Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
I wasn't thrilled with the finale of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. In fact, I wasn't thrilled with the finales of WandaVision and Loki either. I get what you're saying about Sam and that would have been some compelling television, but one of the things I did like about the final episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier is that he actually saved people. He didn't "beat up the final video game boss", but rescued a bunch of people from that helicopter. Mind you, Stark rescuing those passengers and crew from Air Force One in Iron Man 3 was in my opinion much more creative and funnier, but I appreciated what the show's writers were trying to do there. And I agree with you and Mik that Sam probably went a bit too far in sympathizing with terrorists. But again, I do think Sam was meant to be portrayed as a compassionate guy. Didn't really work though, at least for me.
I don't think Sam needed to kill anyone. The whole point is that he doesn't. Him being compassionate is good. But the show had to kill her off for some reason anyway.