Page 445 of 774 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 11603
    Extraordinary Member

Here is some talk about folks wanting more marvel and star wars.
    Marvel & Star Wars are to be Blames for New Disney+ Changes
    Last edited by mace11; 05-16-2022 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Between MoM and Eternals is clear that Marvel wants to experiment more but I'm not sure if this is what their fans want. I think the fans want more NWH type movies than MoM.
    These are the that fans wanted Ben Affleck's Daredevil, Nicolas Cage's Ghost Rider, all three Spider-men, and Tom Cruise as Iron Man to be shoved into a Doctor Strange film. They don't deserve to have what they want, because what they want is terrible.

Harsh but true. You can't always give the fans what they want. Especially if it gets in the way of good story telling.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    These are the that fans wanted Ben Affleck's Daredevil, Nicolas Cage's Ghost Rider, all three Spider-men, and Tom Cruise as Iron Man to be shoved into a Doctor Strange film. They don't deserve to have what they want, because what they want is terrible.
    truer words have never been spoken.

fan service is the worst, let creators create.

if fans were good at making stories they would be writers.

So much pessimism in this thread lol. Mind if we change the subject for a bit and talk about things we liked in the movie? So many fun sequences, my favorite might be the random fight scene between Christine and the souls of the damned. That was the perfect blend of cheesy and cool that only Raimi can pull off.
    I liked the beginning, the music notes fight, Strange having an actually smart plan by using his counterpart's corpse, and those spirits pissed off with with Strange for using a corpse were cool too, Olsen's acting is great even if the character is bland, which makes me hope her hands are fine after this, they must've been hurt after carrying the whole movie .

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Between MoM and Eternals is clear that Marvel wants to experiment more but I'm not sure if this is what their fans want. I think the fans want more NWH type movies than MoM.
    Strange 2 had decent ideas that were screwed over by a meh script, its problems aren't the direction they want to take, but how they went about it.

I mean ****, evil Wanda could be interesting if they did it well, but what I got from the movie was feeling impressed at how good of an actress Olsen is, while simultaneously bored of the character she's playing, I'm not sure I ever felt like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    if fans were good at making stories they would be writers.
    Some become writers, whether or not they do an actual good job at it is a flip of a coin .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-16-2022 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Yeah, these movies are made for a Disney audience. I thought MoM was one of their best installments because they used their power of building story, a legacy director, and finally had a decent villain. Thanos was campy until he appeared in Infinity War and we had to believe his reasoning because the movie was made to hight the super heroes and their loss. The villains were very secondary. Endgame was also about the heroes copping with loss and not a good villain.

The Scarlet Witch is a character they built up, like they did the heroes in IW and Endgame, but the villain this time, and we actually felt something this time and rooted for her to get her damned kids (no pun intended) that she deserved after facing loss after loss in the movies. She's the only hero in the MCU to ever lose so much as a consequence of being a superheroine also. Everyone else lost friends like Hawkeye, but not all of their family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Harsh but true. You can't always give the fans what they want. Especially if it gets in the way of good story telling.
    I mean, they can give Dr.Strange fans what they want by making the movie mainly anout him.
    Fans are not a monolith, they have subgroups that have conflicting interests.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah, these movies are made for a Disney audience. I thought MoM was one of their best installments because they used their power of building story, a legacy director, and finally had a decent villain. Thanos was campy until he appeared in Infinity War and we had to believe his reasoning because the movie was made to hight the super heroes and their loss. The villains were very secondary. Endgame was also about the heroes copping with loss and not a good villain.

The Scarlet Witch is a character they built up, like they did the heroes in IW and Endgame, but the villain this time, and we actually felt something this time and rooted for her to get her damned kids (no pun intended) that she deserved after facing loss after loss in the movies. She's the only hero in the MCU to ever lose so much as a consequence of being a superheroine also. Everyone else lost friends like Hawkeye, but not all of their family.
    Lol, I just wish she disappear and never exist to spare myself the pain of seeing her butchered.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, they can give Dr.Strange fans what they want by making the movie mainly anout him.
    Fans are not a monolith, they have subgroups that have conflicting interests.
    I haven't seen anyone in here at least complain it wasn't a cameo fest.

So it is weird someone even brought that up tbh. It is just moving goal posts.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Lol, I just wish she disappear and never exist to spare myself the pain of seeing her butchered.
    It was the most interesting thing the MCU has done. I would just log off and not worry about it anymore. They aren't going to change her. It's just going to keep being annoying for someone who doesn't like where she's going. I checked out for a while and it was for the best. The most you'll be doing is sharing some fan art and alternate covers to remind yourself of who she was in the 90's. When they do change her, you could always buy her stuff again.

For everyone else though, I think they'll bring her back in some way, at least in Disney media. I don't think comic writers know how do deal with any repercussions of writing her wrong, so they just ignore her and use her as a plot device. Doing too much with her character in comics is risky.

As a standalone thing for the general audience, she is probably going to be iconic unless they read online articles telling them what they should really think.

I just talked to a patient that saw "whatever that movie is called, Strange or something?"

Never saw the first one, only saw "a few" of the other marvel movies. Said she was "forced to go"

And she said "it was good!" and "the bad guy girl" was really cool.

So.... yeah.... her 15 dollar ticket is the same profit as any of us lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You can't always give the fans what they want.
    But if you try sometimes, you might find, you can give fans what they need.

I had no problems with how they handed Scarlet Witch and fully enjoyed the movie. As for cameos, I did expect more, but I can't complain about what I did get, and by that I mean Bruce Campbell and "the Classic".

The Illuminati was also pretty cool. I loved how they played the 90s X-men theme when we saw Xavier. I also liked how Dr. Strange thought the Fantastic Four was a band. I don't know if that was a deliberate callback to No Way Home when the other Spider-men thought the Avengers was a band, but it felt like one.

I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of Scarlet Witch in the MCU either, but that's just a hunch. She's probabaly going to lay low for a while if she does return.

exactly. Should they all be dispatched by the new and improved evil Wanda as well?
    I'm very unhappy with this movie I have not seen, but including all that crap would have made it suck more.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Motown in the early '60s had a band called the Fantastic Four: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fantastic_Four_(band)

I lived in Detroit in 1965 but don't remember them very well.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It was the most interesting thing the MCU has done. I would just log off and not worry about it anymore. They aren't going to change her. It's just going to keep being annoying for someone who doesn't like where she's going. I checked out for a while and it was for the best. The most you'll be doing is sharing some fan art and alternate covers to remind yourself of who she was in the 90's. When they do change her, you could always buy her stuff again.

For everyone else though, I think they'll bring her back in some way, at least in Disney media. I don't think comic writers know how do deal with any repercussions of writing her wrong, so they just ignore her and use her as a plot device. Doing too much with her character in comics is risky.

As a standalone thing for the general audience, she is probably going to be iconic unless they read online articles telling them what they should really think.
    Lol no. People can voice when they are unhappy with something and you can choose not to read it. It was a cheap, campy horror flick that didn't do really anything to push anyone's story forward. And they could have introduced incursions in a one-shot or Spidey's movie.

This movie only serves bringing Raimi back into movies. And some of his fans are getting as bad as Snyder fans. So I'm not sure if that was a good thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.