Page 114 of 775 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 11621

My guess? I'd think the film got pushed back again because the studio is banking on the extra time allowing for more butts in theater seats; more time for the pandemic to ebb, more people to get vaccinated. And it's going on Disney+ because we'll still be in a gods damn pandemic and even if things don't go totally sideways by the film's release date, a whole lot of people will still be wary of going to the movies. And D+ has been, from all reports I've seen, stupidly successful and the MCU shows have been stupidly successful.

Widow's not going to make as much box office as other MCU films have (I assume). It's still a f*cking pandemic, people are still staying home. And if we're still knee deep in all this by the time Eternals hits, that film won't do huge box office either. So of course they're gonna throw the film up on the biggest streaming service around right now, which has already proven it's worth and made a crap ton of money. Between traditional theaters doing, like, half normal attendance or whatever they end up pulling, and everyone and their mother having Disney+, the film will be perfectly profitable. It's box office will be great for the 2020-21 season but awfully low by pre-covid standards. I wouldn't call that bombing, but saying the film won't do huge box office numbers seems a reasonable prediction to me. That's only part of where the money will be coming from, and quite possibly the lesser part, though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Okay, you aren't moving goal posts, thus you claim that Spider-Man, Iron Man and Black Panther are hyper powered beings. Fair enough.
    You can hang onto that if it makes you feel better, but my point was clear. Characters with super powers are generally a bigger draw than characters without.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    What full picture am I not considering? Why are we pretending Spider-Man, Iron-Man, & Ant-Man don't have powers?

Relative to the general success of MCU films?
    Covid exist right?...so it "bombing" is not a factor. Because everything movie wise is going to "bomb" for the next few years. So it doesn't matter how it preforms at the box office, if theaters aren't open everywhere, like in previous non-covid years. But the notion that because Black Widow doesn't have the flashy powers of Doctor Strange or other characters will doom it from making money, is pure nonsense. If that's what you are suggesting in this thread and frankly nothing backs up that notion and is only an assumption.

Just say you aren't interested in it and be done with it. No need for the gymnastics. lol
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-25-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If the cast Moondragon for Guardians Vol 3, I wonder what age range they will go for?

Bautista is 52 years old now. So I wonder will Moondragon be old like 30? Or young like a teen?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If the cast Moondragon for Guardians Vol 3, I wonder what age range they will go for?

Bautista is 52 years old now. So I wonder will Moondragon be old like 30? Or young like a teen?
    I assume around mid-20s at least. Depends on exactly when she "died"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I assume around mid-20s at least. Depends on exactly when she "died"
    Another thing is if they will look for actresses Filipino like a Bautista?

And look at queer actresses for that matter?

Ultimate Member

If they want to be consistent, then I hope they will. Although is he half-Filipino or full-Filipino? Just curious

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Drax is a gray alien, so unless they plan on specifically giving him his human origins from the comics and actually showing him as a human in some sort of flashback, I don't think ethnicity would even be a factor when casting Moondragon. Although I do hope she is not a gray alien like him in the MCU. That would be a dumb look for her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Drax is a gray alien, so unless they plan on specifically giving him his human origins from the comics and actually showing him as a human in some sort of flashback, I don't think ethnicity would even be a factor when casting Moondragon. Although I do hope she is not a gray alien like him in the MCU. That would be a dumb look for her.
    I'm guessing she'll look like a bald woman

Mighty Member

I read that before Tom Hiddleston was cast as Loki, actors in the running were Jim Carrey and Josh Hartnett. Ok, Carrey I can definitely see, although even at that time, I feel he would have been too old for the part. But, watching The Mask, I can see why Marvel would have considered him. But Josh Hartnett? I shudder to think what he would have done with Loki.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I read that before Tom Hiddleston was cast as Loki, actors in the running were Jim Carrey and Josh Hartnett. Ok, Carrey I can definitely see, although even at that time, I feel he would have been too old for the part. But, watching The Mask, I can see why Marvel would have considered him. But Josh Hartnett? I shudder to think what he would have done with Loki.
    I heard that. Seems like such an odd casting choice.

This is likely an unpopular opinion but I much much much much prefer comic book stuff in movie form.

Give me 2ish hour doses of comic book madness and then bounce out.

The 6-8 hour long form storytelling just doesn't scratch the same itch. Sometimes longer and "deeper" and more isn't really better.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is likely an unpopular opinion but I much much much much prefer comic book stuff in movie form.

Give me 2ish hour doses of comic book madness and then bounce out.

The 6-8 hour long form storytelling just doesn't scratch the same itch. Sometimes longer and "deeper" and more isn't really better.
    I feel that way sometimes but I also feel the movies don't always have time to go into detail about things which make the characters interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I feel that way sometimes but I also feel the movies don't always have time to go into detail about things which make the characters interesting
    yeah I think it just depends.

Like WandaVisoin wouldn't be a good movie... at the same time I felt that 8 or 9 episodes was too long for the show.

Just sometimes I don't really care about things that make characters "interesting" lol.

Like for example, spoilers:
    i don't care about Falcon's financial troubles
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    yeah I think it just depends.

Like WandaVisoin wouldn't be a good movie... at the same time I felt that 8 or 9 episodes was too long for the show.

Just sometimes I don't really care about things that make characters "interesting" lol.

Like for example, spoilers:
    i don't care about Falcon's financial troubles
    end of spoilers
    That's ok. I like how they're going deeper into the characters.