Page 769 of 775 FirstFirst ... 269669719759765766767768769770771772773 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I do wonder, if it was the other way around and a female character like Storm was changed to be a male how well that would go.....
    Serious question, do you really not understand why that'd be different?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The movies based Fury off of the Ultimates which was also alt earth. The movies haven't ever really fully followed the comics to a tee, but the point is that it's not a gender-bend like people are crying about.
    Not even vaguely similar. one is a universe that's just a bit different.... The other was DESIGNED to be a dumpster-fire version of the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Not even vaguely similar. one is a universe that's just a bit different.... The other was DESIGNED to be a dumpster-fire version of the main continuity.
    The funny thing is you don't realize that description only proves Generic's point that it's the same thing. You just described both things.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The funny thing is you don't realize that description only proves Generic's point that it's the same thing. You just described both things.
    Did... you even READ Earth-X?

Sure, Ultimates had a bunch of icky stuff that's bad compared to the main U... but it doesn't START as a dumpster fire. Ultimates started as a neat variant... where things go wrong in several ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't know if Shalla-Bal is going to be the Silver Surfer here but if she is it's definitely not how I would have approached this.

This is the MCUs first go at the FF, so not adapting the main 616 storyline relatively faithfully here is an interesting choice. And no, I don't believe the creatives are doing this for culture war reasons. I also realize that the MCU isn't the 616 universe but depending on how it plays it out, it could be a missed opportunity. But again, if that's the story they want to tell, then I'll take a wait and see approach to this one.

I also don't agree with folks that Galactus needs to be built up to. Not every villain needs a special build up considering Galactus comes with heralds and got waived off with the Ultimate Nullifier..lol.
    Maybe it's more of a sign that the FF's universe and certain elements of it will end up Galactus'd so the FF can end up in the MCU?

FF's Johnny Storm actor speaks on the new movie's "Brilliant Vision".
    Not much given away, but the most flattering pic of Joseph Quinn where I can see him physically as himbo Johnny in a Harry Styles modern way.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I don't think that matters. They are gonna pull from all continuities. The MCU marks itself as the 616 but it's really not that much like the 616.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Pondering possibilities with a female Surfer (because imagination)... I wonder if they would pivot the historic Sue has a wandering eye for exotic Namor to Reed is drawn to the cosmic Shalla-Surfer, not that they couldn't do that with a male Surfer, especially with uber game Pedro Pascal cast as MCU Reed. But it could be an interesting tangent to touch upon in the FantasticVerse we meet the team in...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    FF's Johnny Storm actor speaks on the new movie's "Brilliant Vision".
    Not much given away, but the most flattering pic of Joseph Quinn where I can see him physically as himbo Johnny in a Harry Styles modern way.
    They need to make him very funny bc He'll never become a himbo.

Pondering possibilities with a female Surfer (because imagination)... I wonder if they would pivot the historic Sue has a wandering eye for exotic Namor to Reed is drawn to the cosmic Shalla-Surfer, not that they couldn't do that with a male Surfer, especially with uber game Pedro Pascal cast as MCU Reed. But it could be an interesting tangent to touch upon in the FantasticVerse we meet the team in...
    Making Reed unlikable is counterintuitive bc ppl who haven't read the F4 comics already have a negative perception of the character.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Making Reed unlikable is counterintuitive bc ppl who haven't read the F4 comics already have a negative perception of the character.
    Casting Pedro Pascal as "unlikable" would be something....

Niffleheim

Casting Pedro Pascal as "unlikable" would be something....
    I think they cast Pedro to skip that hurdle and he's the character that most are open to like while the rest are unknown entities.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Amazing Member

The sad thing is that it could had been good if they toned the icky stiff down.

Did... you even READ Earth-X?

Sure, Ultimates had a bunch of icky stuff that's bad compared to the main U... but it doesn't START as a dumpster fire. Ultimates started as a neat variant... where things go wrong in several ways.
    The Ultimates began adding more "icky stuff" because it was always meant to be wildly divergent from the main MU, but it started to not look much different so they added edgier stuff in.

Hank attacked Janet within the first 6 issues of The Ultimates.

With bug spray. And ants.

Issue #9 is when Hank and Captain America fight over the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The Ultimates began adding more "icky stuff" because it was always meant to be wildly divergent from the main MU, but it started to not look much different so they added edgier stuff in.
    You haven't said a single thing about why you think it's similar in aNY way to Earth-X. Seriously... do you even KNOW the level of ---- Earth-X is?