Page 260 of 775 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360760 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 11619
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who here is going to see Shang Chi this weekend?
    I booked my tickets but I’m wearing a mask and going to a theater that keeps it clean.
    I might, entirely depends on what I end up doing friday though.

The base I live on is pretty small and I don't expect the theater to be all that packed so it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post

Episode 1 ends with Carter ending up the future and Episode 2 ends with Ego coming to Earth, neither of these endings are anymore complete than Episode 3 you just like them more.
    teaser easter eggs =/= part of the story

Loki was part of the story in ep3 and it wasn't even close to resolved.

Keep telling me how I feel though lol

Her grief was not in one episode, unless you need to flat out told to you, it's throughout the entire show.
    And Agatha didn't even create the Hex she messed with Wanda yet the whole thing was Wanda's doing.
    I didn't say Agatha created the Hex. You are projecting.

Just like no one said Mephisto during all the theory stuff created the Hex. All the theories resolved around someone either controlling or manipulating Wanda in the Hex. And Agatha was manipulating her.

The grief was done well in one episode. Since they went with the mystery style plot, they never touched on it enough in any of the other episodes to really feel anything.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mia San Mia!

Today's What IF Episode is fantastic and far, far better than I expected. In fact, I'm surprised that they don't want to use it for Dr. Strange 2. The best thing about this episode is that there is no hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    teaser easter eggs =/= part of the story

Loki was part of the story in ep3 and it wasn't even close to resolved.

Keep telling me how I feel though lol
    By this point you're just intentionally being obtuse, when something ends with the main character going forward into the future or ends with a villain ready to enact his plans with no around to stop that's not an Easter egg that's straight up saying the story isnt over.
    I didn't say Agatha created the Hex. You are projecting.
    You're goalpost shifting.
    Just like no one said Mephisto during all the theory stuff created the Hex. All the theories resolved around someone either controlling or manipulating Wanda in the Hex. And Agatha was manipulating her.
    No, all the theories were someone else created the Hex and brought Wanda into it to manipulate her or get her power.
    None of them were "Wanda created the hex and someone came along to mess up her fake talent show"
    The grief was done well in one episode. Since they went with the mystery style plot, they never touched on it enough in any of the other episodes to really feel anything.
    No it was not done in one episode, you're proving my point that you need something directly to that the show is doing it.

Pretty sure the Mephisto theory was that Wanda made a deal with him to get this fake reality. So he would have made it but she would still have some responsability.

The entire series was about the 5 stages of grief and episodes portrayed the various stages. It’s all there and while it might not be in caps lock and bolder and underlined for the viewer who needs it, it’s threaded through the entire series. The show runner mentioned it all.
    ”We consulted a grief counselor. There is suppressed trauma [Wanda] doesn’t fully recall. Making the spell that creates her insular sitcom world and all that has to be shown to her, so that’s the denial piece, those first three episodes,”
    When she kicks out Monica [a government agent who has infiltrated Westview], that is her first large expression of anger. She’s got a little one against [Vision’s boss], making him choke, and one against [a neighbor], making her break a glass. But the one that sort of knocks her out of denial is that one with Monica because she ... is confronted with the truth of the scenario” she has created.
    Our fifth episode, the ‘Family Ties’ one, is absolutely a bargaining episode. She goes out and confronts [the agents] for the first time, but also confronts Vision for the first time; it leads to this domestic struggle.
    The ‘Modern Family’ episode was always meant to be the depression episode. We thought that that would play well into the tone of the 2000s, 2010s shows — her falling apart and eating, those tropey lady-who-can’t-handle-a-breakup kinds of things, but that’s legitimately what’s going on: standard symptoms of clinical depression.
    Then, of course, everything is ramping toward acceptance at the end, which is the whole point of the show: her acceptance of the truth of her life.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure the Mephisto theory was that Wanda made a deal with him to get this fake reality. So he would have made it but she would still have some responsability.
    I still think that could have worked but I'm fine with what we got

I'm fine with Mephisto having nothing to do with Wanda. His involvement in her life has been greatly over-exaggerated. Since he didn't even send himself to wreck Wanda's life, he originally sent Master Pandemonium. And I don't think they wanted to do baby hands on Disney+.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No one had these "5 stages of grief" theories until the series ended and the directors started spelling it out after the fact.

No it was not done in one episode, you're proving my point that you need something directly to that the show is doing it.
    You are proving my point that you actually aren't reading what I am saying but getting hyped for nothing.

I said "DONE WELL," not done in one episode.

By this point you're just intentionally being obtuse, when something ends with the main character going forward into the future or ends with a villain ready to enact his plans with no around to stop that's not an Easter egg that's straight up saying the story isnt over.
    So you are saying half the Marvel movies aren't complete stories?

TFA ended the same way as episode 1. Ego is no different of a tease than Thanos in Avengers.

episode 3 was more akin to Infinity War....

I don't even care about Mephisto but putting all the responsibility on Wanda didn't work for me because she didn't have any repercussions for it. It was all her fault and yet... "oh well, I got an unearned power up when I mastered chaos magic in 4 minutes off panel, imma go chill in the woods guys, cya later town folk I tortured!"

At least if you had another benefactor, the blame could be shifted a touch so Wanda still comes off a tiny bit heroic.

Today's What IF Episode is fantastic and far, far better than I expected. In fact, I'm surprised that they don't want to use it for Dr. Strange 2. The best thing about this episode is that there is no hope.
    Went from fun cartoon episodes for two episodes to straight up murder and darkness lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-02-2021 at 04:43 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

No one had these "5 stages of grief" theories until the series ended and the directors started spelling it out after the fact.
    It's almost like hindsight is a thing where people can things more in perspective once they have the whole picture.
    You are proving my point that you actually aren't reading what I am saying but getting hyped for nothing.

I said "DONE WELL," not done in one episode.
    Again with the goalpost shifting.
    Before it was "the grief was only in one episode" now it's "the was only done well in one episode."
    Pick one and stick with it.
    So you are saying half the Marvel movies aren't complete stories?

TFA ended the same way as episode 1. Ego is no different of a tease than Thanos in Avengers.

episode 3 was more akin to Infinity War....
    You're proving my point again, you're just designing your own definition of "complete" just to say episode 3 wasn't.

I don't even care about Mephisto but putting all the responsibility on Wanda didn't work for me because she didn't have any repercussions for it. It was all her fault and yet... "oh well, I got an unearned power up when I mastered chaos magic in 4 minutes off panel, imma go chill in the woods guys, cya later town folk I tortured!"

At least if you had another benefactor, the blame could be shifted a touch so Wanda still comes off a tiny bit heroic.
    So basically you're saying Wanda can't be complex character with a morality that goes deeper than "bad =bad" and "good=good".
    And don't tell me she faced no repercussion when she pretty much had to kill her husband and children just to end the Hex.

Who did worse thing, Wanda in WandaVision or Doctor Strange in What If?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doesn't really matter. It's not a competition. Marvel loves their do anything for love tragedies.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I mean, Strange destroyed the universe, so I'm going to say that is worse.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 09-02-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who here is going to see Shang Chi this weekend?
    I booked my tickets but I’m wearing a mask and going to a theater that keeps it clean.
    Won't be seeing it this weekend; anniversary is Saturday and we're renewing our vows, the kids *just* started school, I have a new computer desk to put together and there's just way too much going on for us to see a movie.

But next weekend.....that might happen. I didn't plan on going to the theaters yet, not until people pull the stupid out of their asses, but it doesn't seem so risky when the kids are in school anyway yknow? Plus I really want to support this movie.

Oh, and Strange's actions in What If are *way* worse than what Wanda did. Strange lost one person and destroyed the entire universe for it, after doing a whole ton of other shady crap. Wanda took control of one town for a couple weeks after suffering multiple traumas. It's not even a contest; nobody died under Wanda (though everyone will need lots of therapy) but Strange erased countless lives, not just on earth but on every single planet in his reality. Not even Thanos did as much damage.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-02-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Literally anyone that spoke to me about WandaVision talked about or thought that it might be going through the 5 stages of grief. Some were comic fans and others were casual MCU fans. It's all there and it all makes sense. If it doesn't line up with expectations, that's a whole different thing. Saying that grief was only shown in one episode, well... that's more of an issue with someone's perception of what grief is. It comes in many different forms and has multiple stages and it's all there as the Hex is not just some spell, it's a projection of Wanda's state. It's like when someone says "you don't look sad because you aren't crying" because crying ≠ sadness. It comes in various ways that aren't always so in your face.

And if you didnt get it as it went on, some things are meant to come together at the end.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 09-02-2021 at 02:25 PM.