Page 673 of 775 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723773 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 11619

My main takeaway from Secret Invasion is that Emilia Clarke needs a new agent, or to just stay away from big franchises, because it has literally never worked out for her. Going from the worst Terminator movie to the most forgettable Star Wars film to the lowest-rated MCU project is craaaaazy. And with the Game of Thrones finale on top of all that, she's been having a rough streak.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    In Secret Invasion, Nick Fury's wife wrote a books titled "Decoding the Superhuman Gene", which had an X-shaped light on the back cover. In the finale, she said that her "work" was more important than ever. Surpised this wasn't talked about much, but given the show's reception I can kinda see why.

It was, but yes, since Disney's failed Secret Invasion had bigger problems like the worst CGI for a show that cost a quarter of a billion dollars to make, and a boring story online to set up The Marvels and Iron Wars, no one is talking about anything else in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    My main takeaway from Secret Invasion is that Emilia Clarke needs a new agent, or to just stay away from big franchises, because it has literally never worked out for her. Going from the worst Terminator movie to the most forgettable Star Wars film to the lowest-rated MCU project is craaaaazy. And with the Game of Thrones finale on top of all that, she's been having a rough streak.
    Poor Emilia. But she didn't was in the worst Terminator movie. She was in the second worst only.
    Maybe she could restart Highlander.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    At least she only had to wear Skrull makeup for two seconds .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least she only had to wear Skrull makeup for two seconds .
    Why not use cgi? For a 200 budget why not by that point.

Extraordinary Member

Secret Invasion (miniseries)
    Production
    Development
    In December 2020, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige officially announced a new series titled Secret Invasion, with Jackson co-starring with Ben Mendelsohn in his MCU role of Talos. The series is based on the 2008–09 comic book storyline of the same name,[9] with Feige describing it as a "crossover event series" that would tie-in with future MCU films;[40][41] the series' official premise further described it as a crossover event series.[42] Marvel Studios chose to make a Secret Invasion series instead of a film because it allowed them to do something different than they had done before.[43] Directors were being lined up by April 2021.[44] Thomas Bezucha and Ali Selim were attached to direct the series a month later. Reports said they would either split the series' six episodes evenly, or one would direct four episodes and the other would direct two.[45] However, Bezucha left the series before production began,[46] and Selim ultimately directed all six episodes.[4][12] The episodes were described as being an hour-long each,[8] with the series ultimately totaling approximately 4.5 hours.[47] Marvel Studios' Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, and Jonathan Schwartz served as executive producers on the series alongside Jackson, Selim, Bradstreet, and Brian Tucker.[4]
    The budget for the series was $211.6 million.[2] This was noted for being a large budget compared to the content in the series, which did not utilize large action set pieces or extensive visual effects.[47] Extensive reshoots were believed to partially be the reason for the large budget.[2]
    Release
    A red carpet premiere event for Secret Invasion was held in Los Angeles at the El Capitan Theater on June 13, 2023.[31] The series debuted on Disney+ on June 21, 2023,[4] and consists of six episodes.[43] concluding on July 26, 2023.[93] It was previously expected to release within early 2023.[85] It is the first series of Phase Five of the MCU.[94] The first three episodes were made available on Hulu from July 21 to August 17, 2023,[93] to promote the finale of the series.[92]

Future
    In September 2022, Feige stated that Secret Invasion would lead into Armor Wars, with Cheadle set to reprise his role as Rhodes.[103][104] The Marvels, in which Jackson reprises his role as Fury, also serves as a continuation of Secret Invasion, in addition to narrative threads established in Avengers: Endgame and the Disney+ series WandaVision (2021) and Ms. Marvel (2022).[105]
    Wikipedia

Agatha adds jennifer kale from man-thing. (bet she won't have that 70s outfit!) Hulkling from young avengers or a new character for the other. We have mixed reports on the second one.

We found out that SNL alum Sasheer Zamata (Home Economics, Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur) had joined the cast of Agatha: Coven of Chaos last year, but no details on her character were provided at the time. Now, her role has been revealed, and we have confirmation that Zamata will be playing an established Marvel Comics magic-wielder.

Zamata will make her MCU debut in the Disney+ series as powerful sorceress Jennifer Kale.

In the same article, it's mentioned that Miles Gutierrez-Riley will be playing Hulkling, but this has been refuted by insider @MyTimeToShine, who believes he will actually be playing a new character named Eddie.
    https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel...5006#gs.4ew0l2

Will man-thing and howard the duck show up also?

I'll be disappointed if not surprised that she won't wear the chainmail bikini .

Astonishing Member

I liked her when she was running around with Satana and Topaz in that Charmed knockoff. Would be pretty easy on the budget given the contemporary setting.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Changes Character’s Race in New Casting, Sparks Intense Backlash

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/08/m...ifer-kale-af1/

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel Changes Character’s Race in New Casting, Sparks Intense Backlash
    The one racist Jen Kale fan juts fell to his knees lmao

Anyway, super-late but I just saw GOTG3! Wow, a stunner of a flick. Really liked Poulter's Warlock; an instant meld with the cast. Mean-Gamora is, weirdly, the most comics accurate lol. And a lot of fun!

A similarly mean High Evolutionary, a fave baddie. He shines! Loved the Remender-homage with the messed-up mug, and generally throughout

spoilers:
    that Star-Lord Dis+ show is never getting made lol! I'd check it out
    end of spoilers

Fitting to post it here too.
    https://www.thewrap.com/wandavision-...onus-features/

Disney seems to finally make some changes concerning Disney+ and some of its content. WandaVision and Loki will get 4K UHD and Blu-Ray physical releases later this year with some never-seen-before content added too.
    The Mandalorian will too by the way but obviously that's not part of Marvel.

"This is me being reasonable"

About damn time.

Cases and art look good. Definitely buying these. Despite streaming I maintain my MCU blu-ray collection. Not a hardcore collector but MCU blu-rays are an exception. Hope they release the rest of the shows too.

Might grab at least one of the Mando seasons too, just in case D+ pulls the show. Unlikely maybe, but you never know.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES