Page 756 of 775 FirstFirst ... 256656706746752753754755756757758759760766 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't love quippy Ultron.

Wanda: Is that why you've come? To end the Avengers?

Ultron: I've come to save the world. But also...Yeah.

I thought Marvel banter was so good back in the day.

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING! MARVEL STUDIOS SILVER SURFER DISNEY+ SHOW REPORT Fantastic Four Special Presentation

Everything Always

Disney CEO Confirms 1 Key Change to MCU Movies In 2025 & Beyond
    https://thedirect.com/article/disney...es-change-2025

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not keen on the idea of Thunderbolts being used to essentially rush out OG Sentry and get straight to the new ones without any of the interesting Void baggage, from what I have been hearing.

I didn't love quippy Ultron.
    Did you like his Disney singing? Seriously Ultron hadn't even been activate for a full hour before he went Skynet mode. It would have made more sense if one of Iron Man's veteran armors somehow went sentient and had that puppet on a strings mentality. Ultron literally came online and decided he hated humanity.

But yeah, I think quippy Ultron was where the overreliance on quips really started to show it's flaws. Ultron does have a robotic dark sense of humor but he's not exactly quippy. If they went meta with it, Ultron would record ever quip the Avengers made and fire it back at them with the recordings of their voices just to show how annoying it can be. It would be a modern take on AI generated content. MCU did Ultron too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Not keen on the idea of Thunderbolts being used to essentially rush out OG Sentry and get straight to the new ones without any of the interesting Void baggage, from what I have been hearing.
    I don't love the idea of Thunderbolts being mostly a stealth Black Widow sequel either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Did you like his Disney singing? Seriously Ultron hadn't even been activate for a full hour before he went Skynet mode. It would have made more sense if one of Iron Man's veteran armors somehow went sentient and had that puppet on a strings mentality. Ultron literally came online and decided he hated humanity.

But yeah, I think quippy Ultron was where the overreliance on quips really started to show it's flaws. Ultron does have a robotic dark sense of humor but he's not exactly quippy. If they went meta with it, Ultron would record ever quip the Avengers made and fire it back at them with the recordings of their voices just to show how annoying it can be. It would be a modern take on AI generated content. MCU did Ultron too soon.
    Well, he basically processed an immense amount of information about the human race online and his programming viewed the human race as a threat. I didn't find that odd. I think some of the humor was off, but I sort of liked the idea that something that intelligent but that new to the world would have a lot of information that would be difficult to reconcile with its programming and would come across as sort of rambling and erratic when it spoke. It's thoughts would probably really insane and alien to us in a way.

I'm fairly critical of the MCU, but I felt like Ultron is an underrated villain. Spader's voice giving those weird, angry rants in a robotic intonation sold him for me. The idea of a hyperintelligent computer system being driven insane is very interesting to me.

I don't love the idea of Thunderbolts being mostly a stealth Black Widow sequel either.
    Don't worry, Thunderbolts will not be a stealth Black Widow sequel, it will be a Suicide Squad/The Boys steal.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Well, he basically processed an immense amount of information about the human race online and his programming viewed the human race as a threat. I didn't find that odd. I think some of the humor was off, but I sort of liked the idea that something that intelligent but that new to the world would have a lot of information that would be difficult to reconcile with its programming and would come across as sort of rambling and erratic when it spoke. It's thoughts would probably really insane and alien to us in a way.

I'm fairly critical of the MCU, but I felt like Ultron is an underrated villain. Spader's voice giving those weird, angry rants in a robotic intonation sold him for me. The idea of a hyperintelligent computer system being driven insane is very interesting to me.
    He just felt kind of underwhelming to me coming off of Ultron in EMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Don't worry, Thunderbolts will not be a stealth Black Widow sequel, it will be a Suicide Squad/The Boys steal.
    With plenty of Yelena Belova .

BANNED

Well, EMH is a pretty high bar to clear. One of my favorite animated superhero shows ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Well, EMH is a pretty high bar to clear. One of my favorite animated superhero shows ever.
    Hard same .

BANNED

I swear no issue with Yelena being a major character I'm Thunderbolts, she's a cool character, and of the cast she makes the most sense as protagonist.
    And having her involved doesn't make it a Black Sequel, we don't call the Avengers movie Iron Man and Captain America sequels because they both get a lot of screentime in them.

Yelena Belova is great (Pugh never fails to deliver), but even that character seemed to be borrowing heavily from elsewhere in the Hawkeye series (it felt like the writers had just been watching Killing Eve, her conversation with Kate was very Villanelle imo). All the studios look to see what's working for the other guy and then make their own version.

BANNED

I doubt the idea behind Yelena was to be a version of this character.
    This just kind of sounds like two things had female assassin characters in them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    I swear no issue with Yelena being a major character I'm Thunderbolts, she's a cool character, and of the cast she makes the most sense as protagonist.
    And having her involved doesn't make it a Black Sequel, we don't call the Avengers movie Iron Man and Captain America sequels because they both get a lot of screentime in them.
    I like Yelena too but having Red Guardian and Taskmaster (and even the mom, I think) skews this pretty heavily towards feeling like a direct continuation of Black Widow with some supporting characters rather than a new IP, or something that deserves the Thunderbolts name.

Extraordinary Member

I see why people are worried about it being a BW sequel in all but name. But my concerns go more toward other issues. Was never a fan of Taskmaster in the MCU so bringing her back doesn't sit well with me. And for more than that fact of the gender swap. She was blown up and then mentally controlled to be an assassin...how about she NOT be put in the field like this but getting psychological help? I also really don't want to see RG portrayed as the fat, drunk and stupid character from the BW movie but more of a capable soldier. And from other things I am hearing about the focus on Yelena...I think a team movie needs to be about the team...not focused on any one or two characters with all the others shuffled to the back ground.

Plus there is the idea of this group going after Evil Superman Pastiche.

For me replace Taskmaster with Trish / Hellcat in a proper costume and put them against a more believable villain.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-03-2024 at 03:57 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?