Page 472 of 761 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't mind post credit cameo stuff.

The in-the-show/movie stuff is grating though.

and yes, I didn't like spider-man in CW.

Evan Peters is 100% the worst offender of this though. It literally existed to troll.

Surprisingly, I didn't mind the Peters cameo. Do you remember an obscure little sitcom from the 90s called the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? There was an important member of the main cast, Aunt Viv, who was recast in that show, and the rest of the cast pretended like NOTHING happened. So I feel that WandaVision was just riffing on that a little bit and I thought it was funny. Besides, I think the creators of WandaVision were just "paying tribute" to another famous sitcom from the 80s, Growing Pains, by including a character named "Boner" in it. Sure it was trolling, but I found it to be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Perhaps I sounded a little more harsher than normal with my previous comments and I regret that. It's just that I finally saw the MoM yesterday, and I consider it to be EASILY the worst entry in the MCU in my opinion. I had my problems with the Eternals, but at least I felt it was a labor of love for Zhao and she was really passionate about that project (and she tried her best to make it as different and new as possible). Strange 2 was just dreck for the entire two hours and it added nothing to the MCU. Sam Jackson's post-credit appearance in Iron Man was easily the best best post-credit scene in MCU history. But it felt natural to me. Him surprising RDJ in his "palace" to talk about the Avengers Initiative intrigued people's interest. Julia Louis-Dreyfus's intro was fun, but it felt like a weaker imitation of the Jackson's to me. Clea's intro was the worst one in my opinion. Her appearance felt like a Hallmark movie to me. Strange's love of his life gets married to somebody else, and then while lonely Strange is trying to recover from that loss, a brand new woman walks into his life outta nowhere. CHEESY!

I could live with Parker's introduction in Civil War because Spider-Man is probably now the world's most famous comic book character. I feel Disney had to bring him in sooner or later and I think the Russos did a fairly job with his intro (Black Panther's intro was WAY better though). I agree with you about the cameos from "other universes". If She-Hulk brought in characters like Doc Sampson or Betty Ross, I would be thrilled. The Hulk "franchise" needs more love and I want it to get more attention. It's already too late for Thunderbolt Ross. There's just too much talk about DD and JJ possibly appearing in this series for my liking. I'm happy for the performers if they DO appear, but I never watched the Netflix stuff so it wouldn't be a comic book "boner moment" for me). The cameos in NWH made sense and Disney/Sony to their credit made them work brilliantly in my opinion. I wasn't thrilled about the Murdock one because that movie just completely dispensed with the the loss of Spider-Man's secret identity in favor of multiversal shenanigans and it would have been cool seeing Matt defend Peter in court. THAT would have been a natural follow-up to Far from Home. Now it's too late to do that kind of film.

I don't think the MCU is collapsing. Box office numbers certainly wouldn't indicate that at all. But it's clearly not as big a part of the cultural zeitgeist as it was even a few months ago. Whatever people's feelings about WandaVision and NWH, they were big successes for Disney/Marvel last year and cemented the MCU's place as top dog in Hollywood in 2021. But I don't feel the same way about the MCU right now. I think we know which film is DOMINATING the box office and cultural discussions right now. Hint: It's not the Multiverse of Madness. I think Disney was getting cocky, talking about how their Marvel movies were gonna "save cinema" in the wake of the pandemic, but since they got their asses fucking kicked by TGM, Marvel Studios execs have gone completely quiet. I thought Strange 2 was one of the laziest efforts put forward by the MCU ever, and I think Marvel Studios should change course quickly in order to regain the goodwill of fans that they have disappointed in Phase Four. It's not too late!
    I am glad Top Gun is a success. It dispells the notion Comic Book movies are the only successful movies and will make Disney rethink their future films.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I am glad Top Gun is a success. It dispells the notion Comic Book movies are the only successful movies and will make Disney rethink their future films.
    Me too. Not hating on Disney/Marvel, but their movies and shows are getting more and more "busy" and convoluted as time goes on. Their stories are starting to feel messy like the comic books upon which they are based, and I think it's definitely turning lots of people off. From what I understand TGM told a fairly straight-forward and uncomplicated story that appealed to a very WIDE audience. MCU movies used to do that. Doctor Strange 2 was a terribly contrived movie and I watched it purely out of obligation. I actually think the mixed reception to the MoM might be hurting Ms. Marvel's viewership numbers. And it might actually damage Thor 4's prospects as well. I think Feige and his team made a HORRIBLE mistake by greenlighting this movie.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-23-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think releasing Ms. Marvel next to Obi-Wan was a big mistake.

Maybe it's a psychological thing but after I finish a series on a streaming channel, I just zone out and move on to something else.

Also, there's some controversy building with the revelation that Kamala is a "djinn" or something in the series. To most Muslims, that's basically recognizing idolatry which is a very, very big no-no. *sigh*...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    But a show has to be successful when it is released. Incredible Hulk is a poor example since it never got a sequel.
    Exactly.

I think the whole rush to streaming is causing an "IP stretch" for Disney.

They made the very odd decision to release virtually on their last Pixar movies (before Lightspeed) to Disney Plus and now we have this thing with Marvel where TV series are connecting directly to movies. Marvel in particular is starting to lose a bit of its luster because there's a little much of the content right now.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-23-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Perhaps I sounded a little more harsher than normal with my previous comments and I regret that. It's just that I finally saw the MoM yesterday, and I consider it to be EASILY the worst entry in the MCU in my opinion. I had my problems with the Eternals, but at least I felt it was a labor of love for Zhao and she was really passionate about that project (and she tried her best to make it as different and new as possible). Strange 2 was just dreck for the entire two hours and it added nothing to the MCU. Sam Jackson's post-credit appearance in Iron Man was easily the best best post-credit scene in MCU history. But it felt natural to me. Him surprising RDJ in his "palace" to talk about the Avengers Initiative intrigued people's interest. Julia Louis-Dreyfus's intro was fun, but it felt like a weaker imitation of the Jackson's to me. Clea's intro was the worst one in my opinion. Her appearance felt like a Hallmark movie to me. Strange's love of his life gets married to somebody else, and then while lonely Strange is trying to recover from that loss, a brand new woman walks into his life outta nowhere. CHEESY!

I could live with Parker's introduction in Civil War because Spider-Man is probably now the world's most famous comic book character. I feel Disney had to bring him in sooner or later and I think the Russos did a fairly job with his intro (Black Panther's intro was WAY better though). I agree with you about the cameos from "other universes". If She-Hulk brought in characters like Doc Sampson or Betty Ross, I would be thrilled. The Hulk "franchise" needs more love and I want it to get more attention. It's already too late for Thunderbolt Ross. There's just too much talk about DD and JJ possibly appearing in this series for my liking. I'm happy for the performers if they DO appear, but I never watched the Netflix stuff so it wouldn't be a comic book "boner moment" for me). The cameos in NWH made sense and Disney/Sony to their credit made them work brilliantly in my opinion. I wasn't thrilled about the Murdock one because that movie just completely dispensed with the the loss of Spider-Man's secret identity in favor of multiversal shenanigans and it would have been cool seeing Matt defend Peter in court. THAT would have been a natural follow-up to Far from Home. Now it's too late to do that kind of film.

I don't think the MCU is collapsing. Box office numbers certainly wouldn't indicate that at all. But it's clearly not as big a part of the cultural zeitgeist as it was even a few months ago. Whatever people's feelings about WandaVision and NWH, they were big successes for Disney/Marvel last year and cemented the MCU's place as top dog in Hollywood in 2021. But I don't feel the same way about the MCU at the moment. I think we know which film is DOMINATING the box office and cultural discussions right now. Hint: It's not the Multiverse of Madness. I think Disney was getting cocky, talking about how their Marvel movies were gonna "save cinema" in the wake of the pandemic, but since they got their asses fucking kicked by TGM, Marvel Studios execs have gone completely silent. I thought Strange 2 was one of the laziest efforts put forward by the MCU ever, and I think Marvel Studios should change course quickly in order to regain the goodwill of fans that they have disappointed in Phase Four. It's not too late!
    You know what I totally get venting frustrations post MoM. That was the first MCU movie i was in where I actively wanted it to end while I was in the theatre. I do think the MCU needs to go back to having clear climaxes within their phases. Right now every project is honestly a toss up in terms of quality, and I can’t even be like “at least they’re all teaming up in the next one!”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You know what I totally get venting frustrations post MoM. That was the first MCU movie i was in where I actively wanted it to end while I was in the theatre. I do think the MCU needs to go back to having clear climaxes within their phases. Right now every project is honestly a toss up in terms of quality, and I can’t even be like “at least they’re all teaming up in the next one!”
    It must have been worse for you. At least I had closed-captioning so I could understand what the characters were saying throughout the whole movie. It's such a shame because I loved the first Strange picture. I think having climaxes in their phases would help. But I wouldn't mind them being absent if their movies and shows weren't so bloated and convoluted. There are just too many storylines and characters being introduced in this phase at this point. I don't know how many teams Marvel Studios is creating for the future. All I know is that I think they'll be too many of them. It was already pretty crowded with JUST the Avengers and the Guardians in the first three phases.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I don't think the MCU is collapsing. Box office numbers certainly wouldn't indicate that at all. But it's clearly not as big a part of the cultural zeitgeist as it was even a few months ago. Whatever people's feelings about WandaVision and NWH, they were big successes for Disney/Marvel last year and cemented the MCU's place as top dog in Hollywood in 2021. But I don't feel the same way about the MCU at the moment. I think we know which film is DOMINATING the box office and cultural discussions right now. Hint: It's not the Multiverse of Madness. I think Disney was getting cocky, talking about how their Marvel movies were gonna "save cinema" in the wake of the pandemic, but since they got their asses fucking kicked by TGM, Marvel Studios execs have gone completely silent. I thought Strange 2 was one of the laziest efforts put forward by the MCU ever, and I think Marvel Studios should change course quickly in order to regain the goodwill of fans that they have disappointed in Phase Four. It's not too late!
    1. Guess what also isn't being discussed right now? The Batman. What about when that movie was just came out? Spider-Man: No Way Home. Dune also wasn't being talked about when that movie was in theaters. Do you honestly expect people to be talking about a particular piece of entertainment for months on end?

2. I'm REALLY interested to see what you post about when Avatar 2 comes out and DOMINATES the 2022 box office.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 06-24-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    1. Guess what also isn't being discussed right now? The Batman. What about when that movie was just came out? Spider-Man: No Way Home. Dune also wasn't being talked about when that movie was in theaters. Do you honestly expect people to be talking about a particular piece of entertainment for months on end?

2. I'm REALLY interested to see what you post about when Avatar 2 comes out and DOMINATES the 2022 box office.
    Avatar 2 will dominate what remains of 2022 at the box office. But it will deserve it. Because Cameron has been working on a sequel for THIRTEEN YEARS! The quality will be high because he is going to be doing one movie every two years for the next little while. Cruise waited DECADES to make a sequel to Top Gun because he thought he couldn't do it justice until now. The MCU's quality will inevitably dip if they do six movies and six shows in the same time period. At this point Marvel Studios is just vomiting out content. Apparently some of it is very good, like Ms. Marvel. But that gets lost in the shuffle because they already released like twenty things before that on Disney Plus. And let's be real dawg, people stopped giving two shits about the MoM a week after it came out. TGM is making a killing at the box office. EVERY single YouTube review of the MoM I've watched favors EEAAO over Strange 2. A movie like Strange 2 was easily the most anticipated movie of this summer. People should be buzzing about it for WEEKS after its release. I wanted it to be good. I loved the first one. I enjoyed WandaVision. NWH was fantastic. The table was set for a HUGE blockbuster, but it was SUCH a let down. At least Jaime Lee Curtis and Michelle Yeoh were apparently willing to do so many of their own stunts in EEAAO (and those broads are not kids anymore). And I was really impressed to learn how the cast of TGM went through such EXTREME training in order to get ready to make that film. The MoM's creators couldn't even be bothered to watch WandaVision. The makers of TGM and EEAAO respected the fans FAR more than the makers of Strange 2 EVER did. I think Disney/Marvel got lazy and took their audiences for granted. And the reason that happened is because they're stretched too thin and are trying to do too much. I'm looking forward to Love & Thunder. It SHOULD be a lot of fun. Having no multiversal shenanigans and pointless cameos of Marvel characters from other studios should make it even better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think releasing Ms. Marvel next to Obi-Wan was a big mistake.

Maybe it's a psychological thing but after I finish a series on a streaming channel, I just zone out and move on to something else.
    I find it odd that some critics are defending Ms. Marvel's low viewership because of the same release date of Obi-Wan. Both shows are only 45 minutes or less minus end credits. Do most households only have time to watch one episode a week?

I like the show but it's geared towards teenage females. No wonder most older males wouldn't be interested in Ms. Marvel. Just generalizing but not surprised at the low viewership. Not to mention a brand new IP with no guest appearances to help(maybe there will be one in the last three episodes).

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Ms. Marvel Suffers Poor Viewership vs. Other MCU Disney+ Shows
    https://thedirect.com/article/ms-mar...u-disney-shows
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

WandaVision: 1.6 Million

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: 1.8 Million

Loki: 2.5 Million

What If..?: 281k (first-day audiences)

Hawkeye: 1.5 Million

Moon Knight: 1.8 Million
    Ouch... 775K is ROUGH.

I still don't understand why they released this show the same time as Obi-Won though. Why are they competing with themselves?
    No surprise there.

-New character.

-Debuted in a D+ show and not a billion dollar cross over movie.

-Niche audience.

-Not played by a big name star like Oscar Isaac nor does it star any popular actors like Ethan Hawke.

-Show came out at the same time as a big Star Wars show.

-Inflation, meaning people are clutching to their wallets a bit more tightly.

I imagine if CM2 does well, this show would get a bump later on since it's all on streaming now.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Disney+ Reveals New MCU Timeline Order With Doctor Strange 2
    https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...imeline-disney

Spider-Man: Homecoming takes place in between Black Panther and Doctor Strange.

From Endgame onward, the stories take place in this order

Avengers: Endgame
    Loki
    What If...?
    WandaVision
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    Eternals
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    Hawkeye
    Moon Knight
    Ms. Marvel
    They have Homecoming on there but not FFH or NWH?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Also, there's some controversy building with the revelation that Kamala is a "djinn" or something in the series. To most Muslims, that's basically recognizing idolatry which is a very, very big no-no. *sigh*...
    That's not idolatry. Idolatry is about recognizing and worshiping Gods from other religions. Which is a huge no-no in Islam since the basis of the religion is acknowledging Allah as your only God. It would be idolatry if she was worshiping djinns which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Still, Kamala's lucky she has progressive secular parents and living in the US. If she was stuck in the conservative crazy parts of the Islamic world (like I am), she would be undergoing Ruqya right now (the Islamic version of exorcism).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's not idolatry. Idolatry is about recognizing and worshiping Gods from other religions. Which is a huge no-no in Islam since the basis of the religion is acknowledging Allah as your only God. It would be idolatry if she was worshiping djinns which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Still, Kamala's lucky she has progressive secular parents and living in the US. If she was stuck in the conservative crazy parts of the Islamic world (like I am), she would be undergoing Ruqya right now (the Islamic version of exorcism).
    I always chuckle seeing Kamala with a white boy in her room with the door closed in a Muslim household. I remember by best friends family wouldn't even allow his sister to come out with us let alone hang out in her room.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I always chuckle seeing Kamala with a white boy in her room with the door closed in a Muslim household. I remember by best friends family wouldn't even allow his sister to come out with us let alone hang out in her room.
    Her parents were not that trusting in the comics. Lol