Page 312 of 773 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 11592
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I guess you could call it that, but I wouldn't use that term myself.
    It's copy and paste when there is no deviation or in the case of comics-appearances to show those differences.

See Static and Black Lightning.

Those who HATE Static-scream why should DC bother with him when he and Jefferson have the same powers.

They do NOT. This is what happens when you don't have trades of previous runs or folks who do not understand reading is fundamental.

Static had powers Jefferson does not have. Depending on what version we go by Static can heal himself and be changed by Solar flares.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's copy and paste when there is no deviation or in the case of comics-appearances to show those differences.

See Static and Black Lightning.

Those who HATE Static-scream why should DC bother with him when he and Jefferson have the same powers.

They do NOT. This is what happens when you don't have trades of previous runs or folks who do not understand reading is fundamental.

Static had powers Jefferson does not have. Depending on what version we go by Static can heal himself and be changed by Solar flares.
    IMO that wouldn't apply to this case if SW has chaos magic and other abilities other heroes possess.

I'm not totally familiar with the differences between BL and SS powers

It's just totally pointless. What does she need it for? And her being psychic as a Romani character is very tasteless considering that's a stereotype. So comics version definitely should never get it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's just totally pointless. What does she need it for? And her being psychic as a Romani character is very tasteless considering that's a stereotype. So comics version definitely should never get it.
    Is that due to associations of Romani with witchcraft?

I don't understand this fixation on giving Wanda telepathic powers in the comics. Nor do I understand how this discussion suddenly side tracked into one about Static and Black Lightning's powers.

While we are at it maybe Wanda should start breathing fire from now on. That would be totally new and original just like telepathy.

Is that due to associations of Romani with witchcraft?
    The psychic thing doesn't have anything to do with the witchcraft thing. And the witchcraft thing is sort of complicated. Because there are Romani that do practice it in a way (it's more like herbalism). But there are no Romani that are psychic. There are some that do hand readings, tea leaf readings and tarot, but not everyone. Those things are more of a stereotype when every Romani character is doing it. And for that I'd rather they create more Romani characters not linked to that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't understand this fixation on giving Wanda telepathic powers in the comics. Nor do I understand how this discussion suddenly side tracked into one about Static and Black Lightning's powers.

While we are at it maybe Wanda should start breathing fire from now on. That would be totally new and original just like telepathy.
    I don't get where you got that from. We're talking about her MCU version

Ultimate Member

The psychic thing doesn't have anything to do with the witchcraft thing. And the witchcraft thing is sort of complicated. Because there are Romani that do practice it in a way (it's more like herbalism). But there are no Romani that are psychic. There are some that do hand readings, tea leaf readings and tarot, but not everyone. Those things are more of a stereotype when every Romani character is doing it. And for that I'd rather they create more Romani characters not linked to that.
    Ok, but any kind of mystical power would be a racist stereotype. If Marvel wanted to avoid that, she'd have been a science hero, for example. Whereas Pietro's powers don't stereotype him, as far as I know

Ok, but any kind of mystical power would be a racist stereotype. If Marvel wanted to avoid that, she'd have been a science hero, for example. Whereas Pietro's powers don't stereotype him, as far as I know
    Not necessarily because originally it wasn't tied to her being Romani. I prefer it not be tied to her family or genetics. Robinson decided to tie it to the Maximoffs and I'd prefer it if they separated that. Her powers were there before she was made Romani.

So you have magic that is in someway used. Psychic that is never a thing. Keep the stereotypes as limited as possible. And as away from her family as possible.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-17-2021 at 09:47 PM.

I don't get where you got that from. We're talking about her MCU version
    Talking about both really. Ok with some things with the MCU version since it's very different. But not her comics version.

Anyone excited for Hawkeye?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't wait. I hope it becomes a thing to watch around the holidays each year. And I hope to see some tracksuit draculas.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

bro!

come on bro! of course we are bro!

More curious than excited.

I really want to see the Cap Broadway show.

Ultimate Member

Not necessarily because originally it wasn't tied to her being Romani. I prefer it not be tied to her family or genetics. Robinson decided to tie it to the Maximoffs and I'd prefer it if they separated that. Her powers were there before she was made Romani.

So you have magic that is in someway used. Psychic that is never a thing. Keep the stereotypes as limited as possible. And as away from her family as possible.
    I see what you mean about the genetics, but I don't see how 'psychic' is any more racist than any other 'magical power'

Not me. I'm curious to see how new Hawkeye & Echo turn out as characters (hopefully they're done right), but I can't care at all about Clint.