Page 744 of 775 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 11621
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    I'd like to see Emma Dumont back as Polaris in the MCU if possible.
    Except for the horrible Strucker family, pretty much everyone on that show was gold. Emma Dumont as Polaris, Blair Redford as Thunderbird, Jamie Chung as Blink, Skyler Samuels as the Cuckoos, Grace Byers as Reeva Page, even Sean Teale as original character Eclipse. I would definitely not mind seeing most of them again, if those roles ever get a chance again. But I doubt it. None of those characters seem likely to be on the MCU shortlist, which will probably pull from O5 and All-New, All-Different era X-Men, with a splash of Kitty, Jubilee, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jackraow21 View Post
    my god...

deadpool 3 promo art reveals first look at deadpool & wolverine suited up and logan’s comic-accurate mask
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...8959#gs.3ub3ew

also...

deadpool 3 set photos reveal multiple variants of [spoiler] in upcoming mcu threequel
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...8960#gs.3ubbm4

lol.
    They did it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My God...

DEADPOOL 3 Promo Art Reveals First Look At Deadpool & Wolverine Suited Up And Logan’s Comic-Accurate Mask

LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They did it !!!
    It still looks to be just an artist rendering and not actual physical costume on the actor, same as the previous image released.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I had always believed that the larger MCU had always been hesitant to add non-MCU Marvel movies and shows into its official canon for fear of diluting their own stuff (GREAT move on Disney's part). But because D+ has sort of done exactly that, they are now looking to FOX and Netflix properties to revitalize their franchise (which is REALLY ironic in my opinion).

I was really underwhelmed with how the MCU has introduced Cassie Lang, America Chavez, Maya Lopez, Riri Williams and that girl from Secret Invasion in the past three years. They can do SO much better than that. I feel bad for those actresses. I will watch Ironheart to see how it connects to Armor Wars. And I think the MCU should make Ironheart and Wonder Man relatives. I don't wanna see superheroes sharing the same surnames in the MCU that are not related. Just make things simple. There are far too many characters in the MCU as it is. And I'm still not buying the idea Marvel is favoring a quality over quantity approach. There is no evidence of any shows being merged and/or cancelled. They're not focusing on anything. And that's really disappointing to me. Haven't they realized the folly of making the MCU more like the comic books (in terms of a storytelling approach)?

Extraordinary Member

Edited the last page or here.
    Vincent D'Onofrio Addresses Kingpin's Survival From Echo's Attack in Hawkeye Finale
    https://www.cbr.com/vincent-donofrio...gunshot-wound/

Daredevil: Born Again Gets Exciting Update From Vincent D’Onofrio
    After undergoing a major creative overhaul, Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again receives an exciting update from Kingpin actor Vincent D’Onofrio.
    https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-born-a...cent-donofrio/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They did it !!!
    We won. We truly won.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

DAREDEVIL Fight/Stunt coordinator returns as shooting restarts for BORN AGAIN.
    Focus returns to street level action and practical effects.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's about build-up. Taking an existing character, then just... throwing in a new character who's supposedly just as good as the previous character with no... development at all?

Like Supergirl... didn't replace Superman, in fact she was generally seen as a pale imitation at first. Later on they established she was super-smart and clever enough to make even Brainiac 5 pay attention to what she said. But that wasn't part of her ORIGIN story.

Ultragirl is another one. She was kind of like a sidekick to Carol Danvers.... but not really shown as being her equal or trying to replace her when she was introduced. There was a time when Suzy wore the OG Ms Marvel outfit, but that was because Carol had changed to the Captain Marvel look.
    Riri isn't replacing Tony, though. Nor is she supposed to be as good as he was. She's very close but is still utilizing a science he created, not expanding on it or anything. She's not the leader of the Avengers nor figuring out time travel in just 24 hours. There's absolutely no reason to not accept her skillset as presented, other than bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My God...

DEADPOOL 3 Promo Art Reveals First Look At Deadpool & Wolverine Suited Up And Logan’s Comic-Accurate Mask

Also...

DEADPOOL 3 Set Photos Reveal Multiple Variants Of [SPOILER] In Upcoming MCU Threequel
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...8960#gs.3ubbm4

LOL.
    Now really Fox execs, what was so hard about giving us this costume and cowl for Wolvie in the Fox-Men movies around the 2010s?

I can't wait for DP3.

I don't know. Is this artwork official movie poster artwork? In any case.. I'm not believing anything until the movie actually comes out as far as a head cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Riri isn't replacing Tony, though. Nor is she supposed to be as good as he was. She's very close but is still utilizing a science he created, not expanding on it or anything. She's not the leader of the Avengers nor figuring out time travel in just 24 hours. There's absolutely no reason to not accept her skillset as presented, other than bias.
    Well in the MCU Tony is DEAD, and we now have someone new... um... yeah.... what was that you were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    No, you guys are right. I was wrong to criticize characters for being geniuses at young ages. I mean, child prodigies are not unheard in real life, so I imagine in the MCU that has a few of those too. I just wished Riri invented her suits in her own movie/show first. Not in Wakanda Forever.
    I agree with the bolded part, at least with the finished suit. Her having a prototype in BP2 didn't bother me, but it does IMO take something away from her own show to have the completed armor (or a version of that, at any rate) so soon and in someone else's story.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I agree with the bolded part, at least with the finished suit. Her having a prototype in BP2 didn't bother me, but it does IMO take something away from her own show to have the completed armor (or a version of that, at any rate) so soon and in someone else's story.
    The prototype's fine. But for her to go into battle with her new suit (was it several times in WF?) was a strange decision for me. I thought they would make Riri do a Rhodey move by saying "Next time, baby" at the end of this flick so she could have her transition into a superhero take place in the Ironheart series.

And NPR did a pretty good review of Echo recently:

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/18/11979...o-street-level

NPR is definitely not a geek/nerd website, but Glen Weldon (a host of the Pop Culture Happy Hour) IS. It's a well-respected (mostly) non-profit media organization. So there is no agenda behind its review of Echo. And it seemed that the participants had mixed feelings about it. Two of the guests were Native Americans (Sam Yellowhorse Kesler and Shea Vassar), so I valued their comments and perspectives. And to be honest, this is the first time that I heard that Native Americans were somewhat disappointed in how they were portrayed in the show. They also fear that Marvel is gonna "throw Maya away" in favor of more popular characters. I appreciate what Marvel was trying to do with this show and it clearly wasn't a dumpster fire, but I do think some opportunities were missed. It was a success that indigenous people around the world seemed to really like Echo though.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-20-2024 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Now really Fox execs, what was so hard about giving us this costume and cowl for Wolvie in the Fox-Men movies around the 2010s?

I can't wait for DP3.
    Audiences had to crawl before they could fly.