Page 449 of 773 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Don't know how true it actually is but apparently they planned to have him confront Wanda at the beginning in his quest to cull magic users which obviously wouldn't have ended well for him. But they choose to not kill him off this way so I guess they might still have plans for him
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's a big jump from "Wanda is selfish" to "Wanda is a potential supervillain." Particularly when it comes to her family, since her kids were portrayed in the show as real flesh-and-blood creatures (another thing the movie got wrong) and yet when she realized they could only survive by torturing others, she wiped them from existence.

There is a way to get her to the point where she would commit mass murder to be a mother, but they didn't get there. They simply abandoned her established characterization offscreen, and then brought it back at the end for no reason.

And since the show didn't portray the Darkhold as a corrupting force (Agatha had used it for centuries and yet she did more good than harm to Wanda and Westview), and only told Wanda that it contained a chapter on her true nature, in the context of the show she was leaving to study her powers and learn to control them, something that seemed like a good idea since her powers were unconsciously strangling the people around her.

Again, even if WandaVision had set up her heel turn, it would be lazy writing to have her turn evil offscreen. The fact that everything in the movie contradicts WandaVision -- even the portrayal of what the Darkhold does to people, and her motivation for wanting her kids back in the tag scene -- just makes it deserve some kind of Oscar for lazy writing.
    I'm very sceptical of a movie that relies so much on shock value (even if it leans into horror).

And all that setup for Mordo in the first film and they do him like that...would've been an even bigger waste of Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm very sceptical of a movie that relies so much on shock value (even if it leans into horror).

And all that setup for Mordo in the first film and they do him like that...would've been an even bigger waste of Chiwetel Ejiofor.
    The problem with Mordo is that honestly he is just not that big of a big threat. He is zealous but that's pretty much it. Which makes him more of a nuisance. He can continue picking on weaker no-name magic users but the thought of him being a match against the cream of the crop is ridiculous. Pre-WV Wanda already soloed Thanos so what's Mordo gonna do there?
    Strange isn't a novice either anymore and has spent years training his craft.

To see more of Mordo they will actually have to find a way to make into a believable threat at this point in time.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The person who leaked the plot last summer said that the original plan was to market this as a followup to the first movie with Mordo as the villain, to make it a big shock when he's killed in the very first scene.

When Raimi and writer Michael Waldron rewrote the script during the 2020 COVID lockdown, they basically decided it was going to be a movie full of shocks, so Mordo fits in with things that made it into the film, like Wanda already being evil when it starts (originally she was going to team up with Strange and then get corrupted over the course of the film), and the Illuminati showing up just to get instantly killed.

I'm not even sure that was the wrong approach, if that was what interested Raimi about the chance to make the movie, but it does mean it sort of runs on very sudden twists, right up to how suddenly America learns to control her powers and Wanda comes to her senses.
    I seriously doubt the validity of this. According Cargill, him and Scott Derrickson didn't even write up a script draft of the movie:

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...tt-derrickson/

Of course it's highly likely that Mordo getting killed at the beginning is a deleted scene, but anything larger than that plot-wise probably wasn't in the cards.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 05-16-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The problem with Mordo is that honestly he is just not that big of a big threat. He is zealous but that's pretty much it. Which makes him more of a nuisance. He can continue picking on weaker no-name magic users but the thought of him being a match against the cream of the crop is ridiculous. Pre-WV Wanda already soloed Thanos so what's Mordo gonna do there?
    Strange isn't a novice either anymore and has spent years training his craft.

To see more of Mordo they will actually have to find a way to make into a believable threat at this point in time.
    Mordo as a mage can always just get himself a stronger patreon deity/demon to get stronger.
    Or his power snowballs after abosorbing others' magic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'm sure some fanboys wanted Wanda to live happy and have her sons and not be the antagonist of some Disney+ Star movie. I'm sure people would've wanted WandaVision to be the conclusion of Wanda dabbling in witchcraft and her to live in peace having family moments with her family.

I think the majority of mainstream movies and comics are trash, but out of the MCU movies, this wasn't the worst it could have been and it had good moments because the director didn't see it as a checklist for Twitter and social media trolls and put his own style into it. Which was needed. The Scarlet Witch was a highlight of the movie.

I don't take these movies that seriously because I know they're used to sell the streaming service and merchandise.

I'm sure Disney is setting up the merchandise for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Bash with the Scarlet Witch in cartoon form next to Maleficent and the Sanderson Sisters. Speaking of which, they need to put her in a cartoon.

I understand why people would be upset about people liking Multiverse of Madness though. It's cool. These forums are definitely made to air grievances. No one is stopping you. I'm just saying it's toxic. To each their own.
    I want Wanda to replace Chthon, sit in his throne and slumber in eternal darkness and chaos lol.
    You are just seriously misunderstanding what her fans want, no one is asking for fluffy happy ending with flowers and sunshine.
    What do you think we are? "Fix-it" fanfic writers from AO3?
    We ask her to be written in character and have a natural progression instead of a one-dimensional slasher villain screaming borderline offensively hilarious lines.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-16-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Again. Ask the citizens of Westview or the authorities about it. They will surely tell you something quite different. A hostage taker who lets go of his hostages in the end isn't suddenly absolved from everything as soon as he does. Even if it started with no ill-will or intent she never bothered to put it right by all parties involved and instead choose to run and read a magic book in an attempt to understand and improve her own power more. Many people would label that as quite selfish.

It was awesome and certainly well deserved but Im also under no illusion that that would be the action of a hero.
    Yeah, but catching a flu is not the sign of getting cancer later you know???
    Because Wanda immediately develops cancer after she recovers from a flu, that is her transition from WV to MoM.

Extraordinary Member

It was the most interesting thing the MCU has done. I would just log off and not worry about it anymore. They aren't going to change her. It's just going to keep being annoying for someone who doesn't like where she's going. I checked out for a while and it was for the best. The most you'll be doing is sharing some fan art and alternate covers to remind yourself of who she was in the 90's. When they do change her, you could always buy her stuff again.

For everyone else though, I think they'll bring her back in some way, at least in Disney media. I don't think comic writers know how do deal with any repercussions of writing her wrong, so they just ignore her and use her as a plot device. Doing too much with her character in comics is risky.

As a standalone thing for the general audience, she is probably going to be iconic unless they read online articles telling them what they should really think.
    I wish every one of your favs get the "interesting" treatment.
    And what? Stop complaining and eat ****, or are you implying we are meant to eat **** anyway, best advice ever I guess?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-16-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

You can choose not to watch anything too, but yet here we are. Well you can read this.

I think Raimi interpreted a character that was the incarnation of the book of the damned well. The mythology and chemistry for Disney's Scarlet Witch isn't the same as the old comics version, but it worked for what the movie was, a movie about a powerful witch and a sorcerer who's almost going to give in to the same power that she fell into.

I think some people wanted the variant of Wanda from the universe where they just eat cereal and watch cartoons which I don't get.

It's already past half a billion dollars at the box office and had the same dropoff as Spider-Man, and considering the fact that Spider-Man is the best selling superhero in history, he sells more than Batman and Superman, it's not that bad.
    Lol, so you are telling fans who invest emotion and time in a franchise to just piss off? Like, just don't watch GoT Season 8 and stop complaining about that show/character you loved getting butchered in an instant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    This. It amazes me that so many users can be so blatantly hypocritical, but it happens so often.
    Don't you know "it's bad writing" cards are only released in limited numbers? Not all of us can pull that card apparently.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Phase 4 Is DIRECTIONLESS?! I Beg To Differ...

The Reel Rejects
    With Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness out, many feel like the future of the MCU led by Kevin Feige lacks direction with inner connectivity with Wandavision, Loki, Spider-Man No Way Home, Eternals, Shang-Chi, & the rest of Marvel Phase 4. We discuss Avengers 5 Secret Wars, Kang The Conqueror, Fantastic Four Doctor Doom, Secret Invasion, Captain Marvel, & More.
    Check out comments below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNblkcbQokM

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I want Wanda to replace Chthon, sit in his throne and slumber in eternal darkness and chaos lol.
    You are just seriously misunderstanding what her fans want, no one is asking for fluffy happy ending with flowers and sunshine.
    What do you think we are? "Fix-it" fanfic writers from AO3?
    We ask her to be written in character and have a natural progression instead of a one-dimensional slasher villain screaming borderline offensively hilarious lines.
    I don't consider you a spokesperson for every Wanda fan, so I don't know why you're using "we" like you speak for everyone. She has fans that liked the movie.

I never said to piss off. I said to ignore what they do with her. Yes, after investing time etc. it's okay to just check out. Why give them your energy if you hate who she is and where she is going? I never said you were complaining. If you feel like you're complaining that's you.

Ignoring Marvel and Disney because you feel like they damaged your favorite character isn't the same as telling someone to piss off for no reason.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 05-17-2022 at 04:48 AM.

Mordo as a mage can always just get himself a stronger patreon deity/demon to get stronger.
    Or his power snowballs after abosorbing others' magic.
    Which would turn him into a big hypocrite considering his entire thing was about not breaking the rules and that the price always comes due.

Him going for a power up through a higher deity would also be awfully close to Kaecilius. The way Strange handeld him being the reason for Mordo snapping in the first place.

Obviously not impossible for someone who is this blinded by his own zealousness but his original premise would fly out of the widow and he would become another power drunk mage.

Lol, so you are telling fans who invest emotion and time in a franchise to just piss off? Like, just don't watch GoT Season 8 and stop complaining about that show/character you loved getting butchered in an instant.
    You forgot money! Them movie tickets and Disney+ subscription aint cheap!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You forgot money! Them movie tickets and Disney+ subscription aint cheap!
    The more reason to stop. Giving them money and increasing their SEO with the mentions does just that. Why is it bad to stop supporting a company that is doing things you don't agree with, or to suggest it? You can come back once they start treating her the way you think she should be treated.

that the price always comes due.
    He could be willing to pay the price that comes to accomplish his goal.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html