Page 647 of 775 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 11619

I am really nervous about how well The Marvels will do.

I mean, they really seem to be doubling-down on how "fun" the movie looks, but I don't think "fun" sells Marvel movies as well as they used to and there's not a lot that seems to be standing out for it outside the angle of a big female Superhero movie with three protagonists (two from Disney+ shows so not sure if that'll be an incentive for general audiences). It looks more like something you would unwind with at home than an epic motion picture you have to see in theaters.

But that's just me. I hope it does well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Specially because Marvel over-relied on it, and some of the movies that didn't (like Eternals and Black Widow) were duds.
    Well black widow came out when covid was at one of its worst and there was china as well and while it flop at the box-office it made a money on disney plus,so over all it did not flop and not a dud.
    Now eternals did flop and for some reasons like covid,china etc...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I feel like it's been downhill for the MCU, critically and commercially, ever since the second weekend of Multiverse of Madness when the film's mixed reviews and audience reception caught up with it.

Of course it was just a symptom, not the cause. There's too much MCU content and too much of it has half-baked scripts by inexperienced writers, and that's not unique to MoM. (At least the Black Panther franchise still has Coogler and GoG 3 was able to finish with the same writer/director.) Still, I like to joke that that movie brought down a witch's curse on the franchise.
    Well the disney plus mcu shows still get really high ratings from critics and fans.
    The strongest part of phase 4 are the shows,specials and web-series like i am groot.
    They have scores higher on average then the movies and in any phase of marvel.

The only one that did not get really high scores from the audiences was she-hulk,but imdb have it at a so-so audience score.
    5.2/10.

Wakanda forever the last movie of phase 4 has really high score from critics and audiences and made alot money as well.
    It is one of the most serious mcu movies too.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-28-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Re-reading the original Master of Kung-Fu run I'm genuinely surprised they didn't try to work Leiko Wu into Shang-Chi's movie when it feels like there would've been so many simple ways to do it, unless they thought they couldn't do her and Shang's relationship justice with everything else they had set up in the film.

All the Guardians 3 reviews are noting how disturbing some of the animal abuse themes are. Everybody has that one film that scarred them as a child. This is definitely going to be that for the current generation lol.
    Last edited by Dipter; 04-29-2023 at 04:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    All the Guardians 3 reviews are noting how disturbing some of the animal abuse themes are. Everybody has that one film that scarred them as a child. This is definitely going to be that for the current generation lol.
    Absolutely.

This scene from Superman 3 scarred a generation (unintentionally).

Spectacular Member

Word on the street is Jodie Comer's in final talks to be Sue. Apparently, she turned down the Blade Runner series offer so she can do this. We'll probably be hearing it in the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Worst one for me... was the TV show Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Got jump scared by a random skeleton so bad it bothered me for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Absolutely.

This scene from Superman 3 scarred a generation (unintentionally).
    Well, see, I saw that AFTER watching Robocop. That was... interesting. 'cause in Robocop... getting cybernetics wasn't so... temporary. Imagine my confusion when the lady somehow just... has all that stuff just... fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Word on the street is Jodie Comer's in final talks to be Sue. Apparently, she turned down the Blade Runner series offer so she can do this. We'll probably be hearing it in the next week.
    She’s a great actress. A bit too cool for the typical MCU female character, to be honest. I can’t imagine they’ll make MCU Sue more interesting if they toned down Black Widow, Sersi and others so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    She’s a great actress. A bit too cool for the typical MCU female character, to be honest. I can’t imagine they’ll make MCU Sue more interesting if they toned down Black Widow, Sersi and others so much.
    Well, Sue's already got the least exaggerated personality of the entire team, which is why she's kind of the gel that keeps them together.

I guess they'll probably make her quippier...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, see, I saw that AFTER watching Robocop. That was... interesting. 'cause in Robocop... getting cybernetics wasn't so... temporary. Imagine my confusion when the lady somehow just... has all that stuff just... fall off.
    Ah.. i saw this as a kid and for some reason, I couldn't watch Superman 3 to the end because of this.

I think it's the screaming that messed me up.

Spectacular Member

Where on earth did you get this "Jodie Comer's too cool" idea? She's a very hammy actress. Go watch Killing Eve. She'd make Jimmy Cagney proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Ah.. i saw this as a kid and for some reason, I couldn't watch Superman 3 to the end because of this.

I think it's the screaming that messed me up.
    Yeah, the screaming doesn't make it better. but it didn't surprise me as much after the Robocop version. O-o'

Scarlet Witch and Jessica Jones are appearing in an HBO Max miniseries called Love and Death. Go watch it.