Page 462 of 774 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 11606
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://thesrpreport.wordpress.com/2...ent-exclusive/

Never heard of The SRP Report before, but they're saying there's a Starfox project in development.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've always had the impression he felt a little out of place on the Eternals movie, tbh. That being stunt casting to promote another project where they could put Harry's face front and center makes a lot of sense.

Extraordinary Member

Deleted reply.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-26-2022 at 06:18 AM.

He didn't need to, because it had been already established by that point that writers used his looks to crack asian jokes. It's called reading between the lines.
    You can't post a picture saying this is proof of something that it doesn't actually say and then require additional proof to back it up.

If you have examples of his looks being compared to Asians, then you post those. You don't post something completely different. Clint Eastwood has been described as squinty. Nobody uses that as proof that he looks Asian.

Anyway, the point of the whole panel is that he can pass for an asian man. The white woman immediately mistakes him for ''a jap'', and he specifically mentions his eyes being ''slanted'' as the reason why she got confused, calling it a ''mistake of nature''. How the **** else are you supposed to interpret this scene?
    With the same logic that in a cartoon somebody can put on a wig and pass for a completely different person. He wasn't saying "I can pass myself off as Japanese." He was saying "If I make a really stupid Japanese looking face and dress up as a Japanese soldier, then people will think I'm Japanese."

And it doesn't say that the eyes are the reasons she think's he's Japanese. It even specifically mentions that they're in the dark, so she probabaly can't get a good look at him anyway. It's just a last minute insult at the end.

If you can show me any ACTUAL references to him looking Japanese (preferably when he's not actually disguised as Japanese person and in the dark), I'd be happy to see them, because I don't think I've ever seen a comic where people thought Namor was really Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If you have examples of his looks being compared to Asians, then you post those.
    I did. You're just choosing to be pedantic about it because you didn't like the example and wants to start an unnecessary argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I did. You're just choosing to be pedantic about it because you didn't like the example and wants to start an unnecessary argument.
    Yes. I don't like your examples, because they're incredibly weak and do nothing to actually support your point.

As for this being an unnecessary argument, You brought it up. If you didn't want other people's thoughts, you shouldn't have posted anything. Do you think people should only be allowed to post if they agree with your assessments?

Mighty Member

Funny thing is, if you look at the art, his eyes aren't drawn any squintier than the blondes are.

That's just you being racist.

Yellowjacket just calls him squinty. He doesn't say anything about him looking Asian.
    It makes me wonder what he thinks of Leonard Nimoy who played Spock.
    He was a first generation American son of Ashkenazi Jews from Ukraine.

When I first saw Namor for the first time , he reminded me of Spock.
    That was in Spider-Man and the Amazing Friends cartoon which I watched as a kid back in the early 1980s. It was one of my favorite cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-4MvTc7z4I

I also watched the Sub-Mariner cartoon after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7W...81BE18F8316D72

definitely some differences with his mother, Fen in her history, appearance, attitude, and her length of life and possibly her parentage

the father looked different too

in the Sub-Mariner cartoon's first episode, Namor meets his paternal grandmother.
    There is a bit of a resemblance between the two in regards to their eyes.

I think Namor should have a lot more respect for being one of the first Marvel comics characters.
    Last edited by Starrius; 05-26-2022 at 08:48 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Funny thing is, if you look at the art, his eyes aren't drawn any squintier than the blondes are.

That's just you being racist.

Yellowjacket just calls him squinty. He doesn't say anything about him looking Asian.

I also think there is a narrow view of Asians as well as Europeans for that matter.
    There is a lot of diversity in both Asia and Europe, but it is not as much as in Africa.
    There are great variations of phenotypes among Asians, Europeans, and Africans.

That's why I pointed out that Asia has 50 countries. In China alone, there are around 50 ethnic groups.
    Many of the Middle Eastern countries are in Asia. The Caucasus is in Asia. The word, Caucasian that's been misused as another term for white stems from Caucasus which is a region in West Asia.

I know what people mean when they use the word 'Asian', they actually mean East Asian or the term that is now considered outdated, 'Oriental' which actually means Eastern. The opposite is Occidental which means Western.

There is a history of people of all European ancestry playing East Asian characters

some examples:
    I watched their movies as a kid, and I am 50 years old now.

Warner Oland (born Johan Verner Ölund) was a Swedish-American actor that played Charlie Chan.

Peter Lorre (born László Löwenstein) was an Austrian-Hungarian and American actor who played Mr. Moto.
    Last edited by Starrius; 05-26-2022 at 08:34 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just one opinion...Dreykov seems to be about not drawing attention to himself or his operations. Alexei wanted to be front and center on the world stage as this great patriotic hero and that could have posed a threat to Dreykov's operations. However as you said RG is an asset...and instead of just killing him RG was put somewhere secure until Dreykov may have needed him.
    I guess if Alexei was seen with loose lips and that someone would look too deeply into the Black Widow program but the movie couldn't seem to commit to how competent Alexei was.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Third act of BW was one of the most painful third acts in the MCU. Maybe the worst. I can't think of one worse off the top of my head.

When the ship started to explode, the movie got dumb (and horrendous green screen) really really really really really quick.

There were no satisfying fights between Tasky and anyone, the editing of the fights was horrible, the cgi was horrible, natasha flying around like superman with debris everywhere was just... jesus lol

Movie had its moments where it really really really worked but when it didnt... yeeeesh
    What gets me is all the moments of Taskmaster copying peoples' abilities and doing anything cool was in all the trailers/promotional material, so there was like...nothing else.

Basically if you were expecting more from Taskmaster you would be severely disappointed.
    https://thesrpreport.wordpress.com/2...ent-exclusive/

Never heard of The SRP Report before, but they're saying there's a Starfox project in development.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've always had the impression he felt a little out of place on the Eternals movie, tbh. That being stunt casting to promote another project where they could put Harry's face front and center makes a lot of sense.
    This makes me wonder if it's going to take the place of Eternals 2 or show Eros' life up until he meets the Eternals.

I guess we might finally see him interact with his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wonder if it's going to take the place of Eternals 2 or show Eros' life up until he meets the Eternals.

I guess we might finally see him interact with his brother.
    You know, now that you mention... I don't think we've heard anything about an Eternals sequel, right? which is a little weird considering how quickly a Shang-Chi sequel was reported just last year, like 2 months after the movie came out. It's been half a year since Eternals. It makes me wonder if Marvel took the critical panning of the movie to heart and it's thinking carefully about how to continue the story. Whatever they do, though, I don't think that scrapping the sequel entirely would be a good idea. They made the movie and its stakes on the MCU too high to just act like it was not a big deal now. Anything but another project focused on the main cast Eternals would feel off, IMO. Maybe they'll put them on a crossover with the Avengers or whatever, but they need to follow that up properly.

As for Eros, I think an origin story show would make more sense. I don't think an ensemble movie would have too much time to go on detail about his life on Titan, relationship with Thanos, etc. A Starfox show would be perfect not only for him, but to also answer some questions about Thanos that the audiences might've had before.

There was going to be an eternals tie-in in Moon Knight, but the director rejected it. You know the studio would have forced him to include it had the Eternals been a success. They’ve definitely gone back to the drawing board to see if they can salvage any of those characters or concepts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if Alexei was seen with loose lips and that someone would look too deeply into the Black Widow program but the movie couldn't seem to commit to how competent Alexei was.
    That was one of my 2 real issues. Alexei should have been portrayed as being as good as Cap. He should have been in shape and after the prison escape have him shave and cut his hair and actually fit in his uniform.

You know, now that you mention... I don't think we've heard anything about an Eternals sequel, right? which is a little weird considering how quickly a Shang-Chi sequel was reported just last year, like 2 months after the movie came out. It's been half a year since Eternals. It makes me wonder if Marvel took the critical panning of the movie to heart and it's thinking carefully about how to continue the story. Whatever they do, though, I don't think that scrapping the sequel entirely would be a good idea. They made the movie and its stakes on the MCU too high to just act like it was not a big deal now. Anything but another project focused on the main cast Eternals would feel off, IMO. Maybe they'll put them on a crossover with the Avengers or whatever, but they need to follow that up properly.

As for Eros, I think an origin story show would make more sense. I don't think an ensemble movie would have too much time to go on detail about his life on Titan, relationship with Thanos, etc. A Starfox show would be perfect not only for him, but to also answer some questions about Thanos that the audiences might've had before.
    At this point they should just split them up and have them show up in other MCU projects. Have Sersi join the Avengers or show up again with Black Knight, Phastos could show up in Armor Wars or Ironheart, have some of the others show up in future space/ cosmic projects.

It’d be very weird if they never showed up again and most of those actors are too talented to waste IMO.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Here's Namor being called ''squinty'' because of his asian-like eyes, for example:

Maybe you don't see it, but lots of people have. There is a reason why asian fancastings for him were so popular. In fact, the asian reading of Namor is so strong even among creators that Greg Pak actually created an AU version of Namor called Namor Miyamoto for his X-Treme X-Men comic.
    I can see your rationale it definitely reads Asian stereotype similar to WWII propaganda especially with the buckteeth, and especially when Namor constantly tries to steal Sue Storm (the quintessential white woman in Marvel comics) from Reed

Lingering plot points after Eternals:

1. The Trial of Earth/The Eternals who put Tiamut to sleep.

2. What to do about the other Eternals and the Deviants.

3. How to stop (or if they even should stop) the Celestials from harvesting planets to make more Celestials.

4. What Dane planned to do with the Ebony Blade (he wants to save Sersi but how is he going to get into space?) and what Blade wants with him.

5. What Eros and the other Eternals are going to get up to.

Extraordinary Member

She-Hulk CGI Upgraded On Disney+ Trailer