Page 103 of 775 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 11621

Pretty sure Endgame will also get re-releases in the future and overtake Pocahontas in Space again.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's done. Dances with ferngully has beat endgame. It's back in first place.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/avatar-...ey-1234713788/
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Pretty sure Endgame will also get re-releases in the future and overtake Pocahontas in Space again.
    No biggie. The next epic film(s) featuring the Avengers, FF, Guardians, and X-Men in a few years post pandemic should create new records.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Space Pocahontas and Endgame are owned by the same company who is putting out more movies. Heck them putting out the movie again might be away to remove Fox and put Disney as the owner of Avatar record.

Ultimate Member

Space Pocahontas!

I like the message of Avatar but the story was boring. Plus, maybe they could have done a movie about Native Americans instead of simply appropriating their struggle.

Regardless, I doubt it matters which movie makes more. That's just corporate posturing to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Space Pocahontas!

I like the message of Avatar but the story was boring. Plus, maybe they could have done a movie about Native Americans instead of simply appropriating their struggle.
    Don't take the space pocahontas thing too seriously, Avatar wasn't appropriating in any culture. Also Why did Avatar have to be about Native Americans, They did movie with Native Americans it was called Pocahontas, They did movie with Native Americans it was called Dancing with wolves, They did movie with Asians it is called the last Last Samurai, They did movie animated movie it was called Fern Gully. A person who was part of culture destroying a thing joining the very indigenous culture and fighting to save it is common enough trope. James Cameron is super into environmental stuff and Avatar has general message about saving the environment and generic culture makes the message applicable to any indigenous culture that exists on earth who our destroying environment and land is effecting.

Back on topic excited about Falcon and Winter Solider, It is weird that it might be a little disappointing come off Wandavision, I would have never seen that coming.

Ultimate Member

I meant because the hero in Avatar is still a boring white guy.

As you said, back on Topic. I think we should expect different things from FaWS.

F&tWS looks like its going to be a more typical Marvel production, probably cut from the same cloth as Winter Soldier and the rest of the Russo's MCU films. So, more serious than an Iron Man or GotG movie, but still laced with humor and the zingers we expect from Marvel.

And that's fine. I love that Wandavision did something different and unique and really leaned hard into the new tv style format, but F&tWS doing more a typical MCU narrative isn't a bad thing. The show should still be a lot of fun and the extra run time will hopefully allow for a deeper exploration of the villains, richer subplots, etc., than we usually get.

This show might not be as original as Wandavision....but I don't think any of them are going to be. Maybe Moon Knight or She-Hulk will be as unique, in their own way, as Wandavision was, but mostly I think these shows are just meant to bring the MCU experience to a weekly, episodic tv sensibility without trying to fix/change a formula that has served the studio well for over a decade.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Well, it may be more original in the topics it may address, but I see what you're saying.

Sometimes it doesn't need to have a very new plot if it focuses on expanding the characters

What I've heard of the show, it'll be dealing with Zemo and his followers trying to get rid of heroes and villains (how they plan to do that, and why...who knows) as well as a new government sanctioned Captain America who will probably end up as an antagonist, if not an outright bad guy.

So, a lot of similar ground as what Winter Soldier and Civil War covered; the downside of superhumanity and the cost of these big meta battles, government involvement in heroism and whether oversight is actually good or not, so on and so forth.

Personally I think that's fine. Maybe it's redundant, but I prefer to look at it as expanding on established themes, and stuff like the Sokovia Accords, Thunderbolt Ross' involvement with the Avengers, etc., are things I've wanted to see the MCU build on for years. We often complain (I do, anyway) about how quickly the MCU moves and how it doesn't take the time to really explore everything it establishes before hitting the next big development (the post-AoU team, the Accords, all kinds of stuff). Well, maybe these shows are a way to do that and dig into these topics and themes without slowing the films down. I mean, really, who's going to argue with a spiritual sequel to Winter Soldier, one of Marvel's best movies?

Honestly, if we get a fun dynamic between Sam and Bucky, some nice commentary on Steve and what he meant to the MCU, and some good action sequences....what more could we ask for? What more could we realistically expect?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Personally I think that's fine. Maybe it's redundant, but I prefer to look at it as expanding on established themes, and stuff like the Sokovia Accords, Thunderbolt Ross' involvement with the Avengers, etc., are things I've wanted to see the MCU build on for years. We often complain (I do, anyway) about how quickly the MCU moves and how it doesn't take the time to really explore everything it establishes before hitting the next big development (the post-AoU team, the Accords, all kinds of stuff). Well, maybe these shows are a way to do that and dig into these topics and themes without slowing the films down. I mean, really, who's going to argue with a spiritual sequel to Winter Soldier, one of Marvel's best movies?
    I didn't think of that. But you're right. They need to elaborate on the plot points they introduce before moving too quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's done. Dances with ferngully has beat endgame. It's back in first place.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/avatar-...ey-1234713788/
    Whoever wins, Zoe will never lose:

159846356_745810692971785_6709874898400176241_n.jpg

Ultimate Member

So how many different "storylines" are going to be in the next phases? The previous phase has the Infinity Saga, so what's next?

So far we at least have the Multiverse storyline (WandaVision, Loki, NWH, MoM) and the Skrull/Kree Storyline (Secret Invasion, possible Ms. Marvel and CM2).

Otherwise FaWS, Black Widow, Hawkeye and possibly Armor Wars are all connected. Not sure how the other shows fit in. What could be the connections?

Extraordinary Member

So how many different "storylines" are going to be in the next phases? The previous phase has the Infinity Saga, so what's next?

So far we at least have the Multiverse storyline (WandaVision, Loki, NWH, MoM) and the Skrull/Kree Storyline (Secret Invasion, possible Ms. Marvel and CM2).

Otherwise FaWS, Black Widow, Hawkeye and possibly Armor Wars are all connected. Not sure how the other shows fit in. What could be the connections?
    She-hulk ties into to Secret Invasion

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She-hulk ties into to Secret Invasion
    Really, didn't know that. How so?

Really, didn't know that. How so?
    A Skrull was rumored to join the cast.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...er-skrull/amp/

I'm thinking it's Jazinda-
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazinda