved Werewolf by Night!! What a great show. Instant Halloween classic.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?