Page 490 of 775 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 11623

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Ummmm what are you talking about? They are better than Ragnaroks dailies. Its actually 31 million in front of Ragnarok. And widening the gap.

$69,554,073 /
    $69,554,073 $46,470,936 /
    $46,470,936
    1st Saturday $42,112,494 /
    $111,666,567 $44,203,752 /
    $90,674,688
    1st Sunday $32,498,540 /
    $144,165,107 $32,070,301 /
    $122,744,989
    1st Monday $12,182,506 /
    $156,347,613 $8,247,661 /
    $130,992,650
    1st Tuesday $13,655,428 /
    $170,003,041 $10,824,443 /
    $141,817,093
    1st Wednesday $8,929,256 /
    $178,932,297 $6,148,407 /
    $147,965,500
    How you copy and pasted this isn't readable at all

but I wasn't comparing it to ragnorak, I was comparing it to itself.

(it also cost 70 million more than ragnorak...)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How you copy and pasted this isn't readable at all

but I wasn't comparing it to ragnorak, I was comparing it to itself.

(it also cost 70 million more than ragnorak...)

Ok not sure what you mean but its probably going over 500 million worldwide after 1 week. So not sure what you want.

In sony marvel news--

Sony has removed its unnamed spidey film on the flash release date next year. Great. That means flash only has to worry about spider-verse 2, indy 5 and bumblebee 2/ beast wars on its opening weekend.

What a relief.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta..._RHzNAr0g&s=19

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Also y’all WHY is Riri Williams in this movie? Did they not think it was enough to expand on Wakanda, deal with the death of T’Challa and his legacy, AND introduce Namor and Atlantis? Riri could easily be introduced in Armor Wars and she’s getting her own Disney+ series.
    Yeah, the excess of characters is causing me concern.

Incredible Member

Yeah… honestly they should go ahead and bring in the Killmonger variant from What If? and have him act as a foil to Shuri.

Also y’all WHY is Riri Williams in this movie? Did they not think it was enough to expand on Wakanda, deal with the death of T’Challa and his legacy, AND introduce Namor and Atlantis? Riri could easily be introduced in Armor Wars and she’s getting her own Disney+ series.
    I think the tactic here is to throw everything they can in this movie in the hopes of offsetting the lack of T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

Best way to get exposure for a pivotal MCU character. I'm sure there are big plans for her like being in the Avengers or Young Avengers and having her own solo movie. I don't think she will get a big role but enough to get the audience interested.

Yeah… honestly they should go ahead and bring in the Killmonger variant from What If? and have him act as a foil to Shuri.

I like Michael B. Jordan but I personally don't need more chances to bring back "Killmonger was right." I couldn't see them bringing him back in a way that didn't take his teeth out either, and he would definitely overshadow Letita's Shuri.

It doesn't really seem like there's anything additional from the Black Panther mythos in this movie other than "fight Namor" and they don't even have T'Challa for that.

Ultimate Member

Finally saw Thor 4, I was disappointed.

Thor was barely competent in this movie, he was very strong and powerful but he seemed to have lost some IQ points.

The humor was overly broad and most of the time it didn't land because it was out of place.

Sif loses her arm- jokes, kids get kidnapped- jokes, Thor levels a temple- jokes...it was too much. The storytelling wasn't good for either a comedy or an action movie.

The scenes with Jane dying and Gorr seemed to be from a different movie. I'm not sure what Waititi was thinking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Thor was barely competent in this movie, he was very strong and powerful but he seemed to have lost some IQ points.

The humor was overly broad and most of the time it didn't land because it was out of place.

Sif loses her arm- jokes, kids get kidnapped- jokes, Thor levels a temple- jokes...it was too much. The storytelling wasn't good for either a comedy or an action movie.

The scenes with Jane dying and Gorr seemed to be from a different movie. I'm not sure what Waititi was thinking here.
    He probably wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I'm not surprised that Thor's IQ took a hit, the humor was too much, or that Sif ended up getting screwed.

Ultimate Member

The one thing I will praise Waititi for is getting how powerful Thor is.

In Ragnarok and in Love and Thunder (particularly Love and Thunder), Odinson is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not surprised that Thor's IQ took a hit, the humor was too much, or that Sif ended up getting screwed.
    For the like first hour of the movie, he and everyone else seem they have a learning disability lol.

About halfway (it felt like, not sure), about the time Gorr was the central plot again, the movie did seem to tone down

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

thor becoming less of a parody happened around the same time as his conversation with Jane

It almost feels like what Taika was going for was

spoilers:
    Thor became even more goofy and out there because he stopped caring. Instead of his depression being self loathing and gluttony like End Game... he was almost nihilistic or apathetic. He would just go around, smash things to help, and move on.

Jane brought back out the real thor as a person and made him care/love again. and that is around the time in the movie it was way less goofy.

Of course, it could have been it got less goofy because Korg was basically gone, GoG were gone, Meik was gone, New Asguard as a whole was gone... so you were left with just 4 characters so it naturally became more serious
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    thor becoming less of a parody happened around the same time as his conversation with Jane

It almost feels like what Taika was going for was

spoilers:
    Thor became even more goofy and out there because he stopped caring. Instead of his depression being self loathing and gluttony like End Game... he was almost nihilistic or apathetic. He would just go around, smash things to help, and move on.

Jane brought back out the real thor as a person and made him care/love again. and that is around the time in the movie it was way less goofy.

Of course, it could have been it got less goofy because Korg was basically gone, GoG were gone, Meik was gone, New Asguard as a whole was gone... so you were left with just 4 characters so it naturally became more serious
    end of spoilers
    Maybe that was Taika was going for but the execution left a lot to be desired.

The movie was filled with odd decisions. See the Korg thing.

He had the very epic “death” scene only for him to end a talking face and a joke again. Why? It would have been a lot more impactful if he’d died and then Thor put that hole in Zeus.

Did they plan on introducing Riri before Chadwick passed? Might be contracts in place keeping the character involved, despite having to upend the entire film to account for T'Challa's absence?

Or they might have just figured that putting Riri into the sequel of a billion dollar box office darling was a great way to put a ton of eyes on her and drum up hype for her D+ show.

But yeah, having to deal with Riri on top of everything else.....I feel really bad for everyone involved here. This movie has felt cursed from the start, and at this point I'm just hoping it manages to avoid being a complete trainwreck. The cast and crew and wonderful, but Chadwick, starting production so soon after he died, the pandemic, on-set injuries.....what a uphill battle this entire production must have been to make.

My expectations for BP2 are incredibly low. I'm just hoping that whatever the film does, it doesn't throw the Panther franchise into the gutter. Just....let this film establish a viable, working new status quo and hopefully the third film and appearances in other MCU projects can level off whatever failings this movie has, and put Wakanda back on top. I definitely don't think I'll walk out of theaters for BP2 with everyone yelling "Wakanda Forever!" in triumph, like we did the last time, but hopefully nobody will leave utterly disgusted, burning their T'Challa t-shirts as they go.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-16-2022 at 07:42 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.