Page 720 of 776 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730770 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 11629

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Women didn’t show up for this, I don’t think they’ll show up for Sue either (men will but not as many).
    Women didn't show up for it because of bad word of mouth. They just need to do better by F4. It doesn't have anything to do with women being the focus. I love a lot of female characters, but they have to have better personalities than they gave Carol. Even at points where she should have had any emotional reaction in the movie, she did not. And the whole Monica being mad at her for doing her job when Monica is a grown woman didn't make sense. The villain was incredibly weak. It has a lot wrong with it that has nothing to do with characters of our same gender attracting us to watch stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Shuri in that suit for BP 3 is a way to get a bigger box than Flash and Justice League could ever do.

Unless some version of T'Challa is in that suit-Shuri can't carry that film alone.

Many said "No T'Challa no ticket" and many did NOT appreciate the bashing lead by certain parts of the community to make them watch the movie.

It will take more than Black Girl magic for that movie to break even. Unless that movie is going to introduce the Fantastic Four or X-Men or Inhumans or someone of major importance.
    And the movie still grossed 800 million dollars without China. So apparently it wasn't that many.

The Marvels flopped mainly because the first movie and the character was not too popular among fans, and Marvel barely doing anything with Carol after introducing her. Black Panther/Shuri doesn't have that issue.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 11-19-2023 at 08:54 PM.

I think there's legitimate concerns that Shuri can really carry a film as BP from the get-go but this is probably the one franchise that relies more on the supporting cast than the "lead" which partially why they were able to work around the absence of T'Challa in my opinion (not perfectly, mind you).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there's legitimate concerns that Shuri can really carry a film as BP from the get-go but this is probably the one franchise that relies more on the supporting cast than the "lead" which partially why they were able to work around the absence of T'Challa in my opinion (not perfectly, mind you).
    I'm a bit skeptical Shuri can carry the BP franchise. And for that matter, I don't think Marvel Studios believes it, either, such that they created an out to bring back T'Challa similarly to how Beerfest brought back Landfill, but played it straight and not for comedy.

I am not a fan of the recent Marvel stuff, and I do get a sense of relief to see their content struggle to gain traction because I think they lost that right blend of creativity and corporatism and pushed out content and accelerated rates. But I do think there are a lot of people were looking for any reason to dunk on Marvel Studios, and not just the right-leaning crowd. I guess that's not worse than some of the shill-like reviews that were coming out in the mid-2010s... Maybe the key takeaways I see are 1) make your own opinions and 2) it's just hard for large crowds of people to be passionate about something for 15+ years.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-19-2023 at 10:59 PM.

Count me in as someone skeptical Shuri can really carry a movie on her own. BP2 did great but it made half a billion less than the first movie. I'd expect a 3rd movie where she is the start to make even less than that

Extraordinary Member

Some updates for mcu phase 5 and 6 films and series.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Five
    Films
    Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

The Marvels

Deadpool 3
    July 26, 2024
    Status Filming on hiatus

Captain America: Brave New World
    February 14, 2025
    Status Post-production

Television series

Secret Invasion

Loki

What If...?
    December 22, 2023
    In production

Echo
    January 10, 2024
    Post-production

Agatha: Darkhold Diaries
    Late 2024
    Post-production

Ironheart
    TBA
    Post-production

Shorts
    I Am Groot season 2 (2023)
    Originally released
    September 6, 2023

Daredevil: Born Again
    TBD
    Filming on hiatus
    Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Six
    Films
    Fantastic Four
    May 2, 2025
    Pre-production

Thunderbolts
    July 25, 2025
    Pre-production

Blade
    November 7, 2025
    Pre-production

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty
    May 1, 2026
    In development

Avengers: Secret Wars
    May 7, 2027
    In development

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe films
    Future
    TBA
    In development

Armor Wars

Untitled Spider-Man: No Way Home sequel

Untitled Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings sequel

Untitled X-Men film

At any given time, Marvel Studios has future films planned five to six years out from what they have announced.By April 2014, additional storylines were planned through 2028,with MCU films through 2032 being planned by April 2022. Disney has scheduled additional release dates for unannounced Marvel Studios films on February 13, July 24, and November 6, 2026.

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe television series
    Future
    Untitled Wakanda series
    In development

Spider-Man: Freshman Year
    In development

Spider-Man: Sophomore Year
    Season 2
    In production

Marvel Zombies
    In production

Wonder Man
    Filming on hiatus

Untitled Nova series
    In production

What If...?
    Season 3
    In development

Vision Quest
    In development

Daredevil: Born Again
    Season 2
    In development

At any given time, Marvel Studios has future television series planned five-to-six years out from what they have announced.By December 2020, after announcing series through the end of 2022,future series were planned through 2028. Marvel Studios was taking a slower developmental timeline for future series, such as the upcoming Nova series, by February 2023 amid Disney's larger decision to scale back content output and costs.

Source wikipedia
    Last edited by mace11; 11-20-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Count me in as someone skeptical Shuri can really carry a movie on her own. BP2 did great but it made half a billion less than the first movie. I'd expect a 3rd movie where she is the start to make even less than that
    Yeah, I honestly don't think they should try it based on how badly The Marvels just flopped.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Happy "Deadpool 3 Resumes Production Day" everyone!

DEADPOOL 3 Star Hugh Jackman Shares Big Update On Production After Dropping Impressive Workout Video
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...7924#gs.0n8bzs

Also, I'm digging the white chops... maybe he just dyes them, but part of me thinks it's for an older variant he's also playing... perhaps the one that gets stuck in the MCU with Deadpool at the end of this film... akin to the OML variant that got stuck in the 616 Marvel U after the 2015 Secret Wars comic event, perhaps? The one who came over, spent some time here, then went back to his dystopian future and died? Sound familiar. Hmm... could be the FOX version from some point in between the happy ending of DoFP set in 2023 and the tragic events of Logan in 2029. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Happy "Deadpool 3 Resumes Production Day" everyone!

DEADPOOL 3 Star Hugh Jackman Shares Big Update On Production After Dropping Impressive Workout Video
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...7924#gs.0n8bzs

Also, I'm digging the white chops... maybe he just dyes them, but part of me thinks it's for an older variant he's also playing... perhaps the one that gets stuck in the MCU with Deadpool at the end of this film... akin to the OML variant that got stuck in the 616 Marvel U after the 2015 Secret Wars comic event, perhaps? The one who came over, spent some time here, then went back to his dystopian future and died? Sound familiar. Hmm... could be the FOX version from some point in between the happy ending of DoFP set in 2023 and the tragic events of Logan in 2029. Just saying.

Be funny if we get comic-accurate OML.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-20-2023 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Be funny if we get comic-accurate OML.
    I would love it, but even just a FOX version that's a little gray at the temples (as he was at the end of DoFP) and also graying in the muzzle (his chops) would be cool to me. It would definitely let the audiences know that this is an older variant, so when they bring in the younger MCU Wolverine he's clearly a different character. Would help audiences move on from Jackman and accept the eventual recasting IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Wonder Woman and Wakanda Forever were female-led superhero movies, which made 800+ million at the Box Office. So I don't think gender is an issue.
    Not onely that, but the first Captain Marvel have done more of 1 billions dollars, that still the best female box office for a superheroine, no it's not simply because of Endgame, the movie have a cinemascore of A, and have good legs in box office (if it was not rejected), so if it's not because of Brie or Carol, for me it's more of various accumulative situation, first imho this sequel is not really a direct sequel of Captain Marvel but more a "spin-off" closer to Ms Marvel, the problem it's most general audience don't have Disney plus and most peoples don't have seen Ms Marvel, lot of peoples have complained that the MCU feel like homework with various tv shows etc...there are also the strike, the lack of marketing, the fact the movie will be available soon to Disney plus (lot of cbr members have said that the theaters are too expensives etc...),that create a complicated condition for the the movie.

Wakanda Forever is a very different movie, who is not onely a direct sequel to the first movie, but you can see the movie itself in his own merit without to see the first one, WW84 have been a box office bomb and it was not because of the Covid, during the same period Bad Boys for life have worked well, despite the popularity success of Harley Quinn, all the sequels of the Suicide Squad have done worst that the Marvels at the box office; maybe there are some true about the "limit" to the sucess of a female hero, maybe general audience are curious for the first movies but don't mind to see their sequels, it's really the same pattern for WW84, Harley Quinn and now the Marvels.

According The Hollywood Reported they know that the Marvels will not be a sucess, that clear they don't have tried to promote that, Disney seem aware to have sacrificied this movie for Disney plus, because that have never worked to sell a sequel of a tv shows in movies theaters for what I know (except maybe the first x-files movie ?).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Black Panther/Shuri doesn't have that issue.
    Yes she does.

Because excluding the movie-everything Marvel and Disney have done with her is focus on HER. She has 3 novels that are endorsed by teacher groups. Not one of them has her as Black Panther but as herself.

If we had 3 T'Challa based movies with development for Shuri-you could get away with a DECENT not $250 million Shuri side movie.

And expecting the black community to blindly support-lets look at female action hero movies like Proud Mary, Columbiana and Woman King. Guess who didn't show up in droves or made going to those movies events like Black Panther or Wakanda Forever.

Yet who online will chirp the loudest demanding these movies and yet don't show up for them?

And what plot would you have?

Who at Marvel could she face that she could beat?

Namor returns to flood Wakanda again?
    Doom shows up and wipes the floor with her?
    A time displaced Wrecking Crew arrives?
    Tosin shows up to take the suit?
    Catwoman um Besia shows up?
    The Fugitive Doctor Who shows up?

What are the reasons for such bad box office for the Marvels ?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-20-2023 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Honest I don't think is just one cause.

For one Engame was really the end of a cycle. Just before the pandemic. There is a sensation than there is nothing more to know. Yes, you can say than Spider-man and GotG3 are proof of the contrary but those two also were like epilogues and also endings for those characters.

Superhero fatigue: Had been like ten years and everything reach a cycle. We maybe simply reach that moment.

Bad Timming: one of the reasons why Captain Marvel had a big income was because it was set between two big Marvel events and that helped a lot. Well, The Marvels had the full opposite circunstances: set after the Hollywood strikes, almost no marketing. Don't forget than Captain Marvel was sold like a movie than was needed tpo be seen to understand Endgame and that was not the case. Honest, the movie seems to be the standar of what Marvel offers. Maybe it was better than Quantumania and Love & Thunder. But the problem it came after those movies. Dissapointments. What people was expecting was another dissapointment and I guess most decided not to bet again.

Too much continuity needed: remember how sometimes comics fan whine about some books needing decades of continuity to be understood? Here happened something similar: You got the feeling than you need to see two Disney+ series to know the characters and understand the plot. I don't say it was that way in the movie, I am talking about the sensation it transmitted. I know Disney would love to have people susbcribing to see all their series, but what will happen is than people will be scared away. Each movie needs to explain by itself and not need other 30 movies or serie sor comics to be understood.

A repeated formula: Marvel has weak villians in their movies. And a lot of comedy. And a narrative structure than repeats and repeats, even if with each character they diguise the argument with effects. Also, they always try to push for the "best still for coming" instead what they have rigth in that moment.

People hate cats: Internet lied to you. Most people really don't like cats.

I don't want to reduce it but I could say than Marvel offered the same as always and people said: "pass".
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-20-2023 at 07:26 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    People don't want mire wacky fun hero films anymore.