Page 633 of 775 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 11611
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    god damned!

there is no way Disney is gonna have that as a character villain or not
    Yeah, those scenes just aren't going to happen, anymore than other panels of characters like Kitty Pryde and Wolverine, using racial slurs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Disney wasn't going to make Grim Reaper a racist, they downplayed Red Skull's Nazism in the MCU to make him more marketable.

Plus was Grim Reaper being a racist a big part of the character or did it happen in one or two issues and then was seemingly dropped? I am not saying Grim Reaper is not a racist, but it doesn't seem like something Marvel plays up with him recently. It seems like the iconic things about Grim Reaper are his scythe, his obsession with his brother, and his grudge against anyone who he thinks has disrespected his family's honor.
    TBH, that's mostly what I remembered about the Grim Reaper. I'd forgotten about him and Nekra, even.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    god damned!

there is no way Disney is gonna have that as a character villain or not
    Nekra is a character they're not gonna touch either. Especially since she apparently has a daughter with Grim Reaper named Death Reaper.

Oh and then there's how she had an unhappy childhood... because she's pale skinned... but her parents had very dark skin.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Others may remember better, but I think before the infamous West Coast Avengers appearance, he was established as an anti-mutant bigot (he was appalled that Vision married "a stinking mutant," so he'd surely be happy about the recent retcon) and that's about it.

The West Coast Avengers panels with Nekra are going to get posted a lot when he appears in the show, but I don't think it's been emphasized very much in the comics since then, though it certainly is in-character for him, if that makes sense.

Y’all my mouth is on the FLOOR! I’ve only read Nekra in the Sabretooth miniseries’ and this is not the girl that I know! I’m glad she’s learned how to STAND UP since then, cause these panels aint it.

About time Ike was kicked out of Marvel entirely. Never understood why he was allowed to stick with the Entertainment division after losing his position with the Studio. Good riddance.

Interesting casting for Grim Reaper. I had no idea the character had been written as racist, and I doubt that'll make it into the show. But I suppose you never know, the MCU has touched on racism in the past, maybe Reaper will still be racist, just against white folk?

Wonder what the delay on Secret Invasion is about? If that was supposed to hit this summer it must be awfully close to finished, I wonder if anything is tripping them up this close to the finish line or if this is just a schedule thing?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Y’all my mouth is on the FLOOR! I’ve only read Nekra in the Sabretooth miniseries’ and this is not the girl that I know! I’m glad she’s learned how to STAND UP since then, cause these panels aint it.
    The things people will forgive when they're horny, I tell ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    About time Ike was kicked out of Marvel entirely. Never understood why he was allowed to stick with the Entertainment division after losing his position with the Studio. Good riddance.

Interesting casting for Grim Reaper. I had no idea the character had been written as racist, and I doubt that'll make it into the show. But I suppose you never know, the MCU has touched on racism in the past, maybe Reaper will still be racist, just against white folk?

Wonder what the delay on Secret Invasion is about? If that was supposed to hit this summer it must be awfully close to finished, I wonder if anything is tripping them up this close to the finish line or if this is just a schedule thing?
    As long as he's a crazy nutjob obsessed with his brother, I'm good.

Has it been delayed? All I heard was that the release date appeared and then disappeared.

Yeah, I seriously doubt a minority director and black actors want to float that idea.

It was more like the studio was taken away from him. Plus, he's one of Disney's biggest stock holders. Iger probably thought he could get away with protecting Feige and the cash cow, but completely pushing out Permultter then probably wasn't a good idea or maybe possible.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...disney-layoffs

Here’s another article about Perlmutter from the LA Times. I think the LA Times is behind a firewall, too, but I think if it’s your first visit it gives you a free one. Or maybe it’s not behind a firewall.

I think the layoff is only a technicality. At his level as chair of Marvel Entertainment, he was basically fired for cause.

It states quite plainly that he lost a proxy battle to take over Disney’s board and basically Disney. Ike lost. Losers get shown the door. An ignominious ending to a fairly notorious career. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Well, this was actually a departure from what she normally did. Grim Reaper wasn't the guy she normally hung out with.... though Mandrill had other reasons to question if he was a good idea to sleep with. hmmm which of the two was Death Reaper's father.... if either?
    About that... this is part of why Nekra became a supervillain... her parents rejected her for the color of her skin.... 'cause she was born black, and when her powers kicked in she had her skin turn bone white. So having Grim Reaper be a black guy who hates white people..... would probably make Nekra hate his guts even MORE than being a white guy.....

The way some people define "racism", that can't be possible. Only white people is "racist". Most probably Grim Reaper will be a victim of racism who rightfully hates white people.
    But that is speculation from my part, as a latin person who could be defined as white in Latin America but would be defined as colored in the USA.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...disney-layoffs

Here’s another article about Perlmutter from the LA Times. I think the LA Times is behind a firewall, too, but I think if it’s your first visit it gives you a free one. Or maybe it’s not behind a firewall.

I think the layoff is only a technicality. At his level as chair of Marvel Entertainment, he was basically fired for cause.

It states quite plainly that he lost a proxy battle to take over Disney’s board and basically Disney. Ike lost. Losers get shown the door. An ignominious ending to a fairly notorious career. Good riddance.
    Yep, that's how it seemed to me from the articles I was reading.

I wonder if there's a stock move that would reduce the percentage of Ike's stock in Disney? Or would it just be Iger, or someone, buying up shares to have a bigger percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yep, that's how it seemed to me from the articles I was reading.

I wonder if there's a stock move that would reduce the percentage of Ike's stock in Disney? Or would it just be Iger, or someone, buying up shares to have a bigger percentage?
    I have no idea about his stock. The company can’t force him to sell it, can they? I really have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I have no idea about his stock. The company can’t force him to sell it, can they? I really have no idea.
    I wouldn't think so -- unless you can force them to need money for something else. But I think there are ways of reducing their influence by building up your stock or forming coalitions.

I'm reading conflicting reports of actually what percentage of Disney stock Ike holds. Apparently, at the sale of Marvel, he became the second largest individual holder, but that was still only 1%. But it doesn't look like he has that much now. Anyway, definitely some ... bad blood between Iger and Ike.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The way some people define "racism", that can't be possible. Only white people is "racist". Most probably Grim Reaper will be a victim of racism who rightfully hates white people.
    But that is speculation from my part, as a latin person who could be defined as white in Latin America but would be defined as colored in the USA.
    Lethal Legion is a group that has serious potential for an Avengers movie. Funny thing is that while people make a big deal about Grim reaper being racist... as a member of the Lethal Legion... he worked with several black people!!!! Making him black would really mess with the team optics. I mean, this is a team that had not just Nekra, but M'Baku, and Black Talon in it!!! It was a pretty large and diverse team of Avengers foes and former Avengers. Oh yes, that part was spicy... in part because Wonder Man got resurrected by the Cult of Kali members and wasn't there of his own free will.

Yeah, it's kinda Black Talon's thing... and to a lesser extent Nekra. using voodoo to rez superheroes... and/or villains as undead minions.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 03-30-2023 at 03:42 PM.

Jonathan Major's lawyers / people are starting to release info about the assault arrest and texts supposedly from the girl friend.

Majors himself made the 911 call to police out of concern for her mental health:

"Mr. Majors completely denies assaulting the woman. Around 11 a.m. on March 25, 2023, Jonathan Majors called 911 out of concern for the woman’s mental health."

Chaudry shared that Majors' arrest was part of an NYPD protocol that required it under "certain circumstances."

She also mentioned that Majors' girlfriend later sent text messages admitting that she used "physical force against" Majors:

"The police arrived with the paramedics, as is standard procedure, and arrested Mr. Majors due to an NYPD protocol requiring arrest in certain circumstances. On that same day, only 7 and 9 hours later, the woman sent text messages to Mr. Majors admitting that she was the one who used physical force against him."

The attorney continued by saying that Majors' girlfriend "disavowed any allegations" of wrongdoing on the actor's part and confirmed the narrative that Majors initially called the police:

"She also disavowed any allegations that he had done anything to her and confirmed that Mr. Majors called 911 because of her mental condition. These are those messages, redacting the woman’s name for her privacy."

https://thedirect.com/article/jonath...ages-innocence

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Lethal Legion is a group that has serious potential for an Avengers movie. Funny thing is that while people make a big deal about Grim reaper being racist... as a member of the Lethal Legion... he worked with several black people!!!! Making him black would really mess with the team optics. I mean, this is a team that had not just Nekra, but M'Baku, and Black Talon in it!!! It was a pretty large and diverse team of Avengers foes and former Avengers. Oh yes, that part was spicy... in part because Wonder Man got resurrected by the Cult of Kali members and wasn't there of his own free will.

Yeah, it's kinda Black Talon's thing... and to a lesser extent Nekra. using voodoo to rez superheroes... and/or villains as undead minions.
    I still want the Masters of Evil...but too many dead villains.