Page 444 of 777 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 11647
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Even with all of that I would not say it was a bad movie...overall it was a good movie...it just could have been a great movie with some changes.

Umar, Kulan Gath or Morgan Le Fay as the villain, Strange and Wanda teaming up to protect America and a plot line about the eventual resurrection of Wanda's kids in the main universe.
    Basically it would be better if this is an actual Dr.Strange sequel with some superhero teamup elements.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This reply is for me or Drops Of Venus or both?
    Let me make clear this way.
    Looking at the RT audience scores most of the audience like doctor strange 2 then most of phase 1 and 2.
    No this is about the people who claim the movie is a total failure which is quite obviously isn't. Personally disliking it is just that and nothing more.

So much pessimism in this thread lol. Mind if we change the subject for a bit and talk about things we liked in the movie? So many fun sequences, my favorite might be the random fight scene between Christine and the souls of the damned. That was the perfect blend of cheesy and cool that only Raimi can pull off.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So much pessimism in this thread lol. Mind if we change the subject for a bit and talk about things we liked in the movie? So many fun sequences, my favorite might be the random fight scene between Christine and the souls of the damned. That was the perfect blend of cheesy and cool that only Raimi can pull off.
    My favorites scenes are the entire Kamar-Taj sequence and the dreamwalking Wanda sequence were definitely my favorites. I really dug how "different" the overall ton was than most comicbook flicks.

I also must say that Karmar-Taj was my absolute favorite part. Alone the suspense as the cloud approached. It really set the tone for the rest of the movie and that the conflict cannot be won by pure firepower.

The Christine part is cool when you get the reference to the first movie.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

My favorites are the scene where Mordo explains dreamwalking because it looked like comic panels and the transitions were cinematic and the Illuminati scene because it was like a What If? comic.

The Ms. Marvel streaming show begins airing on June 8, and She-Hulk will begin airing on August 17.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    She-Hulk will begin airing on August 17.
    Unless Disney moves it to throw off that "leak" from Disney+ UK.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    She-Hulk will begin airing on August 17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Unless Disney moves it to throw off that "leak" from Disney+ UK.

I heard it was coming this summer recently too.
    A trailer is coming real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    No this is about the people who claim the movie is a total failure which is quite obviously isn't. Personally disliking it is just that and nothing more.
    It's clear the MoM was not a total failure, but you do get the sense that there's some disappointment with its reception. I do think folks seemed to like No Way Home and WandaVision a little bit more. I was talking to my brother the other day (he's a pretty big film buff and I'm not so much) and he thought that Top Gun: Maverick is gonna easily surpass the MoM in acclaim later this month. From what I understand, audiences WILL have to watch the first Top Gun movie to better understand its sequel, but the first one is less than two hours long and readily available to watch in many different forms. Plus radio stations around the world play Berlin's "Take My Breath Away" a LOT. And as we have discussed earlier on this thread: Nostalgia SELLS (if done correctly). I've seen and read Cumberbatch and Olsen get interviewed for the MoM, and I just didn't get the vibe that they were satisfied with the final product. Look at the cast of Top Gun: Maverick in this video. They look absolutely confident and enthusiastic to me:

Extraordinary Member

I seen a few folks on youtube reviews etc.. that hated/not like wandavision but really liked/love doctor strange 2 and eternals.
    Could be more of the edgelords who always talk about the mcu canon films needs to go darker more often,show more blood and guts,sex etc..

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I seen a few folks on youtube reviews etc.. that hated/not like wandavision but really liked/love doctor strange 2 and eternals.
    Could be more of the edgelords who always talk about the mcu canon films needs to go darker more often,show more blood and guts,sex etc..
    You could very well be right about the edgelords who want to the MCU to go "dark and gritty". I think the MCU should continue with its family-friendly approach. To ME, I feel that No Way Home and WandaVision just got more favorable receptions than the MoM and the Eternals. Nothing is universally loved (or hated), so we can't agree on everything. But from where I stand, those two projects seemed to get the most attention. For ME, I've been a bit "meh" on Phase 4 so far. It hasn't been BAD, but I'm just kind of losing interest a little bit. I'm happy other folks are enjoying it though. I still WANT to support the MCU, but I think Disney/Marvel is putting out too much content. According to your rumors, we're getting Ms. Marvel, Thor 4, and She-Hulk in RAPID succession. MindofShadow's wife "quit" on the MCU after Loki concluded. If she wants to catch up on stuff since Loki's series, she'll have a LOT of homework to do. And I don't think "casuals" like her will be interested in doing that. That's why I feel like the MCU movies and shows are becoming more for "fans only", as opposed to general audiences.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You could very well be right about the edgelords who want to the MCU to go "dark and gritty". I think the MCU should continue with its family-friendly approach. To ME, I feel that No Way Home and WandaVision just got more favorable receptions than the MoM and the Eternals. Nothing is universally loved (or hated), so we can't agree on everything. But from where I stand, those two projects seemed to get the most attention. For ME, I've been a bit "meh" on Phase 4 so far. It hasn't been BAD, but I'm just kind of losing interest a little bit. I'm happy other folks are enjoying it though. I still WANT to support the MCU, but I think Disney/Marvel is putting out too much content. According to your rumors, we're getting Ms. Marvel, Thor 4, and She-Hulk in RAPID succession. MindofShadow's wife "quit" on the MCU after Loki concluded. If she wants to catch up on stuff since Loki's series, she'll have a LOT of homework to do. And I don't think "casuals" like her will be interested in doing that. That's why I feel like the MCU movies and shows are becoming more for "fans only", as opposed to general audiences.
    Don't think so. With a large amount of constant content the "general audience" will be selective in what they watch, whether it be the shows & movies or just the movies. I dunno know what the total ratings were, but Moon Knight pulled viewership that was the second highest since WandaVision (the last I checked in the first few episodes) and that was largely propelled by the "random bullshit go" memes.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Don't think so. With a large amount of constant content the "general audience" will be selective in what they watch, whether it be the shows & movies or just the movies. I dunno know what the total ratings were, but Moon Knight pulled viewership that was the second highest since WandaVision (the last I checked in the first few episodes) and that was largely propelled by the "random bullshit go" memes.
    You could be right. But how many NEW viewers do you think the MCU attracted with their shows and movies? Moon Knight definitely could because apparently it didn't have much to do with other Marvel characters and shows. So viewers aren't burdened by "what came before" or "what's happening elsewhere". But we all know how long that's gonna last.

I sort of agree with Scott Mendelson of Forbes Magazine. The big second week drop offs for some of these Marvel movies "might just be that these MCU movies are becoming “for fans only” events whereby those who still care show up in the first week. That’s fine if the “fan ceiling” remains high, as was the case for the Twilight Saga sequels or the later Harry Potter and Hunger Games sequels. The MCU became a dominant Hollywood blockbuster force precisely because it played to the fans and to general audiences who would casually choose to show up on Saturday night. If it no longer has that advantage, then it may be closer to just being another big-deal brand/IP in a sea of big-deal brands and IPs." I actually think that's happening.

The whole point of a cinematic universe (to me) is to immerse yourself in the ENTIRE universe to see how things are interconnected and intertwined. How is that possible if folks pick and choose what to watch? You're not getting the full picture. Obviously you can skip a few things, but eventually folks are gonna stare at their screens and go who the fuck is that? What the fuck is going on? I thought that character was a hero/villain, but now she's/he's not? I thought that character was dead, but now she's/he's not? Whatever happened to that character? And I'm JUST talking about folks who already have access to Disney Plus!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This might just be me projecting but from what I've read MoM seems to have had the most production and development issues of any modern MCU movie.

The original director and the one who heralded the first Strange film left and got replaced by Sam Raimi who had to along with a lot of what Kevin Feige told him.

The lead actors seemed concerned about the writing for their characters and their story and Cumberbatch had to actually fight to keep important character-related Dr. Strange scenes in the movie (and not all of them even made it in). Elizabeth Olsen didn't even know she'd be in it until the end of WandaVision and she didn't know about her role until filming (I think?).

The actual events and plot of WandaVision were ignored in favor of relying purely on a post-credit scene to justify something that was true to the comics in the sense of adapting a character change that wasn't even that well-written in the comics.

The CG and FX seem to have been heavily critiqued (possible rush-job?).

Even compared to Eternals it feels like the reception is more mixed or unsure for MoM. At best they've got the people who eat up MCU stuff and the fanservice stuff, but that's the usual.
    From what I've read, Marvel does seem to have a couple of issues lately.

Besides the creative disagreements on MoM, my understanding is the "creative committee" hasn't actually physically met at all since the outbreak of the pandemic.

MoM is actually one of the few Marvel movies that legit didn't follow their usual formula and it just wasn't what the "core MCU" audience. Raimi had a pretty free hand on the movie and he put a lot of his "stuff" into the movie (he didn't even watch Wandavision). Of all the phase 4 movies, I think I actually enjoyed MoM the most but that could be because I'm a big horror guy.

Between MoM and Eternals is clear that Marvel wants to experiment more but I'm not sure if this is what their fans want. I think the fans want more NWH type movies than MoM.