Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I just have a hard time seeing that version of Taskmaster becoming anything resembling the comic version unless it's a different person in the suit. I don't think they cast for their charisma, at any rate.
I don't think we'll get anything close to comics Taskmaster, but there's a chance they bring the character back and give her some development and turn her into an actual character and not just a commentary on the patriarchy. I could see her in a Thunderbolts film, for example. I don't really expect to see Taskmaster return at all, I think that was strictly a one-and-done villain, but anything's possible.

I didn't want the Multiverse either, but ultimately it was to service reconstructing Hollands' Peter into the Spider-Man he needed to be by celebrating and emphasizing what Spider-Man is.
I know, I just think we could have gotten there without the multiverse stuff in this film. It's a good movie but taking the time to actually explore the consequences of Mysterio's bullsh*t would have been a far more unique film, and I think more satisfying. At least for me.

I haven't watched it yet, but considering the reception to it I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

It did seem more Wonder Woman than Captain Marvel to me.
Well, if you watch it don't go in expecting the typical MCU kind of movie. It takes itself far more seriously, and tries to go much wider in concept. I've watched it twice now, and I like it. I don't know much about the Eternals at all so I can't speak for any changes they made to the source material, but it hits that Kirby kind of high-concept sturm und drang. I don't think I'd call it one of my favorite MCU films, but if I had a list of my favorites it'd probably rank on the upper half of it.

I think a lot of the negative/mixed reviews stems from the fact that it doesn't feel like a Marvel film, it feels like a really good DC film. But don't let that turn you off from it.