Page 521 of 773 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 11593
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems like there are more active d-and c-list villains active in the MCU than we thought.
    Shockingly so

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I was thinking Emilia would be the Queen of Skrulls, who is also impersonating

Spider Woman in the comic story.
    This is a great idea, I just wish this was an entire Phase and not a D+ show.

Imagine 6-8 movies where it is slowly revealed that some of Earth's mightiest heroes are imposters and they have been ever since they returned from the Blip.

It would be so awesome

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Makes no sense for Spider-Woman to be the Queen of Skrulls, considering she has never been introduced in the MCU and the reasons for why she was chosen don't exist.

In the MCU, Maria Hill seems the perfect candidate- easily recognizable, with lots of connections, but doesn't call enough attention that people will begin question her behavior.

Niffleheim

Yup, I don't see the logic of having a spider-woman being the queen of the skrull when we don't have one in the universe and more importantly how will it serve the story when she'll be newly introduced? The same thing with Doom being the big bad in Secret Wars where is the logic there if the multiverse saga is still ongoing?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    nailed it, cheap as hell CGI lol

random colors go brrrrrrrrrrr
    Are you a WH40k fan?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Been binging the Netflix shows. Jessica Jones was a slog to get through although I like the character.
    I thought the show was well-made, and many of the characters were compelling and / or had neat arcs, but Jessica herself annoyed me. I'm a fan of super-heroes. And here is a story about a woman who will, until it is beyond too late and people have died, do everything in her power *NOT* to do anything at all about her problems. It's just super-frustrating knowing that she could have whipped a manhole cover at Killgrave's head in like, minute two of season one. And that's pretty much her entire arc through both seasons. I have all these problems, and they could be dealt with if I didn't sit around and drink, but instead I'll sit around and drink, and they'll get worse, until, kicking and screaming, the situation finally gets so dire, and enough people die, that I'll begrudgingly do something vaguely too late to matter that I could have done at the beginning if I wasn't sitting on my couch complaining about how much it sucks to be a hot chick with super-powers...

I did like her better in the Defenders series, snarking on Daredevil and Iron Fist, and busting out the detective skills (and grousing about how she seemed to be the only person in New York who didn't know martial arts).

Iron Fist was watchable enough but not great. Daredevil and Luke Cage are very strong. Looking forward to the Punisher as well. There's recent chatter about what DD:BA could set up Defenders/Thunderbolts wise. So yeah, excited for upcoming MCU stuff.
    I have yet to watch Punisher, I really have to get around to that!

(I never really considered 'dude has a gun' to really be a super-power, and I am totally a powers snob, but I liked Black Widow, so I'm also a total hypocrite, I guess!)

Extraordinary Member

Why would you have The Hood in an Ironheart show? That seems so random.

Like, Ezekial Stane, Tomoe, that I can see, but The Hood!?

Also Riri now has a more comic-accurate prototype armor.
    I think part of the issue is they are using some characters who really don't have much in the way of their own villains. Someone like Spidey or Cap has a pretty deep bench. Riri not so much.

There are many fan-made MCU videos in Youtube, but this one is by far the most EPIC I have seen so far. "Fight as one" combined with the most epic scenes of all the MCU (up to Infinity War). And when I say "all", I mean it. Give it some minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think part of the issue is they are using some characters who really don't have much in the way of their own villains. Someone like Spidey or Cap has a pretty deep bench. Riri not so much.
    I feel like Ezekial Stane or Techno Golem would make a lot of sense but that's me looking at it as a comic book fan.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Makes no sense for Spider-Woman to be the Queen of Skrulls, considering she has never been introduced in the MCU and the reasons for why she was chosen don't exist.

In the MCU, Maria Hill seems the perfect candidate- easily recognizable, with lots of connections, but doesn't call enough attention that people will begin question her behavior.
    Just because there isn't a Spider-Woman, doesn't mean Jessica Drew can't be a pre-existing character. Nick Fury has known Carol Danvers since the 90s and we only found out about that a decade after the first MCU movie. It's not impossible to introduce Jessica Drew as a known/respected S.H.I.E.L.D./S.W.O.R.D. agent. Specially after the five-year flashforward gave them a lot of room to establish things we never saw on-screen.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-11-2022 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Just because there isn't a Spider-Woman, doesn't mean Jessica Drew can't be a pre-existing character. Nick Fury has known Carol Danvers since the 90s and we only found out about that a decade after the first MCU movie. It's not impossible to introduce Jessica Drew as a known/respected S.H.I.E.L.D./S.W.O.R.D. agent. Specially after the five-year flashforward gave them a lot of room to establish things we never saw on-screen.
    Again, doesn't work- Spider-Woman was chosen because she was known to readers for decades as well as by the characters, and her background already made her a natural fit. Meanwhile, you want her to be introduced, have all these connections to already long established characters be revealed, and then reveal she was the Skrull queen, all that in a crossover with dozens of characters, where there's supposed to be mystery about who's a Skrull or not, while at the same time taking viewers unfamiliar with the story by surprise? Yeah, no.

If there's a Jessica Drew in Secret Wars, you bet is going to be a red herring to throw comic book fans off their scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I have yet to watch Punisher, I really have to get around to that!

(I never really considered 'dude has a gun' to really be a super-power, and I am totally a powers snob, but I liked Black Widow, so I'm also a total hypocrite, I guess!)
    Punisher's superpower is never being wrong lol. Dude might as well be the Angel of Death or something with is supernatural ability to kill only bad guys lol.

Also, he might as well have a healing factor to with all the damage he takes an dkeeps on coming .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I was just thinking the other day about the rumors of a World War Hulk project. The MCU is in the Multiverse Saga and Secret Wars is on the way...they could introduce the Maestro in the World War Hulk role inducing the 616 Earth.

It seems like there are more active d-and c-list villains active in the MCU than we thought.
    I blame the Blip.

Actually, that's probably exactly what happened for a lot of these guys. All that chaos and economic uncertainty would certainly be enough to drive people to radical ends, like experiments they shouldn't be performing or causing accidents they'd otherwise avoid or just picking up a gun or a brick and making a bad choice. And with everyone focused on the big problems and major issues, with half the heroes (and cops, etc) gone, with hunger and industrial collapse a legitimate danger, who's got time to chase down the small time pawn shop thief who dresses up like a frog? Who'd even notice that guy, during the Blip's madness?

I figure a lot of the others were "always there" but were too small time to be seen in the movies. Sort of like how people used to say the Netflix Defenders weren't mentioned because, why would they be? Movies are dealing with extinction level events, who's gonna wanna recruit the guy who struggles to protect three city blocks in NYC?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I was just thinking the other day about the rumors of a World War Hulk project. The MCU is in the Multiverse Saga and Secret Wars is on the way...they could introduce the Maestro in the World War Hulk role inducing the 616 Earth.
    Problem with a Hulk movie is that the rights of distribution aren't Marvel's. But I wouldn't be surprised if Secret Wars didn't introduce the Maestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I blame the Blip.

Actually, that's probably exactly what happened for a lot of these guys. All that chaos and economic uncertainty would certainly be enough to drive people to radical ends, like experiments they shouldn't be performing or causing accidents they'd otherwise avoid or just picking up a gun or a brick and making a bad choice. And with everyone focused on the big problems and major issues, with half the heroes (and cops, etc) gone, with hunger and industrial collapse a legitimate danger, who's got time to chase down the small time pawn shop thief who dresses up like a frog? Who'd even notice that guy, during the Blip's madness?

I figure a lot of the others were "always there" but were too small time to be seen in the movies. Sort of like how people used to say the Netflix Defenders weren't mentioned because, why would they be? Movies are dealing with extinction level events, who's gonna wanna recruit the guy who struggles to protect three city blocks in NYC?
    Has Daredevil been fighting all of these guys ?