Page 582 of 773 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592632682 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 11594
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I also think Drax dies, but I don't think he would be the only one just because I have a hard time imagining Gunn doing some truly emotional farewell to the character. Like, if that scene of Quill screaming is when someone is dying, I just can't imagine that level of raw emotion being put on a Drax scene. IDK, maybe Gunn will surprise me, but that's how little I expect from Drax being taken seriously as a character. lol

spoilers:
    (Another reason why I think Drax dies is because I fully believe those old leaks/rumors about Moondragon appearing, and since Dave Bautista has indicated he's pretty much ''done'' with the role, I think it would make no sense for him to leave the team right when his daughter is introduced. I think it makes more sense that he ends up sacrificing himself to save her or something like that)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-02-2022 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Agreed.

I see Rocket leaving the team to finally be "happy"

Peter (unless chris contract runs out or something) forms a new team at the end.

Drax bites it.
    I think Drax is gonna die too. Especially considering Mantis’ reaction in the trailer. Drax is the one she’s the closest to so it makes since that she would be the most torn up aside from the other OG guardians if he were to perish.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I also think Drax dies, but I don't think he would be the only one just because I have a hard time imagining Gunn doing some truly emotional farewell to the character. Like, if that scene of Quill screaming is when someone is dying, I just can't imagine that level of raw emotion being put on a Drax scene. IDK, maybe Gunn will surprise me, but that's how little I expect from Drax being taken seriously as a character. lol

spoilers:
    (Another reason why I think Drax dies is because I fully believe those old leaks/rumors about Moondragon appearing, and since Dave Bautista has indicated he's pretty much ''done'' with the role, I think it would make no sense for him to leave the team right when his daughter is introduced. I think it makes more sense that he ends up sacrificing himself to save her or something like that)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    or Drax knocks up Mantis to create Moondragon
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Agreed.

I see Rocket leaving the team to finally be "happy"

Peter (unless chris contract runs out or something) forms a new team at the end.

Drax bites it.
    I could totally see Gunn ending the film on a new Guardians with Phyla, Moondragon, Adam, and a bunch of other comic characters without even giving the audience time to breathe on them .
    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    spoilers:
    or Drax knocks up Mantis to create Moondragon
    end of spoilers
    That sounds kind of gross.

Starlord--can't see him dying unless they bring in someone like major victory to replace him.

Drax-want moondragon and drax actor has been begging for her to get introduced. He is the most likely to be killed to me.

Gomara alt-can't see them killing her off after just killing her off.

Nebula--can see her getting killed off as well or leaving with her sister on adventures at the end if they make up.

Rocket and groot--groot just spent what 5 years aging back up from his last death. Would they do it again? Rocket don't think will die but will leave to have a life and settle down.

Mantis--hope she doesn't die. Love having a dc comics hero in the mcu!

Cosmo--would marvel dare?

Howard the duck--hope not.

The other guy with the arrow i forget the name--yup. Can see him dying.

Classic starhawks gotg team--hope not. We still need major victory, replica and female yellowjacket to join the team!

Extraordinary Member

Update on a talk from the last dceu thread.
    Here some talk about RT audinece score vs cinemascore and other websites.

Original AnalysisIt’s time to ignore the Rotten Tomatoes Verified Audience Score (self.boxoffice)

[–]Significant-Chart-24 45 points 27 days ago quote-
    Unfortunately, any release with minimal controversy or that is part of some kind of online war tends to have unreliable ratings on this type of site. In some comic groups I'm in, people were trying hard to pretend that Black Adam was a success to discredit professional critics for giving good ratings to things like she hulk and other media they considered woke. Of course these people are very few and don't have the power to change the box office at the end of the day but their online presence is very strong.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...toes_verified/

and
    CinemaScore, Rotten Tomatoes, and movie audience scores, explained
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/8/1...etacritic-imdb
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2022 at 12:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Deleted post.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Can someone help me here. My dad found an Iron man 4 trailer, on screen rant, but I'm not seeing anything regarding news about this. Is there going to be one?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen a lot of people latching onto the idea that Drax bites it and I could honestly see it happening at this point because Bautista is done and Gunn doesn't seem interested in telling a new story with Drax.
    From what I hear Gunn isn't interested in doing anything with the Guardians after this. This is the end of his story, he's finished. And yeah, Drax could die. Bautista might want to go out with a bang, maybe Gunn has an idea for a crazy awesome send-off, who knows? But if Drax dies I don't think it'll be for the emotional pathos, nobody cares enough.

Though, dying to save his daughter, believed dead all these years? That's a hell of a way to go out, as well as a great intro for Moondragon.

I feel like Peter's safe because he's the main character.
    Normally I'd agree, but here at the end of Gunn's saga I feel like all bets are off. Half the cast have said that they're done with their roles and don't want to return, Gunn is absolutely finished with the team. Some character/s will likely survive but I don't think being the main character offers any protection at this point. If Pratt and/or Marvel want Star-Lord to stick around then Quill will live, but I could just as easily see him dying. Killing your lead is a hell of a way to finish things off, after all. And these actors have been playing the roles for almost ten years and will have made seven appearances, not counting some What If episodes. I don't expect to see any of them after this, even if some of them don't die.

About the only character I feel is truly "safe" is Groot. If he isn't on the next roster I'll be amazed.

Well, Cosmo is likely safe too but I don't consider her (her?) a Guardian. Might be on the next roster though?

Oh, and the guy with the arrow is named Kraglin. Could see him living or dying depending on where the story goes, but that's Gunn's brother and he seems to go where James goes so I dunno if Kraglin will stick around the MCU while James moves on to DC.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-03-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So does Sylvester Stallone's character have an elevated role here? Maybe setup for a spinoff mini series?

Don't forget secret wars is coming. No guardians in secret wars? Could see starlord surviving for that,

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Can someone help me here. My dad found an Iron man 4 trailer, on screen rant, but I'm not seeing anything regarding news about this. Is there going to be one?
    Whatever he found was definitely fanmade. A trailer wouldn't be out for a movie that wasn't even announced. Also, trailers are always posted on all of Marvel's official social medias.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    From what I hear Gunn isn't interested in doing anything with the Guardians after this. This is the end of his story, he's finished. And yeah, Drax could die. Bautista might want to go out with a bang, maybe Gunn has an idea for a crazy awesome send-off, who knows? But if Drax dies I don't think it'll be for the emotional pathos, nobody cares enough.

Though, dying to save his daughter, believed dead all these years? That's a hell of a way to go out, as well as a great intro for Moondragon.

Normally I'd agree, but here at the end of Gunn's saga I feel like all bets are off. Half the cast have said that they're done with their roles and don't want to return, Gunn is absolutely finished with the team. Some character/s will likely survive but I don't think being the main character offers any protection at this point. If Pratt and/or Marvel want Star-Lord to stick around then Quill will live, but I could just as easily see him dying. Killing your lead is a hell of a way to finish things off, after all. And these actors have been playing the roles for almost ten years and will have made seven appearances, not counting some What If episodes. I don't expect to see any of them after this, even if some of them don't die.

About the only character I feel is truly "safe" is Groot. If he isn't on the next roster I'll be amazed.

Well, Cosmo is likely safe too but I don't consider her (her?) a Guardian. Might be on the next roster though?

Oh, and the guy with the arrow is named Kraglin. Could see him living or dying depending on where the story goes, but that's Gunn's brother and he seems to go where James goes so I dunno if Kraglin will stick around the MCU while James moves on to DC.
    I'm just not expecting a wide purge of the team. Maybe end on a lot of them, if not all, getting their "happily ever after" even if it takes some sacrifices.

Although when they ended the last incarnation of the Avengers they did basically take out 3/6 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just not expecting a wide purge of the team. Maybe end on a lot of them, if not all, getting their "happily ever after" even if it takes some sacrifices.

Although when they ended the last incarnation of the Avengers they did basically take out 3/6 of them.
    I'm expecting one or two (major) deaths, with one or two "rides off into the sunset" endings, and one or two characters set up to continue on afterwards, with a few "new" faces brought in as part of the next roster. I won't be surprised if the death toll is higher, but I don't think Gunn will kill off the *entire* team.

I guess I pretty much expect the Guardians to get the Endgame treatment. Which is why I kinda half expect Quill to die, I guess.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-04-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

In light of recent news, does anyone think Henry Cavill would be a great Captain Britain?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"