Page 742 of 775 FirstFirst ... 242642692732738739740741742743744745746752 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 11621
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Then you have the Terminator take. This is how it worked as of Sarah Conner Chronicles anyways.

Each time time travel happens the timeline gets over written like applying a coat of paint to a wall. There's just the one universe. No branching timelines. So you can't just return home. You can travel to the same year you left, but there's a strong chance it won't be the same place you left.
    NOBODY questions Dr Who.

How many times have he or she gone to the future?? In some cases the Earth is fine and others it's a mess.

How many times have he or she gone to the past? Where their action helped get folks killed? Isn't that changing the future? Wouldn't that erase a descendant?

Power Rangers.

How does SPD and RPM co-exist? Or the Dino Charge Rangers weren't their Earth destroyed during Ninja Steel? And don't dinos exist now on their Earth?

Star Wars

How does all these books fit in between Star Wars to Return of Jedi?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It's pointless to bitch about how the MCU is now "doomed". And without getting too political on here, a lot of the people doing the whining are proud members of the MAGAverse. And I frankly don't understand how they can whine about superhero fatigue but not say a WORD about MAGA fatigue. These specific critics keep saying they are getting tired of Marvel/DC movies (and how woke they've become), but at the same time still get boners when they hear people talk about "voter fraud" and "rigged elections"?! Like c'mon man. They have zero credibility here. Besides, nobody's forcing them to watch the MCU's projects. Do these people ENJOY being miserable? I was not a fan of Wakanda Forever and Loki Season One, but I don't think they were garbage. Recognizing the difference between a bad movie/show and a movie/show that just isn't really your jam is such a vital distinction that so few people seem to actually understand.
    The issue that group (and even some regular fans) are having is WHO is being included and used.
    Especially those of color and sexuality.

If we went back to the 80s and had the MCU and even DC's attempt-lots of these folks wouldn't complain. EVERYBODY would be grateful for the attempts.

Because we are dealing with former 70s-90s babies who never learned about the behind the scenes issues that kept this from being made or used. Now in 2000s we got folks trying to make up for that and the pitfalls of doing so.
    Lets take Static-a hit cartoon show with ratings that tons of shows would kill for and it could not get merchandise. Yet how many white male lead cartoons had tons of stuff and failed.

They think it's an attack on white males when it's REALLY about BUSINESS and MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NOBODY questions Dr Who.

How many times have he or she gone to the future?? In some cases the Earth is fine and others it's a mess.

How many times have he or she gone to the past? Where their action helped get folks killed? Isn't that changing the future? Wouldn't that erase a descendant?
    Doctor Who doesn't try to have a static timeline though. It acknowledges that it isn't static. And that is the key difference. Also, a lot of the time the action is far flung time zones, often the future, not.... your neighborhood 2 years prior. Trying to find the exact effects is... unreasonable. Then you have some weird ones where utterly insane paradoxes happen but not in a way that changes everything.

Time travel/multiverses will always be confusing to me. If you go back in time to invest in Apple as one of its earliest stockholders, that WOULD be changing the future if you became fabulously wealthy in your own timeline later on. You would be rich in the future you travelled back in time from. But how is that possible if you didn't invest in Apple in its early days in the first place? None of this **** makes ANY sense!!! According to MCU time travel rules, if you go back in time, a past version of yourself from an alternate timeline would be raking in the cash in THAT universe as an early Apple investor. If you somehow got back to your own timeline, you would NOT be wealthy because you never invested in Apple earlier on in that universe. Am I making any sense at all?

I don't have an issue about expanding the MCU to get in more viewers from other demographics. I just feel that they're giving them too much homework. And I HATE the way they are introducing new female and POC characters. I thought that girl who got those powers at the end of Secret Invasion was introduced HORRIBLY. That final battle did NOT gain her a legion of new fans at all. And I still thought the introduction of Ironheart was terribly executed in Wakanda Forever. That girl became a scientific genius WAY too fast and she became a superhero FAR too quickly in my opinion. That battle on the bridge was a poor man's version of Tony's battle over that ocean in Iron Man 3 to me.

I REALLY hope the Ironheart series does well, because if it DOESN'T, I think the chances of Armor Wars happening is dramatically reduced. Marvel should have really merged Armor Wars and Ironheart together.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-17-2024 at 12:55 PM.

Time travel/multiverses will always be confusing to me. If you go back in time to invest in Apple as one of its earliest stockholders, that WOULD be changing the future if you became fabulously wealthy in your own timeline later on. You would be rich in the future you travelled back in time from. But how is that possible if you didn't invest in Apple in its early days in the first place? None of this **** makes ANY sense!!! According to MCU time travel rules, if you go back in time, a past version of yourself from an alternate timeline would be raking in the cash in THAT universe as an early Apple investor. If you somehow got back to your own timeline, you would NOT be wealthy because you never invested in Apple earlier on in that universe. Am I making any sense at all?

I don't have an issue about expanding the MCU to get in more viewers from other demographics. I just feel that they're giving them too much homework. And I HATE the way they are introducing new female and POC characters. I thought that girl who got those powers at the end of Secret Invasion was introduced HORRIBLY. That final battle did NOT gain her a legion of new fans at all. And I still thought the introduction of Ironheart was terribly executed in Wakanda Forever. That girl became a scientific genius WAY too fast and she became a superhero FAR too quickly in my opinion. That battle on the bridge was a poor man's version of Tony's battle over that ocean in Iron Man 3 to me.

I REALLY hope the Ironheart series does well, because if it DOESN'T, I think the chances of Armor Wars happening is dramatically reduced. Marvel should have really merged Armor Wars and Ironheart together.
    I'm neutral towards Ironheart. I don't love or hate her, that being said I don't understand the argument of "she became a genius way too fast". Isn't that what the character was in the comics? A scientific genius? That's her source material. Why does nobody complain about Tony Stark, or Bruce Banner, or Hank Pym with all the science discoveries and laws of reality they break? Riri's genius is nothing compared to them. This is a fictional world where spider bites give people super powers instead of needing medical attention so why is a young genius such a outlandish idea? What's going to happen when Reed Richards enters the MCU and blows every genius away?

Again I'm neutral towards Riri/Ironheart and there are things about the character that were not executed great, but her being a genius is not one of them.

Edit: Now her becoming a superhero so fast is a different story and I'd argue they should have saved her Ironheart debut somewhere else instead of Wakanda Forever.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 01-17-2024 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm neutral towards Ironheart. I don't love or hate her, that being said I don't understand the argument of "she became a genius way too fast". Isn't that what the character was in the comics? A scientific genius? That's her source material.
    Yes that doesn't make sense. She IS a genius. It's like saying the mcu version of Shuri became a genius too fast. That's how the movies have portrayed her from the start.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Being too competent or too powerful is only a problem when it comes to certain characters. No one complains about how powerful Thor is, but Captain Marvel is "OP."

I would have just showed her being a student at university in Wakanda Forever. Learning how to be a great scientist. She can be super smart, but I would prefer her taking some time in making new "Iron suits" or whatever. Preferably in her own series. I assume that show's gonna be over five hours so there's lots of time for that stuff to happen there. To me, Cassie and Riri are just too young to become geniuses. Hank, Tony, and Bruce are old as hell (I mean older than me). I actually think Black Panther 1 and Wakanda Forever did a better job with Shuri becoming a leading scientist in the MCU. It took a bit longer. I mean, Rhodey didn't become War Machine until Iron Man 2. He was "just" a cool sidekick in that first Iron Man flick.

How does one become a genius over time? You either have genius-level intellect, or you don't.

https://abc7ny.com/new-jersey-young-...opez/14114324/

Ultimate Member

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/this-was...f-2023-3564716

The Mandalorian has been named as the most streamed original television series in 2023. Marvel series Loki comes in at Number Two, while Secret Invasion and Ahsoka land the seventh and ninth spots respectively.
    I thought Secret Invasion was a catastrophic failure that no one watched.

I don't know what to believe again on Al Gore's internet anymore.

I would have just showed her being a student at university in Wakanda Forever. Learning how to be a great scientist. She can be super smart, but I would prefer her taking some time in making new "Iron suits" or whatever. Preferably in her own series. I assume that show's gonna be over five hours so there's lots of time for that stuff to happen there. To me, Cassie and Riri are just too young to become geniuses. Hank, Tony, and Bruce are old as hell (I mean older than me). I actually think Black Panther 1 and Wakanda Forever did a better job with Shuri becoming a leading scientist in the MCU. It took a bit longer. I mean, Rhodey didn't become War Machine until Iron Man 2. He was "just" a cool sidekick in that first Iron Man flick.
    Riri is actually older in the MCU than she was during her comic debut. I also don’t equate this level of genius intellect with particular ages, because we’re not talking about the kind of intelligence that someone can just earn over time by getting extra degrees. If you told me that Tony was a child prodigy I wouldn’t blink an eye.

I’m not saying we need more super geniuses in the MCU. If anything Marvel comics slaps that character trait on waaaay too many characters instead of highlighting different kinds of intelligences, but for characters like Riri where it’s pretty integral to their origins I don’t see the issue.

Genius or intellect aren't limited by age so you're reaching a bit with that. Shuri was depicted as head scientist from her very first scene in the MCU so I really don't know how it took a bit longer for her.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Rumours are indicating we might be getting a Mysterio focused episode in Season Three of What If?, that’s certainly interesting especially if they can get Jake to reprise the role… could be an alternate day take on Far From Home (a fun idea would be someone like Daredevil investigating the ‘world’s greatest hero’ after the death of Spider-Man in a world where Beck was never caught) but also a story about his relationship with Stark could be interesting too…

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Disney adds netflix shows to the canon timeline.

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/s...21551202341263
    Keep hope alive FX/FOX/Freeform/Hulu/ABC?

I suppose AGENTS is closest to canon because of the Coulson connection and the inclusion of the Fall of SHIELD...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Being too competent or too powerful is only a problem when it comes to certain characters. No one complains about how powerful Thor is, but Captain Marvel is "OP."
    Or how smart or rich Tony is, for that matter.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.