Page 759 of 775 FirstFirst ... 259659709749755756757758759760761762763769 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,385 of 11618
    Astonishing Member

Do they even have a choice, if we think about it?
    Their two recent movies bombed. Their plan with Kang backfired in a huge way. Newly focused characters are either being hated or not getting much of interest from general audience.
    They have no choice at this point, but focus on their big IPs, like Spider-Man, X-Men, trying to elevate Fantastic Four, bring back Avengers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I posted some recent thought's below.
    Check it out and others from the past.
    THREAD: LIVE-ACTION OR ANIMATED? WHAT’S YOUR PREFERENCE FOR COMIC BOOK ADAPTIONS?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...85#post6751385

To answer the question animated! More freedom to do whatever they want with any characters with little to no problem. I strongly wished Young Avengers would be a animated project as opposed to a live action one. It would work so much better in a Spiderverse style. Speaking of which I find the Spiderverse movies to be the best Spider-Man movies ever made and the freedom of animation is a big part of it along with the personal stories and loveable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So I guess the future of the MCU is now like the future of Marvel Comics. No more expanding, just rehashing the past and spamming popular characters. Playing it safe.
    To think the next movies will be Wolverine & Deadpool, Blade, FF, Spider-Man again and probably Not New Not Different X-Men... All that stuff that has already been done. Yuck.

No more moves like making a sucessuful movie out of litteraly who like Starlord and Rocket Raccoon.

The animated universe is not looking much better.
    Right now we have:
    *cartoon for little kids with moon Girl (which is perfectly fine, this is something that deserve being developped)
    *embarassing MCU cartoons with the faces of the actors
    *memberberries X-Men 97. The past, again and again. Nostalgia is the death of creativity.

I wish they would develop a Marvel Cartoon Universe independant from the movies. A shared universe reflecting the comics.
    So basically what Marvel was before the MCU plus Deadpool? When the MCU gets to the point where it's just what the Fox universe was a few years back that's when I'm gonna call a quits with the movies. I have no interest in the nostalgia fest that will be Secret Wars, I'm going to miss when the MCU took risks with their low level and C-list characters. Those were the movies that got me excited not Wolverine for the 100th time stabbing someone.

A Marvel animated universe would be much appreciated. There are so many characters and teams I wanna see beyond the safe and popular options.

I just don't want more cartoons based around or set in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

I wish they would develop a Marvel Cartoon Universe independant from the movies. A shared universe reflecting the comics.
    To answer the question animated! More freedom to do whatever they want with any characters with little to no problem.
    A Marvel animated universe would be much appreciated. There are so many characters and teams I wanna see beyond the safe and popular options.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't want more cartoons based around or set in the MCU.
    I would love to have a independant marvel animated movie /series universe using cgi.

Example.
    Marvel Future Fight [Thanos vs Doctor Strange] (Full CG trailer)
    Last edited by mace11; 03-14-2024 at 01:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So I guess the future of the MCU is now like the future of Marvel Comics. No more expanding, just rehashing the past and spamming popular characters. Playing it safe.

There could still be other characters even newer ones that could still have thier own movies if they are popular enough,but they need to be well liked for them to get thier own movie.
    So this looks like it could be once awhile thing.

Shang- chi is still getting a part 2 for example and armor wars could still be made.
    I think the newer and more unknown heroes etc.. will be getting more so a series or one shots on disney plus like nova,iron heart,moon knight etc...
    There could still be a moon knight season 2 and the same for ms. marvel.

Young avengers if they still make it will most likely be a series or mini-series.
    Agatha is still coming out for example so the mcu will not be completely playing it 100% safe but safe enough for now.
    The comics do the a similar or the same thing because even less known characters and sometimes new characters still get a series and or mini so they don't play 100% safe either but safe enough.

Newer and unknowns are still in comics as major supporting or on teams as co-leads and once in awhile as main leads.
    Example the new sentry series was not even focus on the original sentry.
    It was new characters even if the sentry was the title.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-14-2024 at 01:53 PM.

Bigger is not always better. Create a good story and go from there...I would like to see more grounded threats and no more world/universe saving...
    For Avengers I would like to see Masters of Evil set up and then do the Under Siege storyline.
    Want to see Street level stories like the Netflix series.
    Cosmic stories? Not really...Maybe Galactus and that is it...

Just good quality stories that make good cinema.

Extraordinary Member

There is talk now that ant-man 4 and captain marvel 2 or the marvels 2 will not be made but there is still a chance eternals 2 could still come out.
    I hope so.
    Kevin wants eternals 2 but bob does not because eternals flopped.
    So they are having a disagreement from what i heard, so for now eternals 2 is on hold.

Extraordinary Member

By the way most of the fantastic four films flopped so it's not a safe bet and blade's last movie flopped as well,so it's not that safe.
    Most of the recent x-men movies flopped,so they are not that much of a safe bet as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-14-2024 at 03:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, it comes from one of those "leaker" Patreons where someone with industry sources passes along rumors, though their sources don't know everything.

I can certainly believe Iger wants to focus on "sure things" because that's always been Iger's way at Disney. He turned the company into an endless recycling factory where distinguished directors end up doing things like remake Disney animated movies in live-action. Feige got to take more chances with lesser-known material because he was so successful doing it. Now he's lost that protection, so I suspect he'll have to do more Avengers films, X-Men stuff, fewer solo films unless it's a character whose last movie was a hit.

Not that I think this will help, because as Feige proved, there's no such thing as a sure thing in superhero movies. If they put out two more Avengers films and they're as underwhelming as their recent work, the whole MCU brand might not recover. But I sadly think a lot of our favorite movie ideas will end up as Avengers subplots instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Do they even have a choice, if we think about it?
    Their two recent movies bombed. Their plan with Kang backfired in a huge way. Newly focused characters are either being hated or not getting much of interest from general audience.
    They have no choice at this point, but focus on their big IPs, like Spider-Man, X-Men, trying to elevate Fantastic Four, bring back Avengers, etc.
    So Kang did lose in Ant Man 3 lol. No Dynasty no Iron Lad just defeat.

I think the days of supporting characters of OTHER supporting characters getting their own MCU shows are coming to an end. If Disney/Marvel had done a decent job of making those projects even somewhat enjoyable, they might have worked. But they didn't come close to doing that, so I AGREE with Disney FORCING Marvel Studios to stop it. I'm disappointed that long-time characters like Rhodey don't get stuff to have a starring role in, but Ironheart, Echo, Wonder Man and Agatha Harkness do? To me, that's bullshit. And there's absolutely no guarantee the FOX properties will be well-received either. Are we gonna do origin stories again? Studios can reboot characters, but they can't repeat **** that was done before. The MCU is also falling into the same trap as the comics and becoming inaccessible unless you're obsessively following every bit of content they put out. Tell me, where is the evidence that Disney/Marvel is actually streamlining and focusing their projects in a coherent way? They're still continuing to spam audiences with new characters, alternate dimensions and storylines. I gave up trying to watch every Marvel project after Ant-Man 3 and Secret Invasion, and I have no plans AT ALL to revisit that decision. I can't be the only one that feels that way and I used to be such a hardcore MCU fan too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think the days of supporting characters of OTHER supporting characters getting their own MCU shows are coming to an end. If Disney/Marvel had done a decent job of making those projects even somewhat enjoyable, they might have worked. But they didn't come close to doing that, so I AGREE with Disney FORCING Marvel Studios to stop it. I'm disappointed that long-time characters like Rhodey don't get stuff to have a starring role in, but Ironheart, Echo, Wonder Man and Agatha Harkness do? To me, that's bullshit. And there's absolutely no guarantee the FOX properties will be well-received either. Are we gonna do origin stories again? Studios can reboot characters, but they can't repeat **** that was done before. The MCU is also falling into the same trap as the comics and becoming inaccessible unless you're obsessively following every bit of content they put out. Tell me, where is the evidence that Disney/Marvel is actually streamlining and focusing their projects in a coherent way? They're still continuing to spam audiences with new characters, alternate dimensions and storylines. I gave up trying to watch every Marvel project after Ant-Man 3 and Secret Invasion, and I have no plans AT ALL to revisit that decision. I can't be the only one that feels that way and I used to be such a hardcore MCU fan too.
    You can still do those.

You just have to be smart and use common sense.

6 episodes of Wonder Man is fine. A 5 season series? NO.

A War Machine series? 10 episodes for 5 seasons-yeah you could milk that and still toss in cameos.

A Shuri one shot? Sure.

If you are just trying to show characters existing a few one hour or even SYFY quality movie on Disney + will do.

Save your big guns for the movies.

Or if you want to BYPASS some stuff a 4 part Fantastic Four mini series that leads into the movie? Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can still do those.

You just have to be smart and use common sense.

6 episodes of Wonder Man is fine. A 5 season series? NO.

A War Machine series? 10 episodes for 5 seasons-yeah you could milk that and still toss in cameos.

A Shuri one shot? Sure.

If you are just trying to show characters existing a few one hour or even SYFY quality movie on Disney + will do.

Save your big guns for the movies.

Or if you want to BYPASS some stuff a 4 part Fantastic Four mini series that leads into the movie? Try it.
    I don't think the MCU is embracing common sense in its movie making process these days, unfortunately. I'm actually okay with characters like the Hulk and War Machine starring or co-starring in shows that are one-offs. Then retiring them. They've been in the MCU for long enough. ESPECIALLY because Marvel Studios has introduced so many other characters. And maybe some characters will never meet up each other. That way you don't have to watch other movies/shows to understand other movies and shows. I would have cancelled a lot of movies/shows until the MCU "stablized' somewhat. But I just got this feeling that Feige's team is still fixated on seeing through whatever vision they have for the MCU and Iger's team is sort of blocking them from doing that. Like I said before, there is no way that the executives at Marvel Studios haven't had their confidence and morale shattered in the past couple of years. That's why I think Disney is right to step in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I still feel Nova should have been between Infinity War and Endgame. The Nova Corp has the Power Stone and use it to create the Nova Force. Rich is introduced and gets his powers and stops some alien threat. Maybe adapt the Stonemen of Saturn Thor story. Mid credits is Xander getting attacked by Thanos and post credit is the dusting.

In Endgame when everyone came back an Strange and Wong had there "Is this everybody" banter they could have had Rich next to them and say something like "Don't worry...back up is inbound." With dozens of Nova Corpsmen showing up during the battle.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-16-2024 at 08:10 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?