Page 760 of 775 FirstFirst ... 260660710750756757758759760761762763764770 ... LastLast
Results 11,386 to 11,400 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    So Kang did lose in Ant Man 3 lol. No Dynasty no Iron Lad just defeat.
    Don't worry, they still have Riri Williams if they want to go with the Young Champions.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Aaron Pierre has left marvels blade.

More setbacks.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/a...el-1235944074/

Also looks like ironheart and nova are still in the works and not canned. Nova looks to maybe be a series now.

Agents of shield hinted to be coming back.

https://movieweb.com/mcu-agents-of-s...ival-response/

Former Quicksilver Aaron Taylor-Johnson is being reported as the new James Bond.

I didn't notice this before. But Deadpool & Wolverine is also credited as a 20th Century Studios property. Does 20th Century Studios still technically own the film rights? That would kinda make sense since the last X-Men movie (New Mutants) was only 3-4 years ago and so their deal with Marvel has not expired yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There could still be other characters even newer ones that could still have thier own movies if they are popular enough,but they need to be well liked for them to get thier own movie.
    So this looks like it could be once awhile thing.

Shang- chi is still getting a part 2 for example and armor wars could still be made.
    I think the newer and more unknown heroes etc.. will be getting more so a series or one shots on disney plus like nova,iron heart,moon knight etc...
    There could still be a moon knight season 2 and the same for ms. marvel.

Young avengers if they still make it will most likely be a series or mini-series.
    Agatha is still coming out for example so the mcu will not be completely playing it 100% safe but safe enough for now.
    The comics do the a similar or the same thing because even less known characters and sometimes new characters still get a series and or mini so they don't play 100% safe either but safe enough.

Newer and unknowns are still in comics as major supporting or on teams as co-leads and once in awhile as main leads.
    Example the new sentry series was not even focus on the original sentry.
    It was new characters even if the sentry was the title.
    Ms. Marvel season 2 probably isn't happening since that show had low viewership and The Marvels flopped hard.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 03-21-2024 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Ms. Marvel season 2 probably isn't happening since that show had low viewership and The Marvels flopped hard.
    Which is a bummer. I would've liked to have seen them actually incorporate more stuff from her comics (who knows if we'll ever see her supporting cast beyond her family again).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is a bummer. I would've liked to have seen them actually incorporate more stuff from her comics (who knows if we'll ever see her supporting cast beyond her family again).
    I did like her friends in the first season. But yeah, will they ever appear again in a speaking role? I'd bring up Darcy and how she was brought back but I don't know if this will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That weird owl villain?

Seems like Sebastian Stan is not coming back as Bucky for Cap4 https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/sta...14274049786356
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    That weird owl villain?
    The Inventory .
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Seems like Sebastian Stan is not coming back as Bucky for Cap4 https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/sta...14274049786356
    I guess that gives Joaquin more screentime.

Interesting Financial Times interview with activist investor Nelson Peltz. Says he wants to "help" Iger, not fire him. And he questions Feige's record at Marvel. Peltz and his supporters object to all-female and all-black casts in MCU movies as well as Disney's "woke" direction. The story about him and his friend being spectators to a tennis game featuring topless female players is probably true:

https://www.ft.com/content/0a182c97-...f-ae980562bb45
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-23-2024 at 07:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Iger acknowledged last year that his company has focused too much on movie messaging and not enough on quality storytelling. Peltz agrees that Disney has become too woke. “People go to watch a movie or a show to be entertained,” he says. “They don’t go to get a message.” ... [He] takes aim at The Marvels and Black Panther, which portrayed female and Black superheroes respectively. “Why do I have to have a Marvel that’s all women? Not that I have anything against women, but why do I have to do that? Why can’t I have Marvels that are both? Why do I need an all-Black cast?”
    I can't believe there are still people who think the MCU problem is being too woke after they built Doctor Strange 2 around the old "women can't be trusted with power because motherhood makes them irrational" trope that was already called out when Avengers Disassembled did it. They've trashed or fridged most of their top female characters. It's like Peltz is the only person living who saw the Girl Power shot in Avengers: Endgame and didn't recognize it for the cynical nonsense it was.

The MCU has made a lot of mistakes lately and some of their bad work has a touch of preachiness about it, but their preachiest franchise is probably Black Panther and that's one of the ones that is still doing all right (despite the loss of Chadwick Boseman). That's not their problem.

Wait... so your argument is that Peltz is wrong... because Disney is WORSE than Peltz claims? hmm.... makes me wonder if you have more detail on your thought process.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Wait... so your argument is that Peltz is wrong... because Disney is WORSE than Peltz claims? hmm.... makes me wonder if you have more detail on your thought process.
    Disney is terrible, just not because they're too progressive.

If we say a patient is sick but pick the wrong disease, we're wrong even though we were right about them being sick.

I've seen a lot of people defending the current MCU as saying this saga is structured more like the comics. Just a bunch of stories all over the place. Well, let's be honest. It's REALLY not people's cup of tea. I think the MCU would benefit massively if they returned to what they did during the Infinity Saga. Make things a little bit more streamlined and focused. But I don't see ANY of that happening. Marvel Studios execs seem highly intent on creating a sprawling cinematic universe like the comics and if they continue on this course, I think their brand will be ruined in the next few years.