Page 615 of 776 FirstFirst ... 115515565605611612613614615616617618619625665715 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 11637
    Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios Confirms More Standalone projects going Forward

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Well there is this -
    Suicide Squad 2 Planned For Black Adam As Villain.
    Instead they fought starro a being more powerful then superman in comics.
    There is also a video game Suicide Squad kills the justice league.

There was talk that hyperion was going to show up in this movie,but not the hyperion some folks thought,so could be Taegukgi.

In the thunderbolts red hulk will be there also and Steven Yeun could be playing cho and a verison of hulk or brawn to fight the sentry or the korean superman/hyperion type Taegukgi
    to fight the sentry.
    You look at the roster and it feels wayyyy more Suicide Squad than classic T-Bolts.

Copying my post in TV/Film section regarding Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania

spoilers:
    A little late but finally watched the movie and I gotta say... I'm disappointed. Liking a movie despite its flaws is one thing but I think this movie isn't competently made at all. Scott doesn't have much of a character arc throughout the whole thing, Hope is barely relevant to the plot which makes me think the Wasp in Ant-Man and the Wasp actually refers to Janet, MODOK was mostly used as a joke and I found his change of heart and death laughable, Jonathan Majors did the best he could with what he was given but the writing for Kang was one note and to top it all off Kang got defeated without the heroes suffering a major loss. People say this Kang was already nerfed by being in the quantum realm and being stripped of his time travel tech and he still did more than Thanos had done until Infinity War. Well that's all good and nice but until Infinity War Thanos was never the main villain. In GotG his screen time was less than 5 minutes and in Avengers movies he was merely in a post credits scene. This was meant to be the movie which sells Kang as the big bad of this saga to the audiences. All the marketing pointed towards it but the movie failed to do it at least for me. And I think the mid credits scene further hurts the character of Kang. It makes it seem like the actual threat of Nathaniel Richards is the fact that there are so many of them rather than any individual version of the character. I fear the chance that Kang will appear in many upcoming projects and will be either killed off or used as a joke until Kang Dynasty.
    end of spoilers

Just came from Ant Man. I went to a 12:30 2d showing. Maybe 12 people there but that’s why I go early. I thought it a solid movie. I rated it 7 on IMDB & then realized I’d rated all the other Ant Man films the same. I did check the time a few times as there were some slow points but it was solid.

I get the fatigue comments. Every movie becomes “we have to find the power source” & then there’s a big CGI battle. I’m fine with that mostly but like I said, I was looking at phone to check the time. I’m not sure what it will take to freshen these movies up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Just came from Ant Man. I went to a 12:30 2d showing. Maybe 12 people there but that’s why I go early. I thought it a solid movie. I rated it 7 on IMDB & then realized I’d rated all the other Ant Man films the same. I did check the time a few times as there were some slow points but it was solid.

I get the fatigue comments. Every movie becomes “we have to find the power source” & then there’s a big CGI battle. I’m fine with that mostly but like I said, I was looking at phone to check the time. I’m not sure what it will take to freshen these movies up.
    Make a film like The Batman. That was mostly a detective movie.

Extraordinary Member

WandaVision was mostly sitcom pastiches and had almost no action until the last episode, and nobody minded. If people minded anything it was the obligatory fights in the last episode, not the absence of them for the first eight.

Obviously you can't duplicate WandaVision because its impact came from being the first MCU content after a year's hiatus, and I hope that situation never happens again. And of course a weekly series isn't the same as movies.

But I think it points to the fact that what people really care about is the characters. There was no reason the MCU had to be "over" with Endgame because they had so many good existing characters who could get the spotlight and good new characters to introduce, but a number of the movies have felt like they were not serving the characters well for various reasons.

I guess what I'm saying is that they really need to start thinking of stories that serve the characters, whether or not they are traditional action/superhero stories. More people care about the characters (even new characters) than the multiverse or the next big threat, which is all just an excuse for the characters to get together, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    WandaVision was mostly sitcom pastiches and had almost no action until the last episode, and nobody minded. If people minded anything it was the obligatory fights in the last episode, not the absence of them for the first eight.

Obviously you can't duplicate WandaVision because its impact came from being the first MCU content after a year's hiatus, and I hope that situation never happens again. And of course a weekly series isn't the same as movies.

But I think it points to the fact that what people really care about is the characters. There was no reason the MCU had to be "over" with Endgame because they had so many good existing characters who could get the spotlight and good new characters to introduce, but a number of the movies have felt like they were not serving the characters well for various reasons.

I guess what I'm saying is that they really need to start thinking of stories that serve the characters, whether or not they are traditional action/superhero stories. More people care about the characters (even new characters) than the multiverse or the next big threat, which is all just an excuse for the characters to get together, not vice versa.
    I do feel like certain series/movies escalated the threats or the stories to be a little above what actually fits with the character.

I think Ms. Marvel got hit with this hard.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do feel like certain series/movies escalated the threats or the stories to be a little above what actually fits with the character.

I think Ms. Marvel got hit with this hard.
    Ms. Marvel 's show bit off more than it could chew. They introduced 3 new concepts for the character and squeezed them all into an overcrowded show that was supposed to introduce the character to Disney+ subscribers. The only good thing was that the show was almost about so much that canceled itself out, that the only important piece of information was the blue Kree hand with the Quantum Band. So The Marvels should have plenty to work with because they can literally start from scratch with her being the first mutant with a Quantum Band and them going on a quest for the second one. The threat fell flat on its face because they all died in the 4th episode.

Elizabeth Olsen recently said:

If I tell you what I want, I maybe be spoiling something. Kevin Feige asks us what we want to do with the character and then he does it.

Then I guess that Avenger/X-Men multiverse crossover is basically confirmed. Because she and the other Avengers actors have said that they wanted to work with the X-Men cast since 2016 (at least).

Extraordinary Member

Mentioned in the other thread, but Olsen has also said that she would like to do the scenes from the James Robinson Scarlet Witch comic where Wanda gets older every time she uses her powers:

"I feel like the fans always know what the plans are, even when they're not announced. And so, I don't. I do have this image…. There are a few images in my head of, I think they're from 'Witches Road,' as she's aging and decaying, while using her power and there's something in that, this older woman, who's aging from her power, that I'm interested in. And I don't really know what that means, but I kind of would love to be old."

After Multiverse of Madness I'd never say "come on, Feige wouldn't do that," but I really don't see them fast tracking the X-Men. Then again I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to have the X-Men franchise's most beloved character appear as a joke to get brutally killed by Wanda, so again, I'm not great at predicting what they'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Mentioned in the other thread, but Olsen has also said that she would like to do the scenes from the James Robinson Scarlet Witch comic where Wanda gets older every time she uses her powers:

"I feel like the fans always know what the plans are, even when they're not announced. And so, I don't. I do have this image…. There are a few images in my head of, I think they're from 'Witches Road,' as she's aging and decaying, while using her power and there's something in that, this older woman, who's aging from her power, that I'm interested in. And I don't really know what that means, but I kind of would love to be old."

After Multiverse of Madness I'd never say "come on, Feige wouldn't do that," but I really don't see them fast tracking the X-Men. Then again I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to have the X-Men franchise's most beloved character appear as a joke to get brutally killed by Wanda, so again, I'm not great at predicting what they'd do.
    They are already doing that with the upcoming Deadpool/Wolverine crossover. Patrick Stewart just suggested that he and Ian McKellen will return.

I really think Deadpool 3 and Secret Wars will be the swan song for a lot of past movie versions of characters.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I really think Deadpool 3 and Secret Wars will be the swan song for a lot of past movie versions of characters.
    gods willing, I am so tired of this fan wank.

there is so much to see in the Marvel Universe gimme new characters with new stories.

I freaking hope so! From what I've heard so far very little excites me about Secret Wars. I'm not someone who regularly screams for nostalgia. This is why I think Spider-Man No Way Home was such a double edge sword. Now they know they can exploit nostalgia with the Multiverse and has soured me on the concept. And I'm going to roll my eyes when the old actors appear and have to take those awkward long pauses for the audience to applause. This kind of pandering takes me out of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    gods willing, I am so tired of this fan wank.

there is so much to see in the Marvel Universe gimme new characters with new stories.
    This.

I feel like there's absolutely a lot of value in bringing all the old actors back to their roles for an appearance. Who wouldn't lose their minds seeing some big Avengers finale where the portals open and it's not just every actor from the MCU showing up, but every actor who ever worked on a Marvel project of any kind over the last thirty years? That'd be crazy awesome.

But between Spidey 3 and Strange 2 (and Wandavision if we're counting it) I'm already over it. The novelty of using old actors for the multiverse has already worn thin. I'm still cool with the multiverse, I'm still looking forward to seeing how the Saga plays out. Bring my Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme, give me Spider-Gwen, I'm down for it. But I don't need this heavy handed, nostalgia-based fan service. It worked for Endgame because that was wrapping up ten years' worth of story and development. It was a celebration of the entire journey. The films we've had the last couple years don't have that justification, they're not concluding anything, and the fan wank feels like it's getting in the way of the story now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.