Page 539 of 773 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 11585
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    how is that "incel" activity though?

sounds more like pissed DD fans?
    You're right about the "incel" though. In as much as Marvel apologists might have scorn for the DD fanatics as crybabies ("I watch She-Hulk only for the Daredevil guest appearance!"), labeling them as that doesn't help and just prolongs the whole debacle.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You're right about the "incel" though. In as much as Marvel apologists might have scorn for the DD fanatics as crybabies ("I watch She-Hulk only for the Daredevil guest appearance!"), labeling them as that doesn't help and just prolongs the whole debacle.
    Exactly.

Labeling the DD fans who wanted to see the character here is pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    When the conversation about a movie or a show has reached this kind of temperature I feel like the show is a dud creatively.
    Honestly, I feel the same.

Like there is nothing to discuss ABOUT the show so everyone just talks about the stuff AROUND the show
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well, there isn't much in the way of a serious or legitimate plot beyond Jens' misadventures and her inevitably accepting being She-Hulk and the Intelligencia wanting her blood.

Seems... a little much?

Maybe I missed something though

Just puts more fuel on the "this companies create outrage on purpose to views" conspiracy though
    Why did a tweet by some random twitter user who calls themselves She-Hulk become a hot topic here? Or do you guys think that's an official account of the show?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Why did a tweet by some random twitter user who calls themselves She-Hulk become a hot topic here? Or do you guys think that's an official account of the show?
    Shows how much I'm on twitter I guess.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Seems... a little much?

Maybe I missed something though

Just puts more fuel on the "this companies create outrage on purpose to views" conspiracy though
    Or you could check if the twitter account is in anyway connected to Marvel before jumping to the conspiracy theory.

Just a suggestion.

Extraordinary Member

She-hulk is now in the top ten for original shows with episode 2 and made it to number 9.
    Week of August 22 - 28, 2022
    https://www.nielsen.com/top-ten/

I jus tdon't see how fans wanting a popular character to appear (DD) when it has been teased = "incel behavior" personally
    How was it teased? Because they had a pic of the mask at a Clothier? That is NOT a tease, that is just a piece of clothing that was there because that person gets their costume designed there too! OMG. They talked about Captain America's ass, but it was no where to be seen! And we didn't see his sex scene! OMG!
    NOW if they said THIS HERO WILL BE HERE NEXT WEEK!!! And they didn't show up, then yeah, be annoyed. All this is is little boys being angry at a show for no real reason except to be angry.

Astonishing Member

…daredevil’s been shown in the commercial, it’s not it crazy to think he’s going to show up…

It's not a bad show in my opinion. But I do think Jen has been acting pretty smug and "unheroic" throughout most of the series. I think making Titania a social influencer in She-Hulk was a GREAT creative decision by the show runners actually, but the series hasn't focused on her rather sympathetic backstory enough to make it "click". I guess the dating stuff can be fun, but I don't want MCU heroes having one-night stands. Keep it family-friendly Disney. This isn't Maury. I do think She-Hulk is "teasing" Daredevil. I'm one of the rare people in the MCU fandom who is not familiar with Cox's version of the character so his appearance in She-Hulk is not a big deal to me. I would have preferred a show more focused on the "Hulk franchise" to be honest. I think Jen, Bruce, Emil and Titania need some more love.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-24-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

D.Z D.Z quote-
    Wish MCU was retired and something more serious took over. But not as serious as Snyders stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't think it needs to be retired...just taken more seriously like it was early on.

MindofShadow quote-
    Define early on?
    and what was "non serious" about MoM, NWH, Eternals, Shang, Widow exactly?
    Seems like an overreaction bc the last movie wasn't serious (thor) and the current tv show was marketed as a sitcom and I guess people just... missed that?

Maestro 216 quote-
    Secret Invasion looks pretty serious.

MindofShadow quote-
    WV, Loki, FalWS, MK were also serious. Not sure if MsMarvel was or not, I didn't watch it.

Frontier quote-
    It was half and half, I'd say.

Not so much about it getting overly humorous...but taking the source material seriously and making a more faithful adaption.
    For me...is is just about how different they are from the comics. The Wrecking Crew are huge and have fought Thor...these guys are a bunch of punks.

MindofShadow quote-
    so I guess for you, the MCU went down hill with GoG then?

GoG worked for me. The humor did not seem so forced like Love And Thunder....and some of Ragnorak.

MindofShadow quote-
    This is incompatible with your previous statement though
    GoG barely used the source material at all. it might be one of the least faithful adaptations
    Thor love and thunder had serious moments.
    Most reviews/reactions i seen on youtube believe the last half was more serious on average then the first half.

In other words the movie was half and half but the more humor parts were was more extreme with humor they believe when they did do more so then thor 3.
    Of course the very beginning was serious (some folks seem to forget that part for some reason).

Anyway i think thor 4 is a really good movie and fun.
    Really good action scenes,and the cgi is well done.

I think she -hulk is well done as well.
    Really good show and fun.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-24-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING Marvel Studios Werewolf by Night Runtime Revealed & It's Long

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Thor love and thunder had serious moments.
    Most reviews/reactions i seen on youtube believe the last half was more serious on average then the first half.

In other words the movie was half and half but the more humor parts were was more extreme with humor they believe when they did do more so then thor 3.
    Of course the very beginning was serious (some folks seem to forget that part for some reason).

Anyway i think thor 4 is a really good movie and fun.
    Really good action scenes,and the cgi is well done.

I think she -hulk is well done as well.
    Really good show and fun.
    I actually really enjoyed Love & Thunder as well. I really liked AoU and I definitely felt that Thor 4 and Avengers 2 shared some similarities. Unfortunately, my opinion is absolutely in the minority on both of those movies. Most people didn't seem to enjoy L&T and AoU. I think people didn't like how Thor 4 handled the whole cancer storyline and I would have to agree with them there. Natalie Portman looked WAY too healthy to be playing a Stage 4 cancer patient at the beginning of Thor 4 in my opinion. But then again, I heard it was handled poorly in the comic books as well. She-Hulk has had some funny moments for sure, but like many MCU projects these days it has a lot of cringe in it too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Love & Thunder as well. I really liked AoU and I definitely felt that Thor 4 and Avengers 2 shared some similarities. Unfortunately, my opinion is absolutely in the minority on both of those movies. Most people didn't seem to enjoy L&T and AoU.

You are not in the minority.
    Most critics and audiences liked and enjoyed avengers 2 and thor 4.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (76%)
    Average Rating: 6.8/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE (82%)
    Average Rating: 4.0/5
    Cinemascore A

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER 64%
    6.40 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 77%
    4.0 out of 5 average rating
    Cinemascore B+

Thor: Love and Thunder box office is doing fine by the way and this is without china,russia and certain countries in the mid-east.
    It made more then the last thor movie DOMESTIC box office but it did NOT make more worldwide because of those countries i mentioned.

Thor: Love and Thunder
    DOMESTIC (45.2%)
    $343,077,809

INTERNATIONAL (54.8%)
    $416,675,930

WORLDWIDE
    $759,753,739

Here is some of my views and others i posted before on what is going on with box office.

Folks forget the empire strikes back did not surpass the original star wars movie and second one was better then the first one.
    So having a sequel not surpassing past films is not only a thor thing.
    It happen with age of ultron as well and other movies like superman 2,the new star trek 2and 3 movies etc..and most of thier budgets were higher.So thor 4 is not unmitigated disaster,plus it's the 4th film.
    This was weeks ago below as well.
    Thor: Love and Thunder earned $7.6 million (-42%) in its fifth weekend for a new $316.1 million 31-day domestic total. For all the pontificating online about Marvel being in trouble or Thor 4 being a disappointment, Love & Thunder just passed the $315 million domestic cume of Ragnarök. Once it tops $322 million, it will have sold more tickets than the previous Thor. It now sits with $698.9 million worldwide, nearing $700 million and Thor: Ragnarök's no China/no Russia cume of $712 million ($854 million total in 2017). In terms of exchange rates, it’s already above Thor 3’s no Russia/China global cume. It’s not playing as a breakout sequel to Thor 3, but money is money. Besides, Thor 4 didn’t bring much new to the table after the last two Thor movies. While its reception may have been disappointing, it’s not like Marvel needs Thor: Triumphant.

To read more about the current boxoffice go here.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h=5f0065776fed
    inisideguy quote-
    Yup. Thor 4 just passed Thor 3 for domestic box office. Oh the failure.

useridgoeshere quote-
    It has now passed Ragnorak’s worldwide total less China and Russia. It obviously won’t beat the global total with those two included but in a more apples to apples comparison, it’s doing well.

By the way this should not be ignored as well when talking about the current box office and expectations etc..
    It's clear certain youtube channels and other places ignore or downplay it or both like they do the china and russisa stuff and even some other places.

Box office is down by 30% from 2019 so we have to keep that in mind when movies do not make the money they were making before on average or should have making now etc..

A glum picture for Regal Cinemas
    Are the end credits rolling for Cineworld Group? The world’s second largest theater chain — which owns Regal Cinemas — is preparing to file for bankruptcy after failing to get movie fans back in seats following the pandemic slowdown, The Wall Street Journal reports. Box office ticket sales in the U.S. are still down 30% compared with 2019 and there have been 30% fewer films released in cinemas. That shortage of releases is partly a result of movie production being delayed by COVID and partly because more films are making their debut on streaming services.
    https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/...nemas-5963906/

Another point of view.
    Summer Box Office Review: Despite Post-Pandemic Progress, Theaters Are Still in Trouble
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...130000221.html
    Last edited by mace11; 09-24-2022 at 07:23 PM.