Page 102 of 773 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 11593
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Disney Plus now has over 100 million subscribers, and Disney stock has been surging since Wandavision started streaming.
    I can't help but lol at the irate Star Wars who claimed their mass boycott of Disney + was gonna do significant damage.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I can't help but lol at the irate Star Wars who claimed their mass boycott of Disney + was gonna do significant damage.
    Was that due to Cara Dune?

Mighty Member

I wonder once the initial Phase 4 releases are out, if the correct watch order would be BW, FAWS, Eternals WandaVision so on and so forth. Because starting with WV wasn't the initial plan obviously.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I wonder once the initial Phase 4 releases are out, if the correct watch order would be BW, FAWS, Eternals WandaVision so on and so forth. Because starting with WV wasn't the initial plan obviously.
    It's entirely possible. Although I'm pretty sure every upcoming project up to 2024 takes place around rhe same time, in 2023/2024, with the exception of BW and Eternals

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Was that due to Cara Dune?
    As I understand it, irate fans are mad about Gina's dismissal, and mad at Kathleen Kennedy's leadership of the franchise.

MCU is still on fire turning minor characters into household names, and have yet to introduce the X-Men.

Ultimate Member

As I understand it, irate fans are mad about Gina's dismissal, and mad at Kathleen Kennedy's leadership of the franchise.

MCU is still on fire turning minor characters into household names, and have yet to introduce the X-Men.
    After everything she said she kinda deserved it.

Back on topic, though, I doubt an alt right group boycotting Disney will damage the MCU in any way

Eh, we've lived through the "boycott" crap before, and it never hurt Panther or Captain Marvel. As vocal and loud as these alt-right groups are, they're a minority of the population and don't have any real impact. All they do with their over-loud bitching and ranting is provide a lot of free advertising and drive up interest for the rest of us.

As far as Gina goes, I do dislike how someone's personal opinions are now being used against them on a professional level, I believe that your job should depend on your performance at the job, not on what you say off-the-clock. But that crap she spilled out was so f*cking wrong and ignorant I'm not bothered by Disney cutting her off. And I assume that her contract included behavior clauses, same as most MCU actors, and if that's the case then she *did* break her agreement with her employers and thus deserved what she got.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-12-2021 at 09:39 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, we've lived through the "boycott" crap before, and it never hurt Panther or Captain Marvel. As vocal and loud as these alt-right groups are, they're a minority of the population and don't have any real impact. All they do with their over-loud bitching and ranting is provide a lot of free advertising and drive up interest for the rest of us.

As far as Gina goes, I do dislike how someone's personal opinions are now being used against them on a professional level, I believe that your job should depend on your performance at the job, not on what you say off-the-clock. But that crap she spilled out was so f*cking wrong and ignorant I'm not bothered by Disney cutting her off. And I assume that her contract included behavior clauses, same as most MCU actors, and if that's the case then she *did* break her agreement with her employers and thus deserved what she got.
    Normally I'd agree with not firing people for their opinions unless they're extremely egregious. Corporations generally shouldn't be running our personal lives. People should be given a chance. But she repeatedly abused her popularity to spread harmful conspiracy theories and then called for unity. The hypocrisy is astounding. I think in this case, not renewing her contract was the right decision,

Ultimate Member

FYI The folks throwing fits about her axing were the SAME folks who threw fits about Finn, Rose, Ms Marvel, Cap Marvel, Black Panther, Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Star Trek Discovery, Duke Thomas and Gina being HIRED for that show in the FIRST place.

They hated her on that show until they saw her views matched theirs and when the ax came-guess who switched sides.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    FYI The folks throwing fits about her axing were the SAME folks who threw fits about Finn, Rose, Ms Marvel, Cap Marvel, Black Panther, Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Star Trek Discovery, Duke Thomas and Gina being HIRED for that show in the FIRST place.

They hated her on that show until they saw her views matched theirs and when the ax came-guess who switched sides.
    Exactly. She was called an SJW and a Mary Sue by the same alt-right YouTubers when she came on the show, because she's muscular and held her own. Yet Rey is evil feminism because she's too skinny. These people just hate everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Normally I'd agree with not firing people for their opinions unless they're extremely egregious. Corporations generally shouldn't be running our personal lives. People should be given a chance. But she repeatedly abused her popularity to spread harmful conspiracy theories and then called for unity. The hypocrisy is astounding. I think in this case, not renewing her contract was the right decision,
    Exactly. I'm sorry to see her go, I liked her character and enjoyed her performance as Cara Dune. But the crap she said went way too far and in this case I'm glad she was held accountable by her employers, even if I generally don't agree with them punishing people for a personal opinion.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. I'm sorry to see her go, I liked her character and enjoyed her performance as Cara Dune. But the crap she said went way too far and in this case I'm glad she was held accountable by her employers, even if I generally don't agree with them punishing people for a personal opinion.
    Didn't think she was a great actress at all, but I liked seeing a more muscular women, because they're often shut out of blockbuster-type productions. But ironically she got in bed with the same ideology which makes fun of muscular women. Ultimately she wasn't intrinsic to the show, so I doubt I'll miss her, but she had her fans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Now that is fascinating.

Ultimate Member

Now that is fascinating.
    She was an SJW until she promoted Q-Anon, apparently

It's done. Dances with ferngully has beat endgame. It's back in first place.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/avatar-...ey-1234713788/