Page 309 of 773 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Uh, telepathy can have limits. Writers just don't write them out. It doesn't have to solve everything.

And I don't see why Wanda can't have it. Not many Avengers seem to have psychic powers so this adds some variety
    Wanda might not be an Avenger anymore. Depending on what they do with Avengers. And that might not be until next phase. They seem to be pushing Wanda to the supernatural where she belongs.

And nothing says that any telepathy quota needs to be met.

I think next phase will at least be Young Avengers. Rumors have been about Wanda joining Midnight Sons.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-15-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Cant remember most of all the past movies but Xavier was somehow neutralised in the first two films, he died in the third film and in DOFP he refused to shut down mystique telepathically because he wanted her to make the choice for herself not to kill trask. cant remember the other films and xavier's role, so that is it a nut shell, I do remember first class getting criticism because some said, xavier could have just put the bortherhood all to sleep even if you can excuse that because he was more focused on trying to control magneto and shaw, bit this issue did come up of the highs and lows of telepathy and this is why it is the job of writers to be smart when they write around it

X1 he refused to kill Mags with Sabertooth (and didn't know about the helmet) and then was neutralized my mystique poisoning cerebro

X2 he was taken out by stryker

X3 he was killed off

FC he was first neutralized by Frost, then plot induced stupidtity after she was taken out

DOFP he was powerless most of the movie

I can't remember what happened in Apoc... I think Apoc kicked his ass or something. Can't remember Dark Phoenix at all lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Uh, telepathy can have limits. Writers just don't write them out. It doesn't have to solve everything.

And I don't see why Wanda can't have it. Not many Avengers seem to have psychic powers so this adds some variety
    Well, it's never been one of her established powers and they pretended it didn't exist for most of the movies.

I guess Moondragon probably won't be joining the Avengers any time soon.

I'd like Moondragon to appear and Phyla-Vell. I know people are worried about how Gunn will handle those characters but the MCU gives characters more popularity at the very least. They end up with merchandise and in more games.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda might not be an Avenger anymore. Depending on what they do with Avengers. And that might not be until next phase. They seem to be pushing Wanda to the supernatural where she belongs.

And nothing says that any telepathy quota needs to be met.

I think next phase will at least be Young Avengers. Rumors have been about Wanda joining Midnight Sons.
    When did I mention a quota? I just said it's nice for her to have extra powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's never been one of her established powers and they pretended it didn't exist for most of the movies.

I guess Moondragon probably won't be joining the Avengers any time soon.
    I know it's not one of her established powers but why ignore it in the MCU?

And why wouldn't Moondragon show up?

When did I mention a quota? I just said it's nice for her to have extra powers.

I'm saying Avengers don't have to have a telepath. And her powers don't even really work like that. They just give people bad day dreams and memories. It works more like Dani Moonstar's power than Jean's, Emma's, etc.

Why not ignore it? I guess I just don't see the need for her to have it.
    Gunn's changed Drax's background and killed off his daughter, and who knows if he could fit Moondragon into things (let alone Phyla).

Ultimate Member

I'm saying Avengers don't have to have a telepath. And her powers don't even really work like that. They just give people bad day dreams and memories. It works more like Dani Moonstar's power than Jean's, Emma's, etc.
    I'm not saying it has to. But it does provide more superpower variety. The main four guys have rather generic powers outside of Iron Man's nanosuit. Add BW and Hawkeye and it's super bland. So I tend to like seeing more variety

But you're only saying 'ignore it' because you don't like it. I don't really agree

Gunn's changed Drax's background and killed off his daughter, and who knows if he could fit Moondragon into things (let alone Phyla).
    That's what Drax believes. It may not necessarily be true
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 10-15-2021 at 02:19 PM.

I'm not saying it has to. But it does provide more superpower variety. The main four guys have rather generic powers outside of Iron Man's nanosuit. Add BW and Hawkeye and it's super bland. So I tend to like seeing more variety

But you're only saying 'ignore it' because you don't like it. I don't really agree

That's what Drax believes. It may not necessarily be true
    Wanda's powers provide them variety already. There is no one else in the universe that possesses Chaos Magic. There are people like Strange that have used it in comics, but don't have it running in their veins. Once X-Men get in the MCU, you'll have plenty of telepaths that it wouldn't make Wanda unique. So there would not provide that kind of variety. The Avengers have had true telepaths if they want to go that route, but it seems like the next Avengers team is Young Avengers.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-15-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Heather at one point was believed to be dead in comics too. So they could always do that thing where he thought Thanos killed her but she survived.

Ultimate Member

Wanda's powers provide them variety already. There is no one else in the universe that possesses Chaos Magic. There are people like Strange that have used it in comics, but don't have it running in their veins. Once X-Men get in the MCU, you'll have plenty of telepaths that it wouldn't make Wanda unique. So there would not provide that kind of variety. The Avengers have had true telepaths if they want to go that route, but it seems like the next Avengers team is Young Avengers.
    I just always found Chaos Magic a bit nebulous. I don't really see the harm in giving an extra ability to her.

And the Avengers don't have that many telepaths. X-Men having many doesn't mean Avengers will

I just always found Chaos Magic a bit nebulous. I don't really see the harm in giving an extra ability to her.

And the Avengers don't have that many telepaths. X-Men having many doesn't mean Avengers will
    So you find her powers confusing but want to tack on more? Ok... you could just read up on what all chaos magic does. And it would no longer be nebulous.

Exactly. Nothing the X-Men does means the Avengers need to do it. And telepathy is one of the most overused powers in the universe for character template. I'd rather Wanda be 'nebulous' than cookie cutter.

Ultimate Member

So you find her powers confusing but want to tack on more? Ok... you could just read up on what all chaos magic does. And it would no longer be nebulous.

Exactly. Nothing the X-Men does means the Avengers need to do it. And telepathy is one of the most overused powers in the universe for character template. I'd rather Wanda be 'nebulous' than cookie cutter.
    How is telepathy the most overused power? In a world with flight and super strength? Why don't those get criticized?

And how exactly am I saying she should be generic? I said one of her powers is somewhat unclear. adding another doesn't make it worse. I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say at the moment

How is telepathy the most overused power? In a world with flight and super strength? Why don't those get criticized?

And how exactly am I saying she should be generic? I said one of her powers is somewhat unclear. adding another doesn't make it worse. I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say at the moment
    Other people having common powers doesn't mean Wanda needs one too.

Chaos magic is the source for her hexes, hex spheres, reality warping, etc. It's all under that umbrella, it's not unclear. It is varied. And yes, adding another power makes that worse. I'm ok with nightmare powers being a very minor thing. But her primary powers should be true to her actual powers in comics.

And yes, telepathy in comics is overused. How? It's a power a lot of characters have!

If the movies are any indication, she's definitely not going to be the team telepath.

As for Moondragon, it probably depends on if Gunn has any intentions towards her. I think he's said before he thinks she's cool but that was a long time ago.