Page 581 of 775 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 11617
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel Gender Swaps MCU Character & The Internet has a Meltdown
    I'm not sure if they genderswapped Cosmo, though? I don't think that was the actual voice of the dog. It seems like a translation device that turned their thoughts into speech, which just so happens to be modeled with a female-sounding voice. Unless Rocket specifically referred to the character as female and I didn't notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not sure if they genderswapped Cosmo, though? I don't think that was the actual voice of the dog. It seems like a translation device that turned their thoughts into speech, which just so happens to be modeled with a female-sounding voice. Unless Rocket specifically referred to the character as female and I didn't notice...
    I think Gunn said in an interview that he cast a female voice because the dog Cosmo was based on was female if I remember right.

So did the gotg special just confirm gobots are canon in the mcu? Lol. Mantis and drax say they are! (nice nod at transformers in the comic universe)

Ironic both transformers and gobots are both owned by hasbro. Big difference is transformers are living robots and gobots are cyborgs. (human like aliens who the full planet--men, woman and even kids!) are now stuck in robot bodies and had to learn to use them and transform!

Now if they were like the machine robo versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So did the gotg special just confirm gobots are canon in the mcu? Lol. Mantis and drax say they are! (nice nod at transformers in the comic universe)

Ironic both transformers and gobots are both owned by hasbro. Big difference is transformers are living robots and gobots are cyborgs. (human like aliens who the full planet--men, woman and even kids!) are now stuck in robot bodies and had to learn to use them and transform!

Now if they were like the machine robo versions!

Define Canon. Maybe they are just a Cartoon...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Define Canon. Maybe they are just a Cartoon...
    No, they actually exist.

Now that I think about it, what about the Rom rights? Marvel has Rom himself but Marvel has everything that was created in his comic?

Mantis and drax says gobots killed his cousin after seeing a cy kill outfit. Mantis even knew what gobots were by name.

Funny thing is now that gobots are canon people are picking what actor would play leader-one and cy-kill? LOL.

My guess is this will never come up again and is a nice one shot nod to transformers in the comics by gunn with the ok from hasbro for the nod.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-30-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Look good with me. No?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Now that I think about it, what about the Rom rights? Marvel has Rom himself but Marvel has everything that was created in his comic?
    The creatures in the mountain temple at the end of MoM are definitely supposed to be Dire Wraiths, but not sure if it's one of those things where they put them in and just avoided any rights issues by not naming them.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

GOTG 3 looks like it's closing the franchise's trilogy with a bang. I really get the feeling it's going to be the best out of the 3.

Also, I'm under the impression that Rocket might not be making out of this one alive, which is a little bit shocking to me if that's the case. I really thought him and Groot would be staples of the franchise for a long time, even after Gunn was gone.

Seems too obvious Rocket will die IMHO.

I really get the feeling it's going to be the best out of the 3.
    Probably depends on if Gunn can control his humor or not.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Trailer looks good I guess? These first trailers are always so random it's hard to get a grip on what the movie is actually supposed to be about, yknow? I mean, that was the High Evolutionary there right? Supposed to be the big bad of the film and we don't even get a name drop.

But the music is great, the effects look good, I'll be there for this. Feeling the DnA era uniforms too.

Not sure who's gonna die but I'm sure somebody will. My money is on Quill and/or Rocket. We've already seen Gamora and Groot die so doing that again would be a little redundant. And I don't think audiences love Drax and Mantis enough for them dying to generate a ton of pathos. We like Drax but he's a one-note character yknow? And Mantis hasn't had enough screen time for people to care. Nebula could very probably die; we saw that (kinda) in Endgame but a heroic sacrifice would wrap up her arc nicely.

Or maybe they'll all die, riding into disaster together?

I just hope the film is smoother than volume 2. That was not Marvel's or Gunn's finest work, it was too clunky and the drama was too forced, as was the humor. This trailer feels like it's gonna be better than V2, but we'll see how it turns out. Got a good feeling about it though!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    GOTG 3 looks like it's closing the franchise's trilogy with a bang. I really get the feeling it's going to be the best out of the 3.

Also, I'm under the impression that Rocket might not be making out of this one alive, which is a little bit shocking to me if that's the case. I really thought him and Groot would be staples of the franchise for a long time, even after Gunn was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seems too obvious Rocket will die IMHO.
    I've seen a lot of people latching onto the idea that Drax bites it and I could honestly see it happening at this point because Bautista is done and Gunn doesn't seem interested in telling a new story with Drax.

Rocket is having his whole backstory and girlfriend introduced, I don't think they'll kill him off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Trailer looks good I guess? These first trailers are always so random it's hard to get a grip on what the movie is actually supposed to be about, yknow? I mean, that was the High Evolutionary there right? Supposed to be the big bad of the film and we don't even get a name drop.
    I'm hoping he also has a more comic-accurate look at some point.
    Not sure who's gonna die but I'm sure somebody will. My money is on Quill and/or Rocket. We've already seen Gamora and Groot die so doing that again would be a little redundant. And I don't think audiences love Drax and Mantis enough for them dying to generate a ton of pathos. We like Drax but he's a one-note character yknow? And Mantis hasn't had enough screen time for people to care. Nebula could very probably die; we saw that (kinda) in Endgame but a heroic sacrifice would wrap up her arc nicely.

Or maybe they'll all die, riding into disaster together?
    I feel like Peter's safe because he's the main character.

I've seen a lot of people latching onto the idea that Drax bites it and I could honestly see it happening at this point because Bautista is done and Gunn doesn't seem interested in telling a new story with Drax.

Rocket is having his whole backstory and girlfriend introduced, I don't think they'll kill him off.
    Agreed.

I see Rocket leaving the team to finally be "happy"

Peter (unless chris contract runs out or something) forms a new team at the end.

Drax bites it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html