Page 736 of 775 FirstFirst ... 236636686726732733734735736737738739740746 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,040 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Most definitely in Strange's case. Carter, at least, has the excuse of never getting over Steve in the first place and outside forces keep throwing him in her path, as opposed to Strange whose refusal to move on is entirely internal (and at odds with his arc from last season). And I absolutely want to see Carter's story in season 3. I don't want her to showcase as much as she did here, but she's been the poster child for What If since it began and I wanna see the arc resolve. But I just need, like, one Carter-focused episode to wrap up her story and then perhaps some kind of epilogue/involvement in the finale, if they do another 'assemble' thing.
    I know but it felt like 50% of her character was pinning for Steven and the other 50% was "I'M CAPTAIN CARTER!" and just riffing on Steve stuff.

I mean, I like the character, but that's just how it felt to me.

Also I doubt they're going to be able to resist doing their own version of Civil War if only to complete the trilogy.
    Eh, I never totally forgave ScarJo for not doing an accent for Nat, so I'm not gonna hate too much on a bad one. At least an attempt was made, I guess? Taskmaster, that's a related but different pile of problems I think. Was not happy with how they handled that situation at all. I'd have been fine with the changes they made to the character if there had been a damn personality behind it. I get what they were saying there, but I needed a entertaining Taskmaster more than I needed another heavy handed socio-political statement. Even though I agree with what they were saying, they were too blunt saying it to make it fun.
    I'm not saying it's impossible to spin a female Taskmaster but that definitely wasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    My only hope for Season 3 is that they just retire Strange Supreme and ease up on using Captain Carter all the time.
    Agreed. Don't need to see Strange Supreme again.

I don't get why they went the 'Christine!' route. The lie Strange was feeding Peggy about hunting down universe killers was a perfectly good story and could've fueled his fall to villainy, just say he started to go too far with it. Like, he'd stop a Thanos before the Chitari are sent to earth, saving countless lives and preventing that world's Blip....but it also stops the Avengers from forming, ultimately making the universe weaker. If the Watcher was a cautionary tale about being too non-interventionalist in season 1 then Strange could've been the other side of that coin in season 2, causing more problems than he solves by sticking his nose in too much.

They could stand to use the Eternals, give us a Scarlet Witch story, use Pietro and I think it'd be cool if they gave She-Hulk an episode.
    Always down for more Wanda, but Pietro is the one I really want to see. Maybe a 'what if Quicksilver was the twin who lived?' kinda thing? Could be fun. Would a She-Hulk episode know she was in a cartoon?

I'm surprised Carol hasn't been used more. She showed up a couple times last season but not once here. You'd think a show this crazy would be a great place to use her.

Funny you mention Eternals, I was just talking with my son earlier and saying a sci-fi space survival story where 'what if the Eternals don't save earth' could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know but it felt like 50% of her character was pinning for Steven and the other 50% was "I'M CAPTAIN CARTER!" and just riffing on Steve stuff.

I mean, I like the character, but that's just how it felt to me.
    You're not wrong. There's a lot more of Steve in Captain Carter than there is of "secret agent from the first movie" Peggy. I still wanna see the arc wrap up though.

Also I doubt they're going to be able to resist doing their own version of Civil War if only to complete the trilogy.
    Wonder if they'll use her Avengers, or the Guardians of the Multiverse? We don't know her Avengers, outside of Widow, so there's no real investment there. And there isn't really a GotM to use, that was a one-off thing.

I'm not saying it's impossible to spin a female Taskmaster but that definitely wasn't it.
    No, definitely not. Maybe the Thunderbolts movie can do something about it? Even if the film does try to course correct I can't imagine she'll be like the comic version, but any personality at all would be a huge improvement.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

If the MCU uses Captain Carter again I can see the audience getting tired of the same old same old. I don't mind her for one episode but I think that's the maximum she should star in season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Wenwu being so close to the heart of that change either. I got nothing against a good love story but I don't like the 'he saved me from myself!' troupe, especially when it's applied to a woman like Hela.
    Yeah, how old is Hela, pretty sure she's decided what she wanted.

Spider-verse 2 returning to theaters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c..._returning_to/

Hope the Sentry thread is happy they got what they wanted now he's gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think he would have been great as Bob.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I for one am happy he's gone, I would much rather have him play Amadeus Cho, I want a Sentry that is menacing and scary like in Bendis' Dark Avengers and Siege.

Honestly I think he would be a better fit for other roles so I'm not too worked up.

I still question using Sentry for the Thunderbolts movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I for one am happy he's gone, I would much rather have him play Amadeus Cho, I want a Sentry that is menacing and scary like in Bendis' Dark Avengers and Siege.
    He's wayyyy too old for Cho.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think he would be a better fit for other roles so I'm not too worked up.

I still question using Sentry for the Thunderbolts movie.

He's wayyyy too old for Cho.
    You think so? Everyone is aged already, so it may work

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Something about Yuen that says he can't play "menacing and scary"? I haven't seen much of his work. MCU has done well casting against "type" before - Chris Evans as Captain America was a helluva shocker.

Oddly enough, now it has been suggested that MCU may have found its new KANG from the "Walking Dead" as well.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-03-2024 at 03:16 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Sentry needs a crazy wandavision like disney plus mini series with the mysteries and twists in reality from the comics not him cannon fodder to some street level heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sentry needs a crazy wandavision like disney plus mini series with the mysteries and twists in reality from the comics not him cannon fodder to some street level heroes.
    Agreed. With that cast, Sentry would be really out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed. With that cast, Sentry would be really out of place.
    It's like Feige so the original pitch for the DCEU Suicide Squad as something to take down Superman and thought he could run from it.

Even though his is basically shaping up to be half a Black Widow sequel.