Page 727 of 777 FirstFirst ... 227627677717723724725726727728729730731737 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 11652

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But what are they going to do with Alicia Masters? And with Galactus? Is the MCU going to put a woman as the slave of a man? Because that is basically what the Silver Surfer was in his genesis story, a slave.
    I wouldn’t be shocked if they made the Surfer gender-neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But what are they going to do with Alicia Masters? And with Galactus? Is the MCU going to put a woman as the slave of a man? Because that is basically what the Silver Surfer was in his genesis story, a slave.
    It wouldn't be much different than having Nebula work for Thanos. Not to mention, the entire point of the SS is he breaks away from his Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m quite curious if Taika chose to adapt Jane’s Thor arc and the God Butcher arc, or if those were both mandated by Marvel. I think directly adapting great stories is what lead to the downfall of L&T, because in Taika’s attempts to add his own flair it ended up detracting from what was already great source material.
    I think it was expected to some extent that they would adapt Jane and the God Butcher since those two were the most standout elements of Jason Aaron's run and there tends to be some recency bias with the MCU.

Maybe they could have worked together better had they treated the material more seriously or restructured the movie.
    I hope the script is tighter than MoM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I think a good work around for this is to swap Norrin Radd and Zenn-La. You get the same basic story and fans will not be (too) up in arms.
    But then you'd basically just turn Zenn-La into Norrin Radd.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was expected to some extent that they would adapt Jane and the God Butcher since those two were the most standout elements of Jason Aaron's run and there tends to be some recency bias with the MCU.
    I have noticed that tendency to adapt relatively new stories even if some older stories are more iconic. I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting for some breathtaking adaptation of Walt Simonson's run, instead of such a recent, and, in Jane's case, amazingly drawn but kind of tonally all over the place, story arc. Same with Age of Ultron. A dozen great Avengers stories better than that one, but Age of Ultron was fairly recent, and so it got the nod, even if it had to be totally revamped to account for no Pym, the presence of the Mind Stone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have noticed that tendency to adapt relatively new stories even if some older stories are more iconic. I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting for some breathtaking adaptation of Walt Simonson's run, instead of such a recent, and, in Jane's case, amazingly drawn but kind of tonally all over the place, story arc. Same with Age of Ultron. A dozen great Avengers stories better than that one, but Age of Ultron was fairly recent, and so it got the nod, even if it had to be totally revamped to account for no Pym, the presence of the Mind Stone, etc.
    I know Surtur was kind of important...but he deserved way better. Same with the Warriors Three.

(Also I will never forgive the fact that Thor never once said "Ultron, we would have words with Thee."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Nothing has change.

I am not required to watch everything.

I am tired of this toxic behavior that isn't really about the actual story content but a segment of folks that think excluding POC and LGBTQA+ on the screen and off the scene is the solution.

Folks screamed for all this and now are MAD that they got it?

Not mainly mad about story scripts and effects but mad that Marvel opened the door to those the good old boys kept out?

We still got 33 movies despite it all. This is not DC Comics.

And yes a lot of those movies featured folks who don't sell comics. Which is a bonus. A lot of their trades got into hands of a lot of folks.

The best Marvel can do is learn from this and do ever better. And channel out the dubebros attacking the Marvels because of the women on and off camera.

The Marvel underperforming is NOT a greenlight to bury those characters nor deny other females of their shots.

What is a bigger embarrassment The Marvels or Flash or Justice League?

Black Panther and Cap Marvel both made a billion & movies with Batman and Superman don't. Show me in what reality was that suppose to happen?

SO there are victories to take from MCU along with defeats. I say the victories outnumber the defeats.
    Problem is money talks studios don't want to lose money like Disney is right now. I can see them putting Carol on the side for a while.

She’ll be in the next avengers movies at the very least, but yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath for Captain Marvel 3: The Marvels 2 at this point lol.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    She’ll be in the next avengers movies at the very least, but yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath for Captain Marvel 3: The Marvels 2 at this point lol.
    Putting her with two Disney plus characters, removing her name from title and making a silly and wacky sequal was the reason the movie failed.

Yet, Carol gets all the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I think a good work around for this is to swap Norrin Radd and Zenn-La. You get the same basic story and fans will not be (too) up in arms.
    But then you'd basically just turn Zenn-La into Norrin Radd.
    I think you mean Shalla-Bal. Zenn-La was the planet. I'm pretty sure you two don't mean to turn the planet into Silver Surfer.

I know Surtur was kind of important...but he deserved way better. Same with the Warriors Three.

(Also I will never forgive the fact that Thor never once said "Ultron, we would have words with Thee."
    Agreed. The Thor movies had a lot of elements and characters that got under used.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Age of Ultron, the movie had almost nothing in common with the Age of Ultron comic other than the name and the fact that it had Ultron in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Putting her with two Disney plus characters, removing her name from title and making a silly and wacky sequal was the reason the movie failed.

You could argue that one of the main reasons why it flopped is because the first movie was not that popular among audiences and Marvel barely used her after that. So audiences just didn't care.

Extraordinary Member

Putting her with two Disney plus characters,
    Monica rambeau is originally from the captain marvel movie.

Under that prism, we could argue than the reason the Captain Marvel movie was a success was because puttin it between two MCU success movies and including two wacky silly characters in Nick Fury and the cat.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

I will never understand the title The Marvels. Apart from seemingly demoting Carol, it's not even a good title. Tells you nothing about the movie or who, specifically, is in it.

In other news WandaVision is now available to buy in physical form. Either Blu-ray or 4K Ultra HD

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    In other news WandaVision is now available to buy in physical form. Either Blu-ray or 4K Ultra HD
    Ha! Been waiting for this to drop. Got Loki S1, was not disappointed. Don't buy a lot of physical movies these days, but I won't have a hole in my MCU collection and these shows are worth having on disc, against the day when D+ drops them like they did Willow.

So....it dawns on me that the whole "Marvel needs to restructure, and I bet we won't see Carol around after her movie bombed!" sounds a whole lot like what people were saying with Thor 2 and Iron Man 2, AoU and whatever other movies made people think Marvel was headed over a cliff.

Marvel kind of has a problem with sequels, it seems. Other than Ant-Man and Cap, most #2's don't seem to fare terribly well in the MCU do they?

Fiege doesn't usually bend to whatever public opinion is. True, they totally changed their approach with Thor 3, but we still got Thor 3. They didn't stop doing solo films just because Dark World failed to impress, nor did they stop using Thor in the wider 'verse. We've seen Marvel adjust their approach in the past, but not their overall plans. So far, Fiege has mostly done whatever he's wanted regardless of what the fans thought in the moment, and usually time has proven him right. He's changed tactics on occasion, like with Ragnarok, but usually sticks to the overall script. I recall people not being crazy impressed with the first Ant-Man, so what did the sequel do? The same stuff as the first one, just better. I expect that is still largely the case. I expect we'll still get Captain Marvel 3, but they may go in a wild new direction with it like they did Thor. And I expect Carol will still play whatever larger MCU role they planned on, they'll just try to make her more fun, somehow. Word is Disney is slowing their release schedule, but that's not terribly surprising and doesn't really speak to a change in their creative plans, just market limitations.

Do y'all think this runs deeper and requires a bigger shakeup? Even if this is all basically the same stuff people said in the past, is it more true this time around?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.