Page 775 of 775 FirstFirst ... 275675725765771772773774775
Results 11,611 to 11,617 of 11617

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What do you think of the idea of a T'Challa variant from a universe where Wakanda was destroyed joining the MCU-199999 universe and taking over the throne? Perhaps the new T'Challa is more jaded and wants to make Wakanda more isolationist which puts him at odds with Nakia but the other Wakandans are in agreement. Also would allow them to weave in the idea of the new T'Challa 'replacing' the old one.
    Clearly if we are going to introduce variant T'Challa for BLACK PANTHER that goes in a different direction than the MCU T'Challa we have seen thus far, I have 3 words for you:
    HAPPY
    PANTS
    PANTHER

aka Fruity Pebbles Panther etc... "from the makers of DEADPOOL!"

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-24-2024 at 04:02 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

(cross-posting from Books Forum intro to MCU thread where discussion turned to the misuse of Anna Paquin as Rogue in the FoX-MEN movie series)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This was the original 'Casting Zendaya, the most Mary Jane Watson person ever, as Mary Jane Watson' but then bending over backwards to ensure she barely resembles the character... or herself.

There's misogyny at play in both cases. In Paquin's case, a more direct case where they wanted to focus more on the male characters around her. In Zendaya's case, some weird strain of sexism towards conventionally glamorous women like Comics MJ that Marvel has also played a role in stoking since One More Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Absolutely.

Really made me side eye Marvel/Sony with Zendaya playing MJ, like you had to wait for a black actress to be in the role to make the character frumpy when she's always been sexy and vibrant in the comics?

Ugh.
    I've read the "we didn't know who Zendaya was when we cast her" story about her playing MJ, but have they ever addressed why they created Michelle vs having a a glam MJ? Initially I thought with the casting of Z and the so called "frumping" of brainy Michelle, that the character would get a glow up in sequels but...
    Zendaya has redhead glam cred for days...

Last edited by Thirteen; Yesterday at 01:31 PM.

Still hoping for a college glow-up...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What do you think of the idea of a T'Challa variant from a universe where Wakanda was destroyed joining the MCU-199999 universe and taking over the throne? Perhaps the new T'Challa is more jaded and wants to make Wakanda more isolationist which puts him at odds with Nakia but the other Wakandans are in agreement. Also would allow them to weave in the idea of the new T'Challa 'replacing' the old one.
    That would be cool but instead of keeping Wakanda isolationist I’d make it about the new T’Challa trying to earn the trust of the sacred timeline Wakandans, which he eventually succeeds in winning everyone over EXCEPT Nakia who can then begin her Malice arc. Actually a variant would be a good way for Coogler to do the father and son story he initially wanted to do for WF before Chadwick passed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Does anyone have a speculation they'd like to share on what the so-called "mind-numbing" mid-credits tease will contain

from the Deadpool & Wolverine movie?
    I wonder if it could possibly be a cameo with the Fantastic Four, pre-empting their movie which would be within the year following DP/W

Other possibilities are different versions of the Avengers showing up, like one that resembles the original 616 one.
    ?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Does anyone have a speculation they'd like to share on what the so-called "mind-numbing" mid-credits tease will contain

from the Deadpool & Wolverine movie?
    I wonder if it could possibly be a cameo with the Fantastic Four, pre-empting their movie which would be within the year following DP/W

Other possibilities are different versions of the Avengers showing up, like one that resembles the original 616 one.
    ?
    A Variants only version of the Schwarma scene from AVENGERS...

...or Wade and Logan in bed together.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A Variants only version of the Schwarma scene from AVENGERS...

...or Wade and Logan in bed together.
    I totally missed that possibility. Would be mind-numbing to be sure.

But a replay of an Avengers scene with either variants or the "way it happened in 616"

I have also thought about something that crosses

The Age of Ultron movie with the comic of the same name.

Same idea, Wolverine decides to head to the past to kill whoever.

And like the comic, Invisible Woman stows away. To be continued or something.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all