Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
I agree with your overall point, but just a correction: the split between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment did not happen before Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s debut. That show started airing in 2013 (and it was in development ever since 2012), and the split happened in 2015. We had two different shows (AOS and Agent Carter) before the split, and it's interesting to think that those two shows were the ones that were the most connected to the MCU. AOS was the only show that managed to pull actors from the movies as guest stars; not to mention the show was co-created by Joss Whedon, who was the director of the Avengers movies at the time. Agent Carter was the only Marvel Television show that had Kevin Feige's name credited (as an executive producer, I think). In return, Agent Carter was also the only Marvel TV show that was directly acknowledged by the movies, since James D'Arcy, who had only ever appeared on that show, also appeared on Avengers: Endgame playing the same character. When you stop to think about this... it seems like it's possible that Feige was ok with Marvel TV in the beginning, when it was just two shows they could kind of oversee. But then Marvel TV got bigger, the split happened, and any interest he had over that particular part of Marvel was likely killed due to the fact that, besides not having the time to oversee everything they were doing, he didn't want anything to do with Perlmutter. So the divide between film and TV sectors just got bigger and bigger... which led to where we are now.
Year, it's a shame because if you rewatch the first season it's clear they knew about Winter Soldier so the TV people seemed quite willing to work with whatever info the movie people provided. I love the characters created for the show and would love to see them in an MCU movie someday, but if it happens at all, it probably won't be while Feige is in charge.