Page 721 of 775 FirstFirst ... 221621671711717718719720721722723724725731771 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 11619

I wonder if Captain Marvel will still be in the new Avengers movie.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    ofc

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    ofc
    Wow. I guess I walked into that LOL! Hey I'm going to borrow this.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-21-2023 at 08:59 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    People don't want mire wacky fun hero films anymore.
    is it wacky and fun if it's confusing? that's the part of it that I've seen the most criticism of.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    is it wacky and fun if it's confusing? that's the part of it that I've seen the most criticism of.
    I haven't seen anyone say it's confusing. What didn't they understand exactly?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    What are the reasons for such bad box office for the Marvels ?
    Lack of women and Gen Z audience.

There's some chatter going on X, that Silver Surfer will be genderbent. Might be just bad intel from CG types looking for clicks. If not... Yeah, I don't see that going over at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I haven't seen anyone say it's confusing. What didn't they understand exactly?
    Characters jumping from place to place (and not just the Marvels' switching places), tonal shifts, stuff they set up but then kind of gloss over.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    There's some chatter going on X, that Silver Surfer will be genderbent. Might be just bad intel from CG types looking for clicks. If not... Yeah, I don't see that going over at all.
    I don't know if that would be a good idea. I mean, just taking that design and making it female...

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Honest I don't think is just one cause.

For one Engame was really the end of a cycle. Just before the pandemic. There is a sensation than there is nothing more to know. Yes, you can say than Spider-man and GotG3 are proof of the contrary but those two also were like epilogues and also endings for those characters.

Superhero fatigue: Had been like ten years and everything reach a cycle. We maybe simply reach that moment.

Bad Timming: one of the reasons why Captain Marvel had a big income was because it was set between two big Marvel events and that helped a lot. Well, The Marvels had the full opposite circunstances: set after the Hollywood strikes, almost no marketing. Don't forget than Captain Marvel was sold like a movie than was needed tpo be seen to understand Endgame and that was not the case. Honest, the movie seems to be the standar of what Marvel offers. Maybe it was better than Quantumania and Love & Thunder. But the problem it came after those movies. Dissapointments. What people was expecting was another dissapointment and I guess most decided not to bet again.

Too much continuity needed: remember how sometimes comics fan whine about some books needing decades of continuity to be understood? Here happened something similar: You got the feeling than you need to see two Disney+ series to know the characters and understand the plot. I don't say it was that way in the movie, I am talking about the sensation it transmitted. I know Disney would love to have people susbcribing to see all their series, but what will happen is than people will be scared away. Each movie needs to explain by itself and not need other 30 movies or serie sor comics to be understood.

A repeated formula: Marvel has weak villians in their movies. And a lot of comedy. And a narrative structure than repeats and repeats, even if with each character they diguise the argument with effects. Also, they always try to push for the "best still for coming" instead what they have rigth in that moment.

People hate cats: Internet lied to you. Most people really don't like cats.

I don't want to reduce it but I could say than Marvel offered the same as always and people said: "pass".
    I'm globally agree with you, I think one of the elements we seem all to underestimate is the influence of the trolls, not because of their incredible rhetoric, it's simply because nobody want to be associate with or against that, they have attacked Brie non stop since 5 years !!! That create lot of tension, lot of bad press, and honestly that give the geek culture, and more specifically the comicbook culture a really bad reputation, I mean from someone of outside of this world that absolutely repulsive, in some ways the trolls have a strong influence but destructive for the genres (something I'm not sure they are aware about that), I think Marvel should have avoided to confront them, in a way or in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    People don't want mire wacky fun hero films anymore.
    Yes, that probably at least partially true, honestly a new movie like GotG would have never worked today, the dance sequence of Starlord would have been ridiculized today.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Marvel in general don't react like that, Hulk has a big role despite the lack of success of TIH, but I think if there are a reboot after Secret Wars, I think they will comeback to the basics for the character, introduce Mar-vell, make her sexier with the black costume (that have worked for WW and Harley) etc...Carol have a very important chance in comparaison to others characters, she have various identities, various styles etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane D View Post
    Lack of women and Gen Z audience.
    Well at this level sadly it's a lack of everybody, honestly I don't blame or count about the Gen Z, the theaters are extremely expensives and there are 3/4 movies by years from Marvel, it's normal if they wait to the streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Characters jumping from place to place (and not just the Marvels' switching places), tonal shifts, stuff they set up but then kind of gloss over.

I don't know if that would be a good idea. I mean, just taking that design and making it female...
    Maybe something was lost in translation, and they meant Frankie Raye? IDK. I guess we'll see one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which characters jumped from place to place with no explanation and what setups didn't osy off?

Maybe something was lost in translation, and they meant Frankie Raye?
    This is what I am hoping for, I hate when they needlessly genderbend a character when there is a perfectly good alternative already established in canon. I always liked Nova in the 90's Surfer comics.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Do we know if it's Silver Surfer or just another Herald of Galactus? Because that would be cool as hell and then we get Silver Surfer later after Galactus gets defeated by the FF

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Which characters jumped from place to place with no explanation and what setups didn't osy off?
    I was just saying what criticisms I've heard when it comes to the movie being "confusing." I think part of it was also the result of all the re-shoots it seemingly had.

Niffleheim

I want to hear Norrin whine and pine for Shalla-Bal lol One of my friend would actually cry if this happens.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-21-2023 at 03:06 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough