Page 259 of 775 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 11619
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say that is a 100% certain (even though we know that Captain Carter and T'Challa Star-Lord end up on the multversal Avengers).

It's all in the execution. I didn't need another story of Wanda hurting people through her grief.
    And I didn't need another story about bad things just because of Mephisto.
    At least Wanda got to be present as an actual and not a plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    And I didn't need another story about bad things just because of Mephisto.
    At least Wanda got to be present as an actual and not a plot device.
    I didn't either, but I really just didn't need to see more of Wanda hurting people with her powers. It wasn't as bad as House of M or Dissassembled but it wasn't really all that better.

The assertion that it didn't tell a story is just a flat out lie, because I have no clue what you were watching to get that impression.
    Especially this trailer business you're talking about its just nonsense.

Both those ended in a way that couldn't be more blatant that the show will be coming back to them and the stories weren't over.
    Chill a bit homey, I don't know why you are being so aggressive.

Episode 1 told a complete story of Captain Carter. Got powered, became a hero, sacrificed herself to save the world.

Episode 2 told a complete story about a missing of Cha-cha. Where he came from, what he was doing, what the mission was, accomplished the mission, and then even went home to wrap up that dangling plot line.

No.
    Not all, a woman dealing with grief is far more interesting than everything happening because the devil did it.
    I don't think they did it well. her "grief" was one episode (the best episode of the series) and it was done through flash backs.

Lol at Mephisto comment. "It was Agatha all along" is the same thing.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Agatha was an opportunist, Wanda was the one who held the townspeople captive. The spell was what drew Agatha to Wanda in the first place.

The entire show was structured around the different stages of grief. The first two episodes were Wanda in denial then anger, bargaining, depression and later acceptance.

WV was Wanda screwing up, Dr Strange 2 will likely be her redemption. Her mental breakdown and screwing up is better handled in the MCU than the comic it was inspired by.

Agatha wasn’t the cause of the hex. Wanda’s false reality was a physical representation of her grief and denial. Her grief may not have been directly addressed until the penultimate episode, but the show was exploring it metaphorically the whole time.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-31-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I wouldn't say that is a 100% certain (even though we know that Captain Carter and T'Challa Star-Lord end up on the multversal Avengers).
    spoilers:
    Going by rumors on Reddit we should be getting a character from most of the previous episodes to form a team in the final episode against Ultron-Vision:

- Captain Carter (Episode 1)
    - Star Lord (Episode 2)
    - Supreme Strange (Episode 4)
    - Party Thor (Episode 5)
    - King Killmonger (Episode 6)
    - Zombie Hunter Spider-Man (Episode 7)
    - Empress Gamora (Episode 8)
    - Black Widow, the Last Avenger (Episode 9)

Only Episode 3 doesn't appear to be getting an addition, unless someone is missing from the list or they're opt for Pym's Yellowjacket or someone else.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who here is going to see Shang Chi this weekend?
    I booked my tickets but I’m wearing a mask and going to a theater that keeps it clean.
    I haven't decided.

Nothing to do with covid (im vaxxed and not that concerned about breakthroughs tbh)

Marvel Studios has pissed me off and I'm not sure I'm over it yet lol. I might just wait for it on D+ just like I am waiting for Widow.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I haven't decided.

Nothing to do with covid (im vaxxed and not that concerned about breakthroughs tbh)

Marvel Studios has pissed me off and I'm not sure I'm over it yet lol. I might just wait for it on D+ just like I am waiting for Widow.
    What did marvel studios do?

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...880171008?s=20

This seems to be implying that the Time Variance Authority might make an appearance in this episode, which is interesting. Clearly if Strange is trying to control time in order to bring back Christine that suggests he could be up against them as much as the Ancient One and other magic users... curious if Mordo will remain good in this universe too.

BANNED

I didn't either, but I really just didn't need to see more of Wanda hurting people with her powers. It wasn't as bad as House of M or Dissassembled but it wasn't really all that better.
    I fail to see why those stories existing means that Wandavision isnt allowed to, and it's really just disingenuous to dress down to just being "Wanda hurting people."
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Chill a bit homey, I don't know why you are being so aggressive.

Episode 1 told a complete story of Captain Carter. Got powered, became a hero, sacrificed herself to save the world.

Episode 2 told a complete story about a missing of Cha-cha. Where he came from, what he was doing, what the mission was, accomplished the mission, and then even went home to wrap up that dangling plot line.
    Episode 1 ends with Carter ending up the future and Episode 2 ends with Ego coming to Earth, neither of these endings are anymore complete than Episode 3 you just like them more.
    I don't think they did it well. her "grief" was one episode (the best episode of the series) and it was done through flash backs.

Lol at Mephisto comment. "It was Agatha all along" is the same thing.
    Her grief was not in one episode, unless you need to flat out told to you, it's throughout the entire show.
    And Agatha didn't even create the Hex she messed with Wanda yet the whole thing was Wanda's doing.

I fail to see why those stories existing means that Wandavision isnt allowed to, and it's really just disingenuous to dress down to just being "Wanda hurting people."
    Well, because they're bad Wanda stories and I think they took the wrong message in terms of trying to make Wanda more in control of it here.

I don't mind the show having Wanda mess up and have flaws. Because it shows her at the beginning of her career. Before she has control over her powers. Before she even knows anything about them. And it's a lot more believable for that, especially right after dealing with grief. It wasn't in comics because it was 15 years after she worked through her grief, knew her children were gone and already had many years of magic experience under her belt. In comics it was a regression. I hope in the MCU, it creates growth. I'm also more accepting of it because it gave Wanda narrative, instead of having her missing or in a coma for most of the time while everyone else gets story. I hope they have her take chaos on and learn to control it like she did earlier on in comics.

Now if they just make her a villain and wreck her there, that will be unforgivable. But at this point, it's not there yet. She's just starting out there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Well, because they're bad Wanda stories and I think they took the wrong message in terms of trying to make Wanda more in control of it here.
    I'm failing to see how, of these stories Wandavision is the only one Wanda actually confronts her grief, and acknowledges what she's done and doesn't use her plot device for other characters.

I'm failing to see how, of these stories Wandavision is the only one Wanda actually confronts her grief, and acknowledges what she's done and doesn't use her plot device for other characters.
    I guess because the consequences and the harming of Wanda's image as a hero are still the same.

Well if people wanted a downer episode in What If?, they got one this week. XD