Page 317 of 761 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/hulk/...9010#gs.e8228d

WWH? ... how? I didn't see that coming....
    I hope this is true and they mix in elements from Future Imperfect into this. Then do a version of 'Immortal Hulk'.

Only issue is that Ruffalo is getting kind of old. Will they recast or kill off the Hulk at some point? Multiple Hulk forms gives them an 'out' so they can recast if they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Marvel Universe is so vast with so many stories and characters. I'm glad people will see more than X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Avengers, etc. They're good, but Disney is trying to get into niche/indie type characters with their millions of Disney dollars.

I think Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange opened the door for less popular Marvel characters getting the green light.

Maybe the Eternals bashing will stop when more people see the movie (maybe not). Disney spent millions to make this work.
    Don't forget Guardians. That was a huge sea change. So were IM1 and Winter Soldier to extent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like he was done just enough to service the film while still being a solid villain. But that's just me .

I mean, thematically he was Scott Lang's first villain so it makes sense they'd use him...
    Yeah but he had 2 issues then died. That's nothing. Iron Man's first villain was a Vietnamese warlord IIRC but he didn't make it into the movie

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They just show she's not wearing underwear under her costume which plays into kink/sexualization. I think it's unnecessary and could live without it.
    It just seems like another think male artists put female characters through that has no real purpose

I hope this is true and they mix in elements from Future Imperfect into this. Then do a version of 'Immortal Hulk'.

Only issue is that Ruffalo is getting kind of old. Will they recast or kill off the Hulk at some point? Multiple Hulk forms gives them an 'out' so they can recast if they like.
    I wonder how much different it is not being on-screen but doing mo-cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Yeah but he had 2 issues then died. That's nothing. Iron Man's first villain was a Vietnamese warlord IIRC but he didn't make it into the movie
    Said issues were also Scott Lang's origin story.

You could use the Immortal Hulk storyline to recast him. He gets a younger body as a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could use the Immortal Hulk storyline to recast him. He gets a younger body as a side effect.
    That would be clever. And since the multiverse is in play, maybe we can get a variant of Hulk that became the Maestro.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I have a hard time seeing the MCU doing Immortal Hulk justice with the way they handled him with Ruffalo.

Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting. Banner also 'transforms' and by the end, he looks like the somebody else. That's how you recast Banner if you want to keep him long term.

A WWH/Future Imperfect adaptation could be interesting since MCU Hulk has a more heroic reputation especially after the 5 year time skip.

I have a hard time seeing the MCU doing Immortal Hulk justice with the way they handled him with Ruffalo.
    It could be the MCU'S first shot into horror. Unless Doctor Strange counts.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-23-2021 at 11:08 AM.

I thought they did a good job building up Blonsky, personally.
    Yeah I thought Abomination was relatively well done. There wasn't a ton to the guy, but there was enough for him to feel like more than a one-dimensional blank slate and his motivations were understandable. Who wouldn't like to turn the clock back and regain the physicality of their youth? He was better than most Marvel villains at least. Not as well developed (within a single movie) as Loki, Ghost, and maybe a couple others, but still better than the majority of MCU bad guys.

As for this Hulk news.....did Universal lose the distribution rights to the name? In any case I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like Hulk movie rumors crop up with regularity so I won't put any stock in this until Fiege says it's happening.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It could be the MCU'S first shot into horror. Unless Doctor Strange counts.
    Could be, but I just don't think they envision MCU Hulk that way.

Like Banner in the comics has a lot of psychological trauma and baggage and they've kind of moved away from that in the movies for a more goofy version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah I thought Abomination was relatively well done. There wasn't a ton to the guy, but there was enough for him to feel like more than a one-dimensional blank slate and his motivations were understandable. Who wouldn't like to turn the clock back and regain the physicality of their youth? He was better than most Marvel villains at least. Not as well developed (within a single movie) as Loki, Ghost, and maybe a couple others, but still better than the majority of MCU bad guys.

As for this Hulk news.....did Universal lose the distribution rights to the name? In any case I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like Hulk movie rumors crop up with regularity so I won't put any stock in this until Fiege says it's happening.
    And the final fight was good. That "Hulk Smash" was one of my favorite MCU moments.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Is Ms. Marvel the first time they completely changed a powerset for the MCU? Outside of Mantis I guess but she's a background singer lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is Ms. Marvel the first time they completely changed a powerset for the MCU? Outside of Mantis I guess but she's a background singer lol
    Not the first time since comic book Thanos had access to energy beams and telepathy that were noticeably absent in the MCU. But what we really need to look out for is whether Marvel omitted her inhuman heritage or not. If they did then that shows it’s gonna be a while until the Inhumans can get rebooted.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"