Default So Has Ultron Ever Met Master Mold, Nimrod, or Bastion?

Hi all. Wanted to ask if Ultron has ever cross paths with Master Mold or Nimrod. Yes, after watching X-Men '97 and hearing about the Fall of X storylines, I'm inspired with possibilities. Has Ultron ever met Master Mold, Nimrod, or Bastion? If not, there is a ton of story potential there. Evil robots bent on the subjugation and elimination of humans and mutants. I could definitely see Ultron Sentinels or a Ultron/Nimrod hybrid battling it out with the Avengers/X-Men. Heck, I think that would make for the next Uncanny Avengers storyline.

In any case, any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

They've never interacted.
    I can't really imagine what kind of story can be told with them. I can't see Ultron even taking Sentinels seriously, to be honest.

None to my knowledge. It's funny that X-men deals with death machines and genocidal AIs a lot but the biggest/most well known robotic menace in MU is an Avengers villain.

Mighty Member

I was thinking about this a while ago. I don't ever see Ultron caring about any other AI besides Ultron unless it stems from Ultron and can be molded by/into Ultron. Where as, by comparison, Dimitrios from Avengers A.I. clearly cares about the well being of his people on some level. It's ironic because Dimitrios was born from a virus, but really, Ultron IS a virus in more ways than one.

Ultimate Member

Hickman: Why do people bother telling stories about human/mutant co-existence? It should be mutant vs. machine.

Fandom: We do that with Ultron every other Tuesday.

Hickman: Not like that.

Would love to see ultron tackle circuit breaker who can kill robots with one touch or death's head the bounty hunter robot. (Just don't call him bounty hunter. He doesn't like that!)

Could be some fun stories.

Ultron vs baymax also. Hey, marvel you own big hero 6. Use them in something.

I don’t know why there is a demarcation between mutant mecha and Avengers mecha. Maybe it’s a franchise thing that’s been going on this whole time, but there’s no cross-pollination between franchises in this regard.

Let’s take a look at Ultron. He was created by the psychosis of Henry Pym, so Ultron is tied to that psychosis to only work out Pyms issues through his son. This would keep Ultron focused purely on Stark and Black Panther as Pyms immediate competition, intellectually-wise, because Pym felt intimidated by the other scientifically based Avengers. This drove Pym to show them he was going to make something they couldn’t. An AI. He sure showed them.

I don’t know much about the mutant hunting robots except the Sentinels who suddenly went feral after a paranoid scientist thought it was a good idea to keep the mutants in check with giant robots. Why Master Mold went all Lost in Space Robot crazy could have just been circuitry failure, but the operating system was designed for one thing only and that was the eradication of one section of the community the mutants.

I think both robot status’ were purely focused on their particular franchises and that forbade them from looking and cooperating with other robots. Ultron and Sentinel based robots seem to be just elaborate vacuum cleaners going about their projected purpose cleaning house.
    Last edited by jackolover; Yesterday at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I can't really imagine what kind of story can be told with them. I can't see Ultron even taking Sentinels seriously, to be honest.
    I think a lot could be told. I could see them finding fascination with one another and a common interest. And then obviously, Ultron would want to takeover Nimrod or Master Mold and subvert them for his own purposes. He did it before with the Phalanx. Indeed, him described as a virus is pretty apt.

So yeah, them working together or them fighting one another and the Avengers/X-Men caught in the middle would be pretty cool.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Wanted to ask if Ultron has ever cross paths with Master Mold or Nimrod. Yes, after watching X-Men '97 and hearing about the Fall of X storylines, I'm inspired with possibilities. Has Ultron ever met Master Mold, Nimrod, or Bastion? If not, there is a ton of story potential there. Evil robots bent on the subjugation and elimination of humans and mutants. I could definitely see Ultron Sentinels or a Ultron/Nimrod hybrid battling it out with the Avengers/X-Men. Heck, I think that would make for the next Uncanny Avengers storyline.

In any case, any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I was thinking about this a while ago. I don't ever see Ultron caring about any other AI besides Ultron unless it stems from Ultron and can be molded by/into Ultron. Where as, by comparison, Dimitrios from Avengers A.I. clearly cares about the well being of his people on some level. It's ironic because Dimitrios was born from a virus, but really, Ultron IS a virus in more ways than one.
    Come to think of it, Ultron did start spreading a techno-organic virus with his code in it that could convert organic lifeforms into Ultron Sentries, during the Rage of Ultron OGN, not to mention the Annihilation: Conquest storyline where the Phalanx, a techno-organic race later set up in Hickman's Powers of X as the ultimate foes of mutants and humans alike, tried to assimilate Ultron and got assimilated by Ultron instead, resulting in Ultron nearly taking over the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don’t know why there is a demarcation between mutant mecha and Avengers mecha. Maybe it’s a franchise thing that’s been going on this whole time, but there’s no cross-pollination between franchises in this regard.

Let’s take a look at Ultron. He was created by the psychosis of Henry Pym, so Ultron is tied to that psychosis to only work out Pyms issues through his son. This would keep Ultron focused purely on Stark and Black Panther as Pyms immediate competition, intellectually-wise, because Pym felt intimidated by the other scientifically based Avengers. This drove Pym to show them he was going to make something they couldn’t. An AI. He sure showed them.

I don’t know much about the mutant hunting robots except the Sentinels who suddenly went feral after a paranoid scientist thought it was a good idea to keep the mutants in check with giant robots. Why Master Mold went all Lost in Space Robot crazy could have just been circuitry failure, but the operating system was designed for one thing only and that was the eradication of one section of the community the mutants.

I think both robot status’ were purely focused on their particular franchises and that forbade them from looking and cooperating with other robots. Ultron and Sentinel based robots seem to be just elaborate vacuum cleaners going about their projected purpose cleaning house.
    Funny enough, if we recall the Spider-Slayers created by Spencer and later his son Alistair Smythe, the latter eventually converting himself as well as others into cyborg Spider-Slayers, there does seem to be a trend with these A.I.-based villains wherein what starts as a purely machine threat to our heroes gets integrated down the line into human forms and bodies as an adaptation that increases the danger of that machine threat. Bastion and his Prime Sentinels being human-Sentinel hybrids makes them especially dangerous to mutants because they take away human-passing mutants' ability to hide among (the rest of) the human population, as the Prime Sentinels can do essentially the same thing and only activate when they detect the presence of the X-gene. Not to mention, as mentioned before, Ultron through a techno-organic virus containing his code or even by way of the Phalanx, who reproduce via infecting organic lifeforms with their own techno-organic virus, can convert organic lifeforms into more vessels for him to control and act through and, since having merged with Hank Pym, would technically qualify as a cyborg or techno-organic lifeform himself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I think a lot could be told. I could see them finding fascination with one another and a common interest. And then obviously, Ultron would want to takeover Nimrod or Master Mold and subvert them for his own purposes. He did it before with the Phalanx. Indeed, him described as a virus is pretty apt.

So yeah, them working together or them fighting one another and the Avengers/X-Men caught in the middle would be pretty cool.
    There’s your 2026 summer crossover
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I would love to write the AI take over that had AI vs AI... like you have the good guys like Machine Man and Danger (and please rescue omega sentinel for this) but you have factions of bad guys... and Ultron and Bastion (with nimrod) are the two big sides...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I would love to write the AI take over that had AI vs AI... like you have the good guys like Machine Man and Danger (and please rescue omega sentinel for this) but you have factions of bad guys... and Ultron and Bastion (with nimrod) are the two big sides...
    That would have been cool, too. Hell, I think we could have gotten something like that from Dan Slott's Iron Man run that was building up to a "Robot Revolution" of machines asserting their rights to self-determination as sapient beings after (arguably) being abused and exploited by humans and mutants alike, even though that fizzled out after Iron Man 2020 (in the actual year of 2020) concluded.
    The spider is always on the hunt.