Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
The only mcu movies that got b scores were eternals(b) and doctor strange 2(b+).
Spiderman no way home,black widow and shang chi had A scores,so word of mouth could not have been mixed,plus they have really high audience RT scores.
Black widow had that disney plus thing unlike the others and covid was still more of thing(Covid is still a problem by the way,plus movie habits have change because of it).
Eternals and doctor strange have really high RT audience scores has well but less the one i mention above,but they are one of lease enjoyable mcu movies along with the first thor that also has a (b+) score.
So word of mouth is not mixed for any of those films.
It's just that eternals and doctor strange 2 was the least enjoyable but still mosts folks like those two films.
My bad. I apologize for not being clear. I meant the Phase 4 movies with mixed word of mouth might have not done so well at the box office PARTLY because folks just went to Disney Plus to watch them instead of going to the theaters. That option wasn't there for Marvel movie content before 2019. And I agree with your comments about COVID hindering box office sales as well.