Page 774 of 774 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774
Results 11,596 to 11,609 of 11609

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    In the days of the internet nothing stays secret. It's near impossible to try spoilers:
    I think what I'm most interested in is the new Falcon and Diamondback? Is that Diamondback? I dunno.
    end of spoilers
    Ah! I was trying to figure out spoilers:
    who that character was... Cascavel translates as "Rattlesnake", and the hair which makes sense. I was stuck on Viper. And I guess Sabra is just going to be called "Ruth".
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-20-2024 at 07:22 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ah! I was trying to figure out spoilers:
    who that character was... Cascavel translates as "Rattlesnake", and the hair which makes sense. I was stuck on Viper. And I guess Sabra is just going to be called "Ruth".
    end of spoilers
    I mean.... spoilers:
    Sabra is Ruth Bat-Seraph, so just calling her Ruth isn't that big a change. But if this is in fact her, then they completely redesigned the costume.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    In the days of the internet nothing stays secret. It's near impossible to try spoilers:
    I think what I'm most interested in is the new Falcon and Diamondback? Is that Diamondback? I dunno.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Assuming they haven't completely cut her out like has been rumored.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Assuming they haven't completely cut her out like has been rumored.
    end of spoilers
    Well it seems that the reason SW9 ended up having no tie-in merch was that Disney DID make a toy line... but wrote most of the characters in it out of the movie or changed how they looked. So they toys were deemed unmarketable.... AFTER production had started.

that could be similar. Merch that gets leaked might represent something that got changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Of course he recruits Wolverine in a bar.

Sleeveless Wolverine!

Of course we had got a Wolverine vs Deadpool fight.

Cassandra Nova seems to be having fun.

Ant-Man helmet cave.

I wonder when the cowl shows up.

I love everything about this trailer... LFG!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Of course he recruits Wolverine in a bar.

Sleeveless Wolverine!

Of course we had got a Wolverine vs Deadpool fight.

Cassandra Nova seems to be having fun.

Ant-Man helmet cave.

I wonder when the cowl shows up.
    Someone on YouTube pointed out that the shop in the background is Liefeld's Just Feet

Lol.

Yes. Hilarious gag.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Someone on YouTube pointed out that the shop in the background is Liefeld's Just Feet

Lol.
    They know what they're doing .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Lol.
    Doesn't Liefeld get really pissy when people make fun of his work? I wonder if he's feeling honored or insulted by this. lol

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Doesn't Liefeld get really pissy when people make fun of his work? I wonder if he's feeling honored or insulted by this. lol
    Rob Liefeld is fine with it. " Honored" actually according to his post on X...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The idea of the FF movie taking place in a retrofuturistic 60s sound amazing and now I'm going to be depressed if it isn't true.

I don't know if that would be as fitting for X-Men, but I wouldn't be against it either. The most recent X-Men films were all period pieces and I loved that aspect to them, but it might be redundant at this point.

The only bummer about the Shalla Bal thing is that the story of Norrin Radd being so inspired by humanity that it brings out his own compassion and causes him to rebel against Galactus is one of THE classic Lee/Kirby stories and an iconic piece of Marvel and FF history. Stan Lee frequently said how much he loved the Silver Surfer and how he was one of his favorite Marvel characters. So I feel like removing that character and replacing it with Shalla Bal is a more egregious thing than they realize. Norrin Radd was the heart of that story and it's an all-time classic story. And I honestly doubt they have any story or character reason for using Shalla beyond performative progressivism. I agree that representation is important, but I also think preserving these characters and the soul of these stories is important, so it's disappointing on that level.
    All signs seem to be pointing towards that being the case. If true, I appreciate the simplicity of it.

I wouldn't mind if it was more retro futristic. We've X-Men period pieces but some aspects of those films felt very anachronistic at times. Characters hair, costumes and the way they talked felt too modern at times.

I think if it's set in an alternate universe that Shalla Bal as the Surfer works. Norrin is supposedly in the movie as well. So Shalla Bal being the Surfer in one universe while Norrin is the Surfer in the main MCU-199999 universe is likely how they're going to differentiate the two universes. Maybe Norrin showing up at the end will be the indicator that the FF are in a different universe. Surfer could fill in a similar role as the Adam Warlock did in Infinity Gauntlet by being the guy who gathers all the heroes for the big battle, only in this case, it's across the entire Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If I had to guess they’ll probably wait till after Secret Wars to age him up. Damson Idris and Y’lan Noel (who actually expressed interest in playing T’Challa) would be great choices. Another actor who expressed is Brandon G. Alexander.

But my main issue with aging up junior is that they’ll have to do it in a way where the other characters won’t become old as hell as a result. With that said they’ll probably have to take inspiration from Hickmans secret wars to where the characters were placed in stasis. If it were up to me I’d have the main heroes (Shuri, Shang-Chi, etc.) placed in stasis while junior is left to age naturally. Bam, that way you have an adult T’Junior ready to go after Kang is dealt with.
    What do you think of the idea of a T'Challa variant from a universe where Wakanda was destroyed joining the MCU-199999 universe and taking over the throne? Perhaps the new T'Challa is more jaded and wants to make Wakanda more isolationist which puts him at odds with Nakia but the other Wakandans are in agreement. Also would allow them to weave in the idea of the new T'Challa 'replacing' the old one.

I'm curious if the post-Secret Wars MCU is going to basically pull a Crisis on Infinite Earths to bring the FF and X-Men into the mainline.
    Fiege does feel like the kind of guy who would look at CW COIE and think 'yes, we need to top that' whereas other execs in his position would have just glossed over it.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly