Page 315 of 761 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 11410

I watched Black Widow this morning and enjoyed it alot. I was iffy on the prequel aspect but it sold me on it. The estranged family dynamic works. Yelena is great and I'm looking forward to her becoming the next Black (or White) Widow. Dreykov is alright- he's not the worst MCU villian but not the best.

I didn't mind their interpretation of Taskmaster but I don't have a dog in that fight.

Astonishing Member

I thought is was okay. The family parts were the best, nastaha falling off building and then just walking it off, not so much. I was half expecting a reveal that the widow got the super solider serum to explain things.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I already explained it. Psychic is never in anyway true. Despite beliefs and stereotypes that Romani are psychic. Magic is at least in someway true. But still shouldn't be linked to genetics and shouldn't be used for all or even most Romani characters.
    No offense, but there are some logic pretzels here. You don’t like mcu wanda’s ‘psychic’ powers, fine, you prefer it to be magic based, fine, and psychics are over used, that’s also fine. But you can’t say telepathy and telekinesis are Romani stereotypes, because they’re not (they aren’t stereotypes of anyone, except maybe redheads in X-men comics, lol.) By all means continue to like magic Wanda and dislike TP/TK Wanda, that’s your right as a fan, but no need to bring things that don’t apply.

Honestly, I thought one of the reasons marvel didn’t make Wanda romani the MCU, was because they didn’t want the criticisms of using ‘magic’ stereotypes for a Romani character. So she became ‘made-up country’ Eastern European.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-19-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Proper ratio and placement of exposed skin?
    Doesn't sound like hip holes to me. A lot of female superhero fashion seems more about sexualization than fashion or function from a female perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Marvel Universe is so vast with so many stories and characters. I'm glad people will see more than X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Avengers, etc. They're good, but Disney is trying to get into niche/indie type characters with their millions of Disney dollars.

I think Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange opened the door for less popular Marvel characters getting the green light.

Maybe the Eternals bashing will stop when more people see the movie (maybe not). Disney spent millions to make this work.
    You mean you don't like seeing the same 5 guys forever? Or think only they deserve to be popular and fans of other superheroes should shut up?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I thought is was okay. The family parts were the best, nastaha falling off building and then just walking it off, not so much. I was half expecting a reveal that the widow got the super solider serum to explain things.

No offense, but there are some logic pretzels here. You don’t like mcu wanda’s ‘psychic’ powers, fine, you prefer it to be magic based, fine, and psychics are over used, that’s also fine. But you can’t say telepathy and telekinesis are Romani stereotypes, because they’re not (they aren’t stereotypes of anyone, except maybe redheads in X-men comics, lol.) By all means continue to like magic Wanda and dislike TP/TK Wanda, that’s your right as a fan, but no need to bring things that don’t apply.

Honestly, I thought one of the reasons marvel didn’t make Wanda romani the MCU, was because they didn’t want the criticisms of using ‘magic’ stereotypes for a Romani character. So she became ‘made-up country’ Eastern European.
    No my greatest preference would be for Marvel to create more characters that don't have the typical stereotypes. Period. But adopting more does no favors. They obviously are not gonna separate her from magic, so make it separate from her family. Don't do like Robinson did and link it genetically.

That could be why they didn't make her Romani in the MCU, but also they didn't make any non-stereotypical characters Romani either. Often times it's more of a misunderstanding of Romani in Hollywood. Because it is a Hollywood wide issue. Also like I said, there is a form of magic that some Romani do take on. But it is not quite the same. There are no psychic abilities. Still most or all having magic would still be a stereotype. Which is why I want them to create Romani characters without any of it.

Psychic is absolutely a stereotype for Romani when the typical "Psychic Charlatans, Roving Shoplifters, and Traveling Con Artists" type accusations still exist. I never brought up telekinesis...

Also, again I said I'm fine with MCU Wanda's powers. As long as the nightmare powers are minor. Also she's not Romani in that universe so...
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-19-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Doesn't sound like hip holes to me. A lot of female superhero fashion seems more about sexualization than fashion or function from a female perspective
    Personally the hip holes never seemed all that sexualized, at least the way the artists draw it. Compared to how skintight her costume is anyways at least.

The holes seemed more for style than sexualization. I don't think sexualization was the aim for Kate. But I also don't expect that costume in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yet the advertising of the movie tries to say Avengers as much as possible.

So weird lol
    Eh, it's a Hollywood thing. Famous director makes movie, every bit of hype about it has to point out that he's the director of famous movies X, Y and Z, even if *this* movie has nothing to do with *those* movies.

These Avengers references are just the modern way of a trailer saying 'From the team that brought you the Avengers!' now that the guy with the famous voice that did all those voice-overs has died.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The holes seemed more for style than sexualization. I don't think sexualization was the aim for Kate. But I also don't expect that costume in the MCU.
    Well, the concept art for the show had them in a reasonable form, but what she has in the show feels prototype-y to me.

Well, the concept art for the show had them in a reasonable form, but what she has in the show feels prototype-y to me.
    I could be an earlier costume that was shown in the trailers, or they could have dropped the concept design. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    . Dreykov is alright- he's not the worst MCU villian but not the best.
    ... Who was worse?

Dude had ZERO motivations outside of "something something shadow power." He was only in the movie for what... 10 minutes maybe? He really didn't even have a personal vendetta against Natasha. He just... monologued one scene and... the end?

And he didn't accomplish anything in the movie at all lol.

At least for say... Malekith... he had a cool design, cool voice, and cool fight scene with Thor lol. Dreycov was just fat white dude gives generic monologue about power and then says "girls" creepily. I can probably find that at the American Legion
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

... Who was worse?

Dude had ZERO motivations outside of "something something shadow power." He was only in the movie for what... 10 minutes maybe? He really didn't even have a personal vendetta against Natasha. He just... monologued one scene and... the end?

At least for say... Malekith... he had a cool design, cool voice, and cool fight scene with Thor lol. Dreycov was just fat white dude gives generic monologue about power and then says "girls" creepily. I can probably find that at the American Legion
    I'd say some of the Disney+ villains were about on par.

I guess Ant-Man and The Wasp if only because Ghost wasn't much of a villain and the other guys were just, well, generic goofy bad guys.

... Who was worse?

Mostly Malekith, Ronan, Abomination and Whiplash. I just saw Dreykov as a functional threat. But he could've been better used post Snap. Atleast he'll have a more concrete goal- he could take advantage of the political upheaval.

Dreykov is just a lesser Alexander Pierce. Both are one-shot villians that I'm fine with not seeing again.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-20-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'd say some of the Disney+ villains were about on par.

I guess Ant-Man and The Wasp if only because Ghost wasn't much of a villain and the other guys were just, well, generic goofy bad guys.
    Ghost wasn't that bad. I thought she was a reasonable antagonist and a lot better than Obadiah Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Ghost wasn't that bad. I thought she was a reasonable antagonist and a lot better than Obadiah Cross.
    I don't think she was bad. She had a cool costume and a sympathetic motivation, but I don't think she was as fulfilling as she could've been.

Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket was still more memorable to me than Ant-Man and Wasp vs. Ghost.