Page 452 of 774 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 11608

Marvel/Disney is going for quantity over quality. And I think it's a REALLY dumb move. I got burned out after Hawkeye. She-Hulk has been my most anticipated Disney Plus show for SO long and the trailer looked great. But I got a BAD feeling that Marvel characters from outside of the movie MCU are gonna appear in this series in order to create "comic book boner moments" for the fanboys. MCU movies are NOT being rewatched like they used to be and I'm actually VERY concerned for Thor 4. And I'm talking as a HUGE Ragnarok fan. Because there's the NEXT Marvel movie folks have to watch, and there's the NEXT Marvel show they have to watch. They bunched Moon Knight, the MoM, Ms. Marvel, Thor 4 and She-Hulk SO close together. It's NOT good for the MCU if their movies keep having HUGE box office drops in their second weeks. I know big declines are to be expected after huge weekend box office openings, but these drops are happening more often now than ever and they're pretty big.

Extraordinary Member

She-Hulk Attorney at Law Disney+ Official Trailer Reaction & Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Marvel/Disney is going for quantity over quality. And I think it's a REALLY dumb move. I got burned out after Hawkeye. She-Hulk has been my most anticipated Disney Plus show for SO long and the trailer looked great. But I got a BAD feeling that Marvel characters from outside of the movie MCU are gonna appear in this series in order to create "comic book boner moments" for the fanboys. MCU movies are NOT being rewatched like they used to be and I'm actually VERY concerned for Thor 4. And I'm talking as a HUGE Ragnarok fan. Because there's the NEXT Marvel movie folks have to watch, and there's the NEXT Marvel show they have to watch. They bunched Moon Knight, the MoM, Ms. Marvel, Thor 4 and She-Hulk SO close together. It's NOT good for the MCU if their movies keep having HUGE box office drops in their second weeks. I know big declines are to be expected after huge weekend box office openings, but these drops are happening more often now than ever and they're pretty big.
    I think if any Disney+ series can handle cameos it's She-Hulk. The nature of her job handling superhuman cases means that we can get one-off episodes with other MCU characters. Since the show is going for a fun vibe I don’t think it’ll ruin the tone either.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-18-2022 at 05:26 AM.

She Hulk wasn't one of the shows I was going to watch (don't really care for the character and just isn't my vibe tbh) but it looks like something my wife might like
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Disney+ Subscriber Numbers Beat Expectations thanks to MCU Shows

Ryan Begay quote-
    It’s not only the Star Wars/Marvel content but it’s the kids hits like Enchanto and Turning Red. Hell my kids still watch Moana, Frozen 2 and all the Pixar films. Disney+ has better content than the other streaming apps in general, for family and adults. For myself, I love the IMAX enhanced films and of course the Star Wars/Marvel content ����

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think if any Disney+ series can handle cameos it's She-Hulk. The nature of her job handling superhuman cases means that we can get one-off episodes with other MCU characters. Since the show is going for a fun vibe I don’t think it’ll ruin the tone either.
    Yeah, that's probably true. The reason why I think She-Hulk can be a success is that it can pull in audiences who are not necessarily superhero fans. Legal comedies and legal dramas are VERY popular. Look at how long Law & Order: SVU has been on the air. Olivia Benson is a modern day "superhero" in her own way and is probably just as well-known as the Scarlet Witch among the American public. So if the MCU can have its own "Ally McBeal" in She-Hulk, I think a LOT of women who don't enjoy "capeshit" will be intrigued by the premise of Jen's show. This kind of series would be right up the alley for somebody like MindofShadow's wife EASILY. I just hope the cameos are not gimmicky. I feel Disney/Marvel has been doing that a lot lately, and it's gotten annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Disney+ Subscriber Numbers Beat Expectations thanks to MCU Shows
    I like Disney Plus. It's got a great selection of movies and shows on it. But I would rather Marvel make their movies and shows like "events" again. I miss the days when you didn't have to follow so many characters at once. Don't wanna have the MCU on television to share the same fate of the DC stuff on the CW.

I don't watch youtube videos bc i hate them but why exactly are they thanking MCU shows for growth? Or star wars even?

I would "assume" every star wars and mcu fan would have been signed up long ago. So what is driving the growth?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think it is important to look beyond box office and subscription numbers to judge whether a movie is a "success" or "failure". I think the MoM was a success. I don't think ANYBODY could reasonably question that. And I don't either. Folks should enjoy what they like regardless of critical and general audience approval. But to me, word of mouth is KEY. Movies and shows don't need expensive marketing campaigns to gain traction amongst the public. There's an indie film called Everything Everywhere All at Once that is in theaters as we speak. A multiverse movie, ironically. But even though it's a small-budget picture, it's hanging in there against major studio productions in a way that nobody expected could happen in this day and age. And that's almost COMPLETELY through WORD OF MOUTH. That to me, is a better metric of whether something is successful or not. I'm not sure if I'll see Everything Everywhere All at Once (I prefer watching PBS documentaries, TCM classic films, MCU movies/shows and Maury), but it definitely has aroused my curiosity:

https://movieweb.com/everything-ever...rossing-movie/

I also want to mention that I actually liked Hawkeye. It exceeded my expectations and I thought it was an underrated series. I got burnout when that show started adding in characters for "comic book boner moments" so nerds and geeks could freak out. I thought that made Hawkeye a little bit too "busy" for its own good, and believed it to be an extremely cynical move on Marvel Studios' part. I GET that Disney couldn't use Marvel characters owned by other studios, so I'm willing to cut them some slack in regards to how they integrate properties that were already used previously. It's gonna be REALLY hard to make the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Blade and Daredevil "new" again without treading over old territory. I've noticed fans who want the movies/shows to "resemble the comic books more" getting more and more pleased with what is happening in Phase 4. I take the total opposite approach. I think it is better if the MCU does its own thing and stop adopting the bad habits of the source material of which we are ALL familiar with and tired of. I don't hate the MCU and wish for its "downfall". I just want it to do and be better. I think it's a very bad thing when the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) says: "Honestly, the Marvel movie magic is lost on me now, which is too bad,” she says. “I have to get my kicks elsewhere.” And this is WHILE she's promoting Strange 2. It's obvious to me that if she was given a choice to work either on Everything Everywhere All at Once or the MoM and could make the same amount of money in each, her preference would be clear. That being said, I AM looking forward to Thor 4 and She-Hulk. I want very much to enjoy watching them. All that I ask for is no more "comic book boner moments."
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-18-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't watch youtube videos bc i hate them but why exactly are they thanking MCU shows for growth? Or star wars even?

I would "assume" every star wars and mcu fan would have been signed up long ago. So what is driving the growth?

Lots of different markets opening up around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Lots of different markets opening up around the world.
    This is both good and bad. More subscriptions for Disney Plus is great. BUT I do feel that people will skip going to the theaters when they know they can watch Marvel content in 45 days at no extra cost (IF word of mouth is mixed). I think that PARTLY explains the second-week drops for MCU movies in the past year.

Incredible Member

This sounds so weird to me. You like most or all of what you're seeing but are concerned because they will be perceived as the "next Marvel movie"? That's been part of the brand's success from the the beginning, Fan boys felt they had to watch all the phase 1 Marvel movies to see how it would all add up to The Avengers and then they all watched the phase 2 movies to see how it would lead into Age of Ultron. Then around Civil War normies got invested in this and that's when the movies started to get really interconnected.

Still not every movie will be a must see experience. Things like Shang Chi, Eternals and even a horror movie starring Doctor Strange were always going to be harder sell, I don't see their drop offs from very front loaded first weeks to be a sign of anything. They'll wait to see it on streaming or if they really don't like the look of the movie just watch any number of youtuber explaining anything they need to know going into the next MCU they'll want to see. Now if it happens to Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Thor or Spider-Man 4 then there's cause for concern but honestly right now everything looks fine.
    Last edited by Orbus; 05-18-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This is both good and bad. More subscriptions for Disney Plus is great. BUT I do feel that people will skip going to the theaters when they know they can watch Marvel content in 45 days at no extra cost (IF word of mouth is mixed). I think that PARTLY explains the second-week drops for MCU movies in the past year.
    The only mcu movies that got b scores were eternals(b) and doctor strange 2(b+).
    Spiderman no way home,black widow and shang chi had A scores,so word of mouth could not have been mixed,plus they have really high audience RT scores.
    Black widow had that disney plus thing unlike the others and covid was still more of thing(Covid is still a problem by the way,plus movie habits have change because of it).
    Eternals and doctor strange have really high RT audience scores has well but less the one i mention above,but they are one of lease enjoyable mcu movies along with the first thor that also has a (b+) score.
    So word of mouth is not mixed for any of those films.
    It's just that eternals and doctor strange 2 was the least enjoyable but still mosts folks like those two films.

Extraordinary Member

Here some talk about cgi for she-hulk and hulk.

thundercat2000ca quote-
    The issue is She Hulk is normally quite proportional to a normal human body vs. The Hulk, whose exaggerated proportions make it easier to look past the uncanny valley. With Jen, no matter how good she looks, our eyes will still see it as "wrong" to one degree or another. Still IMO she looks great.

jakeblitzcoffie quote-
    This feels like the Sonic reveal trailer 2.0.....

Haridas Palleeri quote-
    exactly. Hulk is so out of proportions that the its past the uncanny valley. She is not past that point so it looks weird

thundercat2000ca quote-
    @jakeblitzcoffie It's not that bad.... nothing can ever be that bad.
    Here some more talk about cgi for she-hulk and hulk.
    She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - Trailer Reaction and Breakdown

Heroes Reforged

A few comments inside the link

superkid801 quote-
    I’m looking forward to seeing this. She doesn’t look bad, but I need to see her in motion. My dad loves this character and is excited for it! I look forward to your reactions on the show!

Michael Wolf quote-
    I think there's also a Gender barrier in CGI. A lot of the things that make Hulk look good are the sort of things women work hard to conceal, and finding that line between beautiful woman and uncanny valley is something real women struggle with every time they're putting on makeup to go out.

blueblamkiss quote-
    I’m pretty sure that the CGI will be fixed before it airs. Remember how the MoonKnight peek wasn’t finished when we first saw the bathroom fight, but the jackal wasn’t finished. All in all I can’t wait for my favorite Marvel character to get her shine, because she deserves it.

B Magda quote-
    I am 100% sold on this. I personally don't have any issue with the CGI. And I expect it to be better on release as well. And hyped for Wong being confirmed to be in it. Frog Man is absolutely who that is! And **** yeah!
    And for real, Charlie Cox will show up to some degree.

ConflictStar quote-
    I fear that Marvel Studios is starting to get to the dreaded "Star Wars Level" of audience expectation, where they have less and less room for a project to just be OK. Everyone expects everything to be the "best thing ever" and if it fails to meet that bar, suddenly it's "absolutely awful".

J quote-
    Yuppp I've been seeing that with many fans since Endgame ��

Britt Bebop quote-
    Right they are so ungrateful ����*♀️ Marvel single-handedly helped us all get through this pandemic & no other studios care as much as Feige does

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    This sounds so weird to me. You like most or all of what you're seeing but are concerned because they will be perceived as the "next Marvel movie"? That's been part of the brand's success from the the beginning, Fan boys felt they had to watch all the phase 1 Marvel movies to see how it would all add up to The Avengers and then they all watched the phase 2 movies to see how it would lead into Age of Ultron. Then around Civil War normies got invested in this and that's when the movies started to get really interconnected.

Still not every movie will be a must see experience. Things like Shang Chi, Eternals and even a horror movie starring Doctor Strange were always going to be harder sell, I don't see their drop offs from very front loaded first weeks to be a sign of anything. They'll wait to see it on streaming or if they really don't like the look of the movie just watch any number of youtuber explaining anything they need to know going into the next MCU they'll want to see. Now if it happens to Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Thor or Spider-Man 4 then there's cause for concern but honestly right now everything looks fine.
    I apologize for not making myself clear. I LOVED Phases 1-3. I thought the MCU movies from 2008-2021 were fantastic. Literally brought my childhood to life. So you're right, I do love the OVERWHELMING majority of the content Marvel Studios produces. And I agree with you that Civil War did get the MCU a whole bunch of new fans. I'm just little bit down on the Phase 4 stuff. I enjoyed the television shows and movies in the past year, but not NEARLY as much as in previous years. Maybe the last two Avengers movies made my expectations unrealistic. But I think the MCU is introducing too many characters, releasing too much content too quickly, and diving into some comic book **** that I was never into the first place. I am really loyal to the first three Phases of the MCU, so I will check out She-Hulk, Armor Wars, Secret Invasion, Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Captain Marvel 2, Thor 4, and Ant-Man 3. I just wish Marvel could introduce characters like they use to:

I hadn't been reading comic books for a while at the time, and I was surprised to find out that Nick Fury was BLACK! And that the Avengers were gonna become a thing SHOCKED me (I didn't think Marvel Studios was gonna try to bring them to the big screen). But I really liked Sam Jackson's take on the character and embraced him completely. There has been no MCU post-credit scene to beat that one in my opinion. Disney should do **** like that again. I'm REALLY hoping Thor 4 does not have big drops at the box office.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-18-2022 at 09:45 PM.