Page 731 of 775 FirstFirst ... 231631681721727728729730731732733734735741 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Majors is indeed gone, he's been sacked.
    https://deadline.com/2023/12/jonatha...ct-1235671790/
    That was quick. Bet everyone now is going to blame him all of the Marvel/MCU problems.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That was quick. Bet everyone now is going to blame him all of the Marvel/MCU problems.
    Majors is one guy Feige needs to do background checks on these guys.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I hope they just recast. It would feel very unsatisfying to end Kang's journey with Quantumania and Loki. I guess Loki did a good job in terms of establishing that Loki replaced He Who Remains as the ''God Of Time'', but Quantumania obviously left more to be explored. I mean, they literally announced a whole Avengers movie to wrap up the Kang saga. I'm fine if they scrap any plans they had beyond that (like maybe Kang having a role in Secret Wars), but I think at least The Kang Dynasty needs to have a proper conclusion with, you know, Kang himself. Recasting a character that has multiple variants should be the least controversial thing a studio can do.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just drop the whole Kang angle. Since Marvel is so interconnected and watching all the connected movies is still important they may want to distance themselves from anything associated with Majors.

Even if they recast, people will still want to go back and watch the connected Kang storyline which now includes a guy found guilty of beating his girlfriend.

Regarding recasting Majors as Kang or replacing Kang for the purposes of existing story to move the MCU forward - given the existence of Sylvie as a popular (?) gender swapped Loki variant, maybe they can mine that odd Kang-Nebula (sometimes blue skinned by NOT Thanos Daughter Nebula IIRC - frightfully confusing at the time - thanks Walt Simonson!-and may have since been blended with the Ravonna Renslayer character) from AVENGERS Vol 1 #290s and make a go of her... Stranger things...

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-18-2023 at 04:44 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Really hate the idea of them rushing and messing up Doom for the sake of Majors. But they’re screwed either way. New actor will get compared to Majors, whilst a Doom actor gets possibly messed around with, still gets compared to Kang and Majors and gets shifted up to god tier way too quickly and even more awfully taken off the board afterwards. I personally would hate that.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they just drop the whole Kang angle. Since Marvel is so interconnected and watching all the connected movies is still important they may want to distance themselves from anything associated with Majors.

Even if they recast, people will still want to go back and watch the connected Kang storyline which now includes a guy found guilty of beating his girlfriend.
    People will still go back and watch a guy found guilty of domestic violence as long as Loki and Quantumania are available for streaming and physical/digital purchase. There is no way to erase the contribution Jonathan Majors had in the MCU unless they just vow to remove access to those specific productions for perpetuity, which I doubt they would do. At the end of the day, corporation's main goal is still to make money.

I mean, Disney still promotes Jack Sparrow and has people dressing up as him for their parks, years after Johnny Depp was fired for similar reasons. That doesn't sound like the kind of company that wants to bury everything related to a problematic actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I think the interconnection has been counterproductive for this phase. People don't want to feel obligued to do homework by seeing the Disney+ series. Most simply don't see them. And when they go to the cinema they feel lost. Any change you do with Kang you must do it in the movies and leave the series as complement but not as series you are obligued to see to understand an story.

Only hardcore fans do that and those are always a numeric minority.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Really hate the idea of them rushing and messing up Doom for the sake of Majors. But they’re screwed either way. New actor will get compared to Majors, whilst a Doom actor gets possibly messed around with, still gets compared to Kang and Majors and gets shifted up to god tier way too quickly and even more awfully taken off the board afterwards. I personally would hate that.
    Why don't use what you already have in play and make Carol Danvers the villian? She even got a cool name as villian: "the Annihilator". It would be a better twist.

It would be funny to see the MCU ditch the character entirely.

You thought you’d seen the last of Kang? Well, you were right. Ant-Man killed him and saved the multiverse. The Council of Kangs exploded offscreen. The End.

I should mention with Doom they also have to decide with the situation in Eastern Europe these days vs how badly Fox handled the character’s origins TWICE how faithful they want the character to be to comic Doom.

Honestly if I ran Marvel Studios I would have had Boris running about for a while now setting up schemes for the master already like an anti Coulson.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I should mention with Doom they also have to decide with the situation in Eastern Europe these days vs how badly Fox handled the character’s origins TWICE how faithful they want the character to be to comic Doom.

Honestly if I ran Marvel Studios I would have had Boris running about for a while now setting up schemes for the master already like an anti Coulson.
    Ot go with Galactus. That could tie back to the Eternals.

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to agree with who said Evil Iron Man or, if they can't get him, Evil Strange, or Hydra Cap, or Evil Anybody Else They Can Get.

While I think the decision to make Wanda the villain of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness caused the downward spiral of the MCU, they probably still think people enjoyed seeing familiar heroes chew the scenery as villains. They've already had brief glimpses of three evil versions of Strange (two in MoM, one in What If). It solves the problem of how to make the audience care about a villain and plays into the only thing anyone likes about the Multiverse, the ability to see alternate versions of familiar characters or guest stars from other Marvel movies.

There have already been two movies with Doctor Doom, and I don't think bringing a new Doom in would solve anything. To most moviegoers, a "big" comic book villain is no bigger than a minor one. Doom is not the answer to their woes any more than the X-Men are (unless it's a huge star like Jackman/Wolverine).
    Last edited by gurkle; 12-18-2023 at 06:05 PM.

If he wasn’t supposed to be the villain of the Fantastic Four film I would suggest replacing Kang Dynasty with Coming of Galactus and have multiple teams fighting him. Galactus was involved with Secret Wars so his inclusion makes sense.

I could see them doing AVX instead though, albeit with the multiverse angle.