Page 762 of 775 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766772 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 11623

I would've rather just had Strange and Wanda team-up to fight Nightmare with Baron Mordo trying to kill them both.

Kind of a nothing burger but Florence Pugh gives a behind the scenes look at THUNDERBOLTS...

Any rumblings about how the movie is changing and what's the update on their Sentry situation since the original actor departed the project. Haven't seen news beyond the recasting. Lewis Pullman is SPECTACULAR. I highly recommend viewing "Bad Times at El Royale" to see his range.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Well so much for the FANTASTIC FOUR movie taking a safe comics accurate take on the team with the announcement of the unconventional casting of SILVER SURFER I'm here for it, but know others with be vocally otherwise.
    Can only imagine the reaction from anyone who disagreed with Pedro Pascal casting as being not character appropriate...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

South Park once again predicts the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Well so much for the FANTASTIC FOUR movie taking a safe comics accurate take on the team with the announcement of the unconventional casting of SILVER SURFER I'm here for it, but know others with be vocally otherwise.
    Can only imagine the reaction from anyone who disagreed with Pedro Pascal casting as being not character appropriate...
    Hmm, they seem to be switching the roles of Norrin and Shalla. I'm fine with this as long as she has Norrin's personality.

Eh, starting with Shalla as the Surfer wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'll give it a chance.

I'll be honest, I would have wanted a male Norrin Rad. Maybe there still will be.

However, if the movie is going for Shalla-Bal as Silver Surfer, I'm open to it. As long as we see the Silver Surfer traits, that of the character who questions why this wondrous Earth has war and hatred, as well as goes around and blasts things with the Power Cosmic, I'll still watch.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Niffleheim

This is it. Shalla-Bal is the MCU Silver Surfer. Even if the character is a dud it would still feel like course correcting if they bring in Norrin and it would be bad optics. (being from an alternate universe doesn't mean she can't stay or continue being THE Silver Surfer lol)
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-03-2024 at 04:33 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

This all ties into the Multiverse plots. Specifically, there's a What If? comic that tackles this exact idea. But of course, I don't expect the people who will complain about this to actually read comics.

Do they really have to start with a female Silver Surfer?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    South Park once again predicts the future.
    Spot on Cartman!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This all ties into the Multiverse plots. Specifically, there's a What If? comic that tackles this exact idea. But of course, I don't expect the people who will complain about this to actually read comics.
    Yeah, that's one of the ways I've been able to accept this casting. There are precedents. On social media, some of the posts stating the casting are using the Earth X photo when Shalla-Bal was a herald. There is the What If? issue as well. Finally, this is the MCU, not the MU proper. There are significant changes already. Taskmaster, Namor, Shang-Chi, and other characters have had changes.

However, as I said before, I would have liked to see male Norrin Radd as Silver Surfer. Having that proper introduction into the MCU would be cool. As I stated previously, I'm open to this new casting.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Given how boring the Multiverse is, I'm much more disturbed about it being based on a What If comic than the Surfer being female.

I do wonder if she'll be Johnny Storm's love interest like Frankie Raye. John Byrne seems to be one of the few 20th century creators (apart from Lee/Kirby/Ditko, obviously) whose work shows a marked influence on the MCU.

I honestly can't see the logic behind this. I don't think they should be starting with Silver Surfer in the first place, much less a female version that is sure to divide the public.
    And this is coming from someone that is extremely tired of all the "anti-woke" discourse. But I don't see what the benefit of adapting Shalla Bal when there are hundreds of more interesting F4 concepts.
    I hope I'm proven wrong, though. The actress is a good one and I think the teaser had a nice retro vibe that hinted that maybe It won't be yet another geeric subpar MCU movie.

I'm terrified to go on Youtube and Twitter right now after hearing the Silver Surfer news. I personally don't care of the Surfers gender. I've never been a huge fan of the Surfer, myself, though I enjoyed his brief time in the Defenders. I know he's a popular character and like Factor above me just said, why do this? I was hoping the first MCU Fantastic Four movie would focus mostly on the four without focusing on a bigger picture later. Introduce Surfer and Galactus later.

And the female version. I personally have no problem with it, but they must know a certain audience is going to tear it to shreds and get as much hate around it on social media before a single trailer comes out. I hope the actress doesn't get too much hate for this.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 04-03-2024 at 07:30 PM.