Page 527 of 773 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 11593

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-the-bli...n-disney-plus/

The person in this article sounds like a dolt: "oh the blip's been covered/talked about, people have moved on". Yeah right, there was a five year gap. I want to know what happened in those five years before the remaining Avengers fought Thanos. What has been covered or referenced so far are Monica's mother disappearing and reappearing, Sam dealing with family's fallout and financial recovery. But I'd like to see what else happened in that five year blip. Apparently Secret Invasion is going to cover this?
    Also how Peter and all his high school friends die but then magically come back and just go back to high school like nothing's changed. It's too ambitious of a concept for the MCU to ever really do anything with - but the question is why even do it at all? It's not like they wrote themselves into a hole where the only way out was to make it more confusing but that's what they did...
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

The shows have kind of touched on the impact of the blip, if not super in-depth.

But it was really mostly there to just raise the stakes for Endgame.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Also how Peter and all his high school friends die but then magically come back and just go back to high school like nothing's changed. It's too ambitious of a concept for the MCU to ever really do anything with - but the question is why even do it at all? It's not like they wrote themselves into a hole where the only way out was to make it more confusing but that's what they did...
    Far From Home indicates 80% of his high school died too, which I suppose it's possible, but very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The shows have kind of touched on the impact of the blip, if not super in-depth.

Wandavision, Hawkeye and Falcon and the Winter Soldier did, the latter most directly, but Moon Knight & Ms. Marvel completely ignored it, and so far, so did She-Hulk.

The movies themselves barely mentioned it (to be far, Black Widow was set before), though in Eternals it ended up being relevant, since causes Ajak to change her mind about humans.

Yup, it just ended up being one more MCU status quo we don't get to experience. Just like so many other moments; the post-Ultron new Avengers, Tony's early efforts at global peace brokering (Iron Man 2 claims Tony brought peace to the Middle East, among other things), Steve's time as a felon, Thor's failed hunt for the Stones, what the Guardians were doing in the years between vol. 2 and Infinity War, etc. etc. etc. Not that every skipped moment is worth exploring, but a lot of them have been.

But this time, it wasn't just a team roster or an individual hero's journey we missed out on, it was the entire world and universe, a massive shakeup, for a larger chunk of time than most of those other missed moments. During the Blip, Hulk became one of earth's favorite heroes, nations opened their borders, Asgardians and aliens moved to Norway...so much stuff happens and we'll likely never see much of it. I mean, we barely know what the Avengers saved earth from, precisely. Things were "bad" and we have a couple details, but really we have little idea what Tony and Nat died saving earth from.

And I think skipping the Blip like they did has turned out to be detrimental to the MCU as a whole. It's this big hole in the timeline and people are still asking "Did so-and-so Blip or not? What were they doing during the gap?" instead of focusing on the story that's actually being told. IMO the time jump was probably a mistake anyway, but ignoring it feels like it's turning out to be a mistake too. At the least it's been a distraction in a phase that's already struggled more than the last one.

It's not a big deal, really. Skipping over events is something the MCU has done from the very beginning. It's just a very minor irritant usually, at most. But I wonder if avoiding dealing directly with the Blip, at least in one or two films/shows, hasn't ended up as more of a rash, y'know? I'm not over here screaming that it was a big, crucial thing to explore, but it does seem like it's become this weird, big shadow hanging over everything and wouldn't it be nice to shed some light on it, so we can know, and finally move the hell on?

Anyway, I feel like I'm usually cheerleading for the MCU (I tend to keep fairly low expectations for it, really) so this is me complaining about it for a change.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-21-2022 at 12:22 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Far From Home indicates 80% of his high school died too, which I suppose it's possible, but very convenient.

Wandavision, Hawkeye and Falcon and the Winter Soldier did, the latter most directly, but Moon Knight & Ms. Marvel completely ignored it, and so far, so did She-Hulk.

The movies themselves barely mentioned it (to be far, Black Widow was set before), though in Eternals it ended up being relevant, since causes Ajak to change her mind about humans.
    It makes me imagine what would happen if I disappeared for five years and came back like nothing happened, in the middle of my high school years.

My mother and father would be distraught, who knows if they'd even be living in the same area.

My siblings would be older and one of them moved out and in college despite me being the eldest

After so long, the relationships between my family members and loved ones who were not snapped away would never be the same and would take the rest of my life to repair.

I get it, this is the MCU, it's a superhero world and we don't have to treat it seriously. But to me the issue is when they take certain aspects very seriously but gloss over or fail to explain others it is imbalanced storytelling in my eyes. So yes, some shows have shown the impacts in some ways, but not where it should be. Just by having a whole show with millions of displaced refugees from the blip as part of the background to me means they should have followed through on all aspects of the story in most of their movies and shows, either that or not at all. It is a headache but I don't think it's something that will hurt the MCU's world-building/development in the long run, after all it is superheroes and not everyone cares that much
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It makes me imagine what would happen if I disappeared for five years and came back like nothing happened, in the middle of my high school years.

My mother and father would be distraught, who knows if they'd even be living in the same area.

My siblings would be older and one of them moved out and in college despite me being the eldest

After so long, the relationships between my family members and loved ones who were not snapped away would never be the same and would take the rest of my life to repair.

I get it, this is the MCU, it's a superhero world and we don't have to treat it seriously. But to me the issue is when they take certain aspects very seriously but gloss over or fail to explain others it is imbalanced storytelling in my eyes. So yes, some shows have shown the impacts in some ways, but not where it should be. Just by having a whole show with millions of displaced refugees from the blip as part of the background to me means they should have followed through on all aspects of the story in most of their movies and shows, either that or not at all. It is a headache but I don't think it's something that will hurt the MCU's world-building/development in the long run, after all it is superheroes and not everyone cares that much
    Yeah, in the comics version of the Infinity story, they avoided this by not having anyone but the heroes involved in the fight remember about the deaths, and even so they only stayed that way for a short period of time.

Don't get me wrong, the 5 year gap worked well for Endgame, is just the latter MCU didn't follow on that, which is a waste.

Extraordinary Member

She-Hulk Director says EVERY Cameo Character had to Change to fit the Show's Tone & Comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The problem with the Blip is that it is realistically speaking an Apocalypse level event. Millions would die of starvation, people would have no jobs, money or homes, loved ones would have moved on, war and conflict would erupt throughout the entire world, etc.

It's quite obvious that Marvel sees the the Blip as the heroes saving the universe and returning the world to the status quo. Nothing more and there is nothing wrong with that. I feel having the 5 year gap was an honest mistake on their part. Without it you wouldn't have this problem. The world would have just moved on without skipping a beat basically but as it is they can't really pay more than lip service to it because again realistically speaking it would be unimaginable chaos that would change the world forever and that is not the narrative that Marvel is interested in.
    I like to think that the remaining Avengers played a huge role in making sure things didn't get as bad as it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree, the five year gap is something I really want to see more of.

I'm guessing one of the reasons we haven't seen more of it is that Marvel doesn't think they could pull it off and accurately capture the chaos and fear and upheaval that the Snap would have created. We've gotten small glimpses of it, but a global crisis like that? There is no historical event to pull inspiration from, that's beyond any challenge or threat the real world has ever faced. Really digging into all the problems and issues that would arise....maybe Marvel knows it's too big a bite for them to take?

And in the MCU timeline, it *has* been years now since everyone returned. Endgame was what, 2023 right? Hawkeye establishes (by saying it's been a few years since Ronin was seen) that in the MCU it's gotta be around 2025 now. People are remarkable at getting over stuff. Hell, people got over the pandemic and went back to normal life, and the pandemic isn't actually over yet! And with the Snap, there'd be all kinds of problems with housing and such, but the workforce also would have increased by 50%, all of them in need of new jobs, so a lot of cleaning and rebuilding likely got done real quick.
    The pandemic and the shut down is the closest we've ever gotten to experience something like the Blip. We saw how eager everyone was for things to get back to normal.

That was mentioned in FFH. Peter and friends had to retake their year. Peter's romantic rival in the movie, Brad, was a kid who wasn't snapped and he was now old enough to compete with Peter for MJ's affection.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I feel like there could be a lot of fascinating stories, set in those five blipped years, when, from the looks of it, Natasha coordinated a global Avengers including Rhodey, Carol and Akoye, among others (and from a tiny glance they gave each other, it seemed like there was some hint of a Carol / Rhodey friendship or romance during that time?).

And, pfft. Kind of wasted opportunity, IMO.

Plus the whole craziness of it. How many plane/bus/boat loads of people died screaming when their pilot/driver got blipped? Died on the operating table when half their operating staff, including the doctor, vanished? How many people got returned to the point they vanished from, high in the air, because they were on a plane when they blipped, or in the middle of the ocean, because they were on a cruise, or just crossing the street (really officer, the walk signal said walk, five years ago, when I blipped out, I didn't mean to reappear in a busy intersection and cause a six car pileup!) and died almost immediately? How many people snapped back to find their families had mourned them and moved on, remarried, adopted new kids left parent-less in the Blip, etc. (Or blipped back to find that they'd lost custody of their own children and now had to fight for custody of their own kids?)

We get that line in No Way Home from May Parker about blipping back to find that someone else was now living in her apartment, but that's a teensy little taste of what's sure to be a massive feast. And, they say to strike when the iron's hot, and this has been left to grow cold. I doubt there's really any interest in exploring all these Blip/Snap related stories, at this point, or a world where Black Widow led a global Avengers group, because they killed her off and had to struggle releasing her own movie for over a year after it was finished.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-22-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is a track record for marvel live action hulk projects so far.

RT scores

Non mcu
    Series
    INCREDIBLE HULK (1978 - 1982)
    AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE 76%

HULK TV MOVIES

THE INCREDIBLE HULK RETURNS 50%
    5.00 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE 41%
    3.2 out of 5 average rating

THE TRIAL OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK
    AUDIENCE 48%
    3.3 out of 5 average rating

THE DEATH OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK 20%
    3.70 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE 37%
    3 out of 5 average rating

Theatrical non mcu
    HULK 62%
    6.20 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE 29%
    2.6 out of 5 average rating

Theatrical mcu
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK 67%
    6.20 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE 70%
    3.6 out of 5 average rating

MCU Series

Update-
    SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW 82%
    6.85/10 Avg rating
    AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE 69%
    3.7/5 Avg rating
    Note- audience scores were reviewed bombed

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't take the scores seriously until the show is over (and of course, for reasons already stated, I wouldn't take the RT audience scores seriously at all).

For me the big test will be whether it can deliver some good case-of-the-week stories. "Jessica Jones" couldn't and I just felt like it missed the point of the comic book. (Most people liked it better than me of course; I'm just speaking for myself.) Byrne and especially Slott played up Jennifer as a lawyer precisely because it could deliver funny legal stories.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    For me the big test will be whether it can deliver some good case-of-the-week stories.
    I'm hoping for the same. Not looking for anything more than this show being fun and entertaining, whatever shape it takes, but the more "Boston Legal/case-of-the-week" we can get, the better, in my opinion.

Also, I love how confused Jen looks for a second when she breaks the fourth wall at the beach. Just a random thought.

Last thing on the whole "missed opportunities of the MCU/Blip" bit and I'll leave it alone (least for now): If the Studio is creating its own animation studio, then that might be a good way to explore those missing moments and stories. What If kind of laid a groundwork for it; each episode covers a different era the films didn't spend any/much time on. You get to see characters like Tony and Steve fight together again, you get to fill in missing pieces of MCU history....I feel like you could get at least two or three good seasons out of that.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised there wasn't more talk around here when they announced they were making their own animation studio. A lot of y'all love cartoons right, and this opens up a lot of possibilities. What kind of shows could Marvel make with their own entire studio? Why aren't y'all more excited by this?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I feel like there could be a lot of fascinating stories, set in those five blipped years, when, from the looks of it, Natasha coordinated a global Avengers including Rhodey, Carol and Akoye, among others (and from a tiny glance they gave each other, it seemed like there was some hint of a Carol / Rhodey friendship or romance during that time?).

And, pfft. Kind of wasted opportunity, IMO.

Plus the whole craziness of it. How many plane/bus/boat loads of people died screaming when their pilot/driver got blipped? Died on the operating table when half their operating staff, including the doctor, vanished? How many people got returned to the point they vanished from, high in the air, because they were on a plane when they blipped, or in the middle of the ocean, because they were on a cruise, or just crossing the street (really officer, the walk signal said walk, five years ago, when I blipped out, I didn't mean to reappear in a busy intersection and cause a six car pileup!) and died almost immediately? How many people snapped back to find their families had mourned them and moved on, remarried, adopted new kids left parent-less in the Blip, etc. (Or blipped back to find that they'd lost custody of their own children and now had to fight for custody of their own kids?)

We get that line in No Way Home from May Parker about blipping back to find that someone else was now living in her apartment, but that's a teensy little taste of what's sure to be a massive feast. And, they say to strike when the iron's hot, and this has been left to grow cold. I doubt there's really any interest in exploring all these Blip/Snap related stories, at this point, or a world where Black Widow led a global Avengers group, because they killed her off and had to struggle releasing her own movie for over a year after it was finished.
    Some of the best MCU stuff is off-screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm hoping for the same. Not looking for anything more than this show being fun and entertaining, whatever shape it takes, but the more "Boston Legal/case-of-the-week" we can get, the better, in my opinion.

Also, I love how confused Jen looks for a second when she breaks the fourth wall at the beach. Just a random thought.

Last thing on the whole "missed opportunities of the MCU/Blip" bit and I'll leave it alone (least for now): If the Studio is creating its own animation studio, then that might be a good way to explore those missing moments and stories. What If kind of laid a groundwork for it; each episode covers a different era the films didn't spend any/much time on. You get to see characters like Tony and Steve fight together again, you get to fill in missing pieces of MCU history....I feel like you could get at least two or three good seasons out of that.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised there wasn't more talk around here when they announced they were making their own animation studio. A lot of y'all love cartoons right, and this opens up a lot of possibilities. What kind of shows could Marvel make with their own entire studio? Why aren't y'all more excited by this?
    A part of me can understand the appeal of that while another part of me was very happy that the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon from that studio isn't actually set in the MCU despite initial advertising.

Next thing you know we'll get an Avengers cartoon where they advertise it as "unforseen MCU Adventures" except it'll be "What if Quicksilver survived Age of Ultron?" and then basically does its own thing so it can be an original Avengers cartoon. Because that's the only way they can come close to EMH rather than be an MCU tie-in cartoon.

Extraordinary Member

First Look at Ironheart OFFICIAL Upgraded Comic Armor

Image @ https://cbcyt.com/home/2022/8/22/fir...upgraded-armor

A part of me can understand the appeal of that while another part of me was very happy that the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon from that studio isn't actually set in the MCU despite initial advertising.

Next thing you know we'll get an Avengers cartoon where they advertise it as "unforseen MCU Adventures" except it'll be "What if Quicksilver survived Age of Ultron?" and then basically does its own thing so it can be an original Avengers cartoon. Because that's the only way they can come close to EMH rather than be an MCU tie-in cartoon.
    The fact that this Spidey thing isn't set in the MCU strikes me as a really positive development. Indicates that they're not gonna do *just* MCU-related stuff.

And I doubt Marvel is gonna feel the need to justify any non-MCU things they do. Hell, they rarely justify anything anyway, why start here?

I *would* be down for a "What If Quicksilver didn't die?" episode of What If though. Be fun to see how him living would change Wanda's journey.

Riri's armor looks fine, too. Insofar as you can really tell what anything look like from those cheap poorly painted toys. I don't doubt it'll look fine on film, but I was digging that bulkier, more heavily armed version that was leaked a week or two back.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-23-2022 at 04:47 PM.

~ Black Panther.