Page 320 of 773 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The first Ant-Man was a dark horse compared to Age of Ultron, which ultimately didn't live up to its hype. AMaTW, I got nothin. I liked it, but I got nothin. I remember it being billed as the MCU's rom-com somewhere. I remember people hyping up the 03' Hulk movie, with Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly, because Ang Lee directed it, but it was kind of artsy and weird, like what people have been saying about Eternals.
    I think people assumed AMaTW was going to be more of a romcom but Reed tempered that expectation a bit leading into the release because the Superhero plot kind of took more focus away from focusing on Scott and Hope's relationship (which also just kind of happened in the original movie).

Re: Kamala Khan's Powers

I'll wait and see how it unfolds on screen. It could be a fake out. Or she has temporary powers in her show and later she gets her 'real' powers in CM2. Either way, it makes more sense to tie her in with CM's lore than the Inhumans since she is first and foremost a CM fan girl. Plus, y'know the IH show was horrible and I don't think the Marvel Studios team wants to acknoweldge it.

Re: Eternals Reviews

Most reviews I've seen have been positive so far. The general gist I've gotten is that if you prefer a lot of fast paced action sequences then this may not be the movie for you as it's long and dense in exposition. But if you like stunning visuals and sci-fi fantasy then this is the movie for you. I look forward to seeing an MCU movie that feels different from the rest plus I like getting a Marvel Cosmic movie that's different in tone from James Gunn's GotG movies.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I've been a champion of IH for a long time lol
    Same. It's underrated movie and I'm glad they've brought Blonsky back for Shang Chi and She Hulk.

CGI budget and not wanting to mix with Reed is all I can think of.
    Hasn't stopped them before. This is a universe where Stark, Banner and Pym has been building time travel machines, exploring strange dimensions, human like AI and nanotech suits long before Reed ever showed up. I wonder how Reed and Doom are going to be impressive in the MCU given what we've seen other geniuses do in the MCU. Unstable molecules aren't going to cut it anymore. lol

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I'll wait and see how it unfolds on screen. It could be a fake out. Or she has temporary powers in her show and later she gets her 'real' powers in CM2. Either way, it makes more sense to tie her in with CM's lore than the Inhumans since she is first and foremost a CM fan girl. Plus, y'know the IH show was horrible and I don't think the Marvel Studios team wants to acknoweldge it.

Most reviews I've seen have been positive so far. The general gist I've gotten is that if you prefer a lot of fast paced action sequences then this may not be the movie for you as it's long and dense in exposition. But if you like stunning visuals and sci-fi fantasy then this is the movie for you. I look forward to seeing an MCU movie that feels different from the rest plus I like getting a Marvel Cosmic movie that's different in tone from James Gunn's GotG movies.

Same. It's underrated movie and I'm glad they've brought Blonsky back for Shang Chi and She Hulk.

Hasn't stopped them before. This is a universe where Stark, Banner and Pym has been building time travel machines, exploring strange dimensions, human like AI and nanotech suits long before Reed ever showed up. I wonder how Reed and Doom are going to be impressive in the MCU given what we've seen other geniuses do in the MCU. Unstable molecules aren't going to cut it anymore. lol
    I think The Incredibles and Rick and Morty pose more of a problem for the Fantastic Four. They borrow heavily from the Fantastic Four and Rick and Morty did stories that Marvel will never do because they "have to wait."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people assumed AMaTW was going to be more of a romcom but Reed tempered that expectation a bit leading into the release because the Superhero plot kind of took more focus away from focusing on Scott and Hope's relationship (which also just kind of happened in the original movie).
    Thank God it wasn't a romcom because Scott & Hope have no chemistry and they're not even a canon couple from the comics (yet conveniently don't get bashed). It's still better than AM1 though

Ultimate Member

I just don't think it's a great idea to change her, and as Ascended said (I think it was them, sorry if I'm wrong), short changing a Pakistani-American girl for an Anglo-American guy (and Reed Richards of all guys) sounds terrible

I suspect Reed wasn't going to impress anyone in the first place. He's basically a parody of a scientist anyway

Discovering the powers of Cosmic Rays and the Negative Zone?

With Doom he has mastery of science, magic, and a whole country at his beck and call. And an army of robots with the Doombots.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Thank God it wasn't a romcom because Scott & Hope have no chemistry and they're not even a canon couple from the comics (yet conveniently don't get bashed). It's still better than AM1 though
    I don't disagree about their lack of chemistry, it's just makes them seem out of sorts as an Ant-Man and Wasp pairing. Of course I still prefer Am1.
    I just don't think it's a great idea to change her, and as Ascended said (I think it was them, sorry if I'm wrong), short changing a Pakistani-American girl for an Anglo-American guy (and Reed Richards of all guys) sounds terrible
    In the grands scheme of things I don't think they're viewing it that way. Assuming movie Reed is even white.
    I suspect Reed wasn't going to impress anyone in the first place. He's basically a parody of a scientist anyway
    I wouldn't say any more than other scientist characters, it's just his scientist side is also a character flaw.

Calm thine ****. We don't know anything yet. Lets wait till a trailer drops at least. And this might not even have anything to do with Reed.

Not really. He's meant to be more of an aloof type of scientist compared to Stark, Pym and Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Discovering the powers of Cosmic Rays and the Negative Zone?

With Doom he has mastery of science, magic, and a whole country at his beck and call. And an army of robots with the Doombots.
    The Cosmic Rays was an accident rather than discovery. It depends on how they introduce the Negative Zone. We already have Pym introducing and the Quantumn Realm as otherworldly dimensions. Reed is going to need something fresh and original to stand out from the crowd. In the comics, I always got the impression that Reed was a bigger genius than Stark, Banner and Pym, in the MCU it's the opposite.

Doom has all the possibilities of being the next great villain if they get all the stuff you listed right. If they don't, people are going to accuse him of just being an evil Iron Man/Dr Strange/Black Panther.

I don't disagree about their lack of chemistry, it's just makes them seem out of sorts as an Ant-Man and Wasp pairing. Of course I still prefer Am1.
    First time I've seen anyone say AM1 was better. The first one was clearly grappling with the fact that Edgar Wright walked out after pre production. The second one felt more like Peyton Reed had 100% control and got to tell the story he wanted. I like the fact that it was a low stakes movie with no real villain and I like they brought in Jimmy Woo, Bill Foster and even blink and miss appearance of Egghead. In many ways, Scott Lang is the down on his luck every man that I wish MCU Peter Parker was.

Yeah that was me (among others who've said the same, I'm sure). But while I don't agree with the idea of changing Kam's powers, John Venus isn't wrong that we should wait and see how things play out. All we have are some rumors and art that is *supposedly* from leaked merchandise. It's not like we have real information here. Marvel has earned the benefit of the doubt from me so I'll give them a chance. But I am concerned; these rumors have been persistent, and so have the art leaks. And there's no real justifiable excuse for a power change; if it's budget they shouldn't be doing Kam on D+, if it's to make her fit in with the other Marvels they're missing the point of the character, and if it's so Reed can be more unique then screw them. I really don't think it's that last thing but it could very well end up looking that way regardless of Marvel's reasoning.

To John's point that Marvel probably isn't thinking about how this plays against Reed.....if they're not they really should be. From a creative standpoint this kind of comparison shouldn't matter, but from the business/PR perspective, it at least deserves a bit of consideration. Optics, yknow?

If this is Kamala using the negabands before getting her actual powers, then fine. But that's about the only path for "different powers" that I can see myself accepting.

Also, like, four of us have said we like Incredible Hulk and I didn't think there were that many of us! I feel seen!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My point is; I can't see them being worried about two stretchy guys when we already have multiple characters sharing the same power set; multiple super soldiers, multiple characters in powered armor, Strange and Wong have the same shield/portal style of magic along with the entire school they learned it in, Agatha and Wanda spend the finale throwing beams at each other, CM and Monica Rambeau have similar powers and even the shrink/grow powers are shared between 2 sets of characters. We also have an upcoming movie which will likely have three Spider-people in it.

So why would they suddenly be worried about two stretchy characters from two different franchises.

Like I said, if they're changing her powers, it's probably because they want her to be a part of the CM/Kree lore rather than the Inhumans lore.

Also these D+ shows are supposed to have budgets comparable to that of feature films. They are spending a lot of $$$ to bring She Hulk to life. So Kamala's change in powers (if that is the case) is definitely not due to budget. Plus there is the possibility that she gains her actual comic accurate powers either by the end of the show or in CM2.

My point is; I can't see them being worried about two stretchy guys when we already have multiple characters sharing the same power set
    And generally I agree with that. I doubt this has anything to do with Reed, and is more about making Kam fit in with Carol and Monica, who are both energy manipulators. But even if Reed isn't a motivator for this, how it's gonna look when Kam gets screwed with and Reed doesn't.....that's potentially bad PR that Marvel can easily avoid by not doing stupid things with Kam.

Like I said, if they're changing her powers, it's probably because they want her to be a part of the CM/Kree lore rather than the Inhumans lore.
    My assumption as well. But there are a lot of ways to connect Kam to the Kree and write around her Inhuman origins without changing her powers completely.

Also these D+ shows are supposed to have budgets comparable to that of feature films. They are spending a lot of $$$ to bring She Hulk to life. So Kamala's change in powers (if that is the case) is definitely not due to budget.
    Also true. Like I said, I don't think the budget is an issue here.

Plus there is the possibility that she gains her actual comic accurate powers either by the end of the show or in CM2
    That's my hope, if Kam's new powers turn out to be true (which really does seem to be the case right now, but we'll see when the show hits).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Personally I don't care if they change her power set if it works within the context of the story they are trying to tell. I mean am no expert on marvel comic characters powers, but I do know that they falcon, spider-man, Black panther, and Jessica Jones that I have seen in the MCU/ Netflix are not the same as the ones I read when I was a kid. And I have accepted them. Black Panther when I was reading him in the 60s, and 70s was a pretty strong and agile guy in a costume. That is nothing like the Black Panther in the MCU. I am sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

The Cosmic Rays was an accident rather than discovery. It depends on how they introduce the Negative Zone. We already have Pym introducing and the Quantumn Realm as otherworldly dimensions. Reed is going to need something fresh and original to stand out from the crowd. In the comics, I always got the impression that Reed was a bigger genius than Stark, Banner and Pym, in the MCU it's the opposite.
    It could be like with Shuri where someone smarter than them just hasn't appeared yet.
    Doom has all the possibilities of being the next great villain if they get all the stuff you listed right. If they don't, people are going to accuse him of just being an evil Iron Man/Dr Strange/Black Panther.
    Well, it's not inaccurate, it's why he's able to play off those characters so well even when he's ostensibly the FF's nemesis.
    First time I've seen anyone say AM1 was better. The first one was clearly grappling with the fact that Edgar Wright walked out after pre production. The second one felt more like Peyton Reed had 100% control and got to tell the story he wanted. I like the fact that it was a low stakes movie with no real villain and I like they brought in Jimmy Woo, Bill Foster and even blink and miss appearance of Egghead. In many ways, Scott Lang is the down on his luck every man that I wish MCU Peter Parker was.
    I feel AM1 was more straightforward and concise and had a stronger climax, although I enjoyed the 2nd enough (especially for Janet and Bill).

My only disappointment with Egghead was they killed him off for Ghost's backstory and didn't establish him as an old foe of the OG!Ant-Man and Wasp.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Personally I don't care if they change her power set if it works within the context of the story they are trying to tell. I mean am no expert on marvel comic characters powers, but I do know that they falcon, spider-man, Black panther, and Jessica Jones that I have seen in the MCU/ Netflix are not the same as the ones I read when I was a kid. And I have accepted them. Black Panther when I was reading him in the 60s, and 70s was a pretty strong and agile guy in a costume. That is nothing like the Black Panther in the MCU. I am sure there are others that I can't think of right now.
    Honestly, I don't think the CGI technology is there to make Kamala's embiggening power from the comics not look stone-cold terrible in live-action, and I suspect that any change to her power to make it an energy aura enveloping and mimicking her limbs underneath is purely to make it not look like absolute ass.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Black Panther when I was reading him in the 60s, and 70s was a pretty strong and agile guy in a costume.
    Youre like, 40 years behind the power creep though lol. All those "pretty strong agile guys" from the 60's are much stronger and faster in the comics now. This isn't a movie thing.

And that isn't evne factoring in the Ultimate Universe mixing in.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html